The CAMERON DAWSON thread

We've learnt nothing in 2 years. 

Autumn 2018 - Dawson was in shocking form after Jos continued to play him in front of a weekly rotating defence - personnel and formation was changing every game. Dawson needed loaning out for some experience. 

Fast forward to now and it's exactly the same issue. He's no where near good enough for Championship level and is consistently showing it week in week out. They only patches where he has looked good has been when he's briefly been dropped in behind a settled back 4. 

He deserves some criticism tonight, yes, but overall the way his development has been handled has been a disgrace. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The save where it hit him on his shoulder (When he should have saved it) and went onto the roof of the net was pure comedy

I was laughing at this point it was that bad

I was on the phone to a mate at the time, laughing to each other at how bad we are, gallows humour and all that, couldn't stop laughing at it either for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think there's an argument he was culpable for all three tbh. 

No doubt

1st - crabbed forward again and got caught with a simple header (yet another soft goal scored in the middle of our goal)

2nd - obvious. I mean WTF is he doing

3rd - embarrassing. Not even a powerful shot nor a difficult height

Also, shocking for the disallowed goal

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Didn't see the 3rd 

Did that thing where he palms it out into the danger area that literally everyone knows about now. 

Clearly the defence don't trust him either, the keeper is so important to any team.

But, he wasn't the only issue tonight, Borner was terrible, Pelupessy and Dele were playing a couple of levels up on where they should be.

Monk shouldn't be managing at this level either, the current run if we count the end of last season is catastrophic.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Just watching the highlights still on IFollow 

Dawson's flap for Richard Wood's header

JESUS CHRIST

Superman stuff, punching thin air.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Did that thing where he palms it out into the danger area that literally everyone knows about now. 

This is the MASSIVE problem for me.

Teams know how to get a goal out of him. It’s like starting 1-0 down when he plays now.