The CAMERON DAWSON thread

Guest LondonOwl313
39 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

It was something about him scoring higher in the ratings, and 'Even Fifa game knows'. Funny on a Whatsapp group between them, pretty effed up as a senior keeper banging it out to all and sundry in a ooh look at me social media moment. 

I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this, but that doesn’t bother me at all. He knows he’s better than Dawson, Dawson knows he’s better than him hence looking sheepish every time he makes a hash of it, most football people know he’s better than him and about 90% of our fans do too apart from the ones that have some sort of anti Westwood bias. The main person who doesn’t think he is is Monk and therein lies the problem.

I’m sure Westwood would love to blurt out what the situation is and probably can’t while under contract.. this sort of tweet is childish but just him putting out a little reminder that he’s the best at the club.

I don’t care if he’s nasty or whatever (not that he’s ever come across that way to me), but he’s a winner and a good player. Would rather have that than a nice guy who can’t play football

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this, but that doesn’t bother me at all. He knows he’s better than Dawson, Dawson knows he’s better than him hence looking sheepish every time he makes a hash of it, most football people know he’s better than him and about 90% of our fans do too apart from the ones that have some sort of anti Westwood bias. The main person who doesn’t think he is is Monk and therein lies the problem.

I’m sure Westwood would love to blurt out what the situation is and probably can’t while under contract.. this sort of tweet is childish but just him putting out a little reminder that he’s the best at the club.

I don’t care if he’s nasty or whatever (not that he’s ever come across that way to me), but he’s a winner and a good player. Would rather have that than a nice guy who can’t play football

Do you know what, I can't argue with any of that. Cracking post. He's the best keeper I've seen at Wednesday since Pressman, ignoring loans such as Carson. The bizarre freezing out is frustrating. I'm no football expert, but you could literally see the extra confidence in the defence when he was brought back in. I get that is part of a younger keeper's learning curve, but it was so stark with both of them. No idea what went on, but it's a huge blow that it wasn't all managed well - it should have been an International keeper bringing on and helping to develop 2 promising young keepers, having a laugh on their whatsapp groups, pushing them on to develop - instead it's turned into an embarrassing shitshow, where we're left with a quality keeper rotting away on his hefty wages, and 2 kids being thrown to the wolves. Just yet another fuckup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotten Owl said:

This is one of the most interesting of our fizz ups.

We had 2 young up and coming keepers. Both clearly not ready to be a Championship number 1. We can go back to Wildsmith at Middlesborough in the cup. 

Both had frailties you would expect in young keepers. Both should have been sent on loan, or properly coached and eased in, but it didn't happen. We had, in my opinion, the best keeper we've had in 20 years, replacing another quality keeper in Kirkland. But Westwood hasn't covered himself in glory over the last couple of seasons, the fifa console game tweet was embarrassing. And god knows how he is happy sitting on his arse not playing.  

All points, once again, to a huge mismanagement and undercurrent at our club. It really is a mess.

What tweet was that?

3 minutes ago, sam1 said:

What tweet was that?

Put it in a couple of posts up. Not the direct quote, but it stuck in my memory when it happened. Just a daft tweet that would have been funny in a group chat or whatever, but not particularly professional. Caused chaos on here!

54 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Do you know what, I can't argue with any of that. Cracking post. He's the best keeper I've seen at Wednesday since Pressman, ignoring loans such as Carson. The bizarre freezing out is frustrating. I'm no football expert, but you could literally see the extra confidence in the defence when he was brought back in. I get that is part of a younger keeper's learning curve, but it was so stark with both of them. No idea what went on, but it's a huge blow that it wasn't all managed well - it should have been an International keeper bringing on and helping to develop 2 promising young keepers, having a laugh on their whatsapp groups, pushing them on to develop - instead it's turned into an embarrassing shitshow, where we're left with a quality keeper rotting away on his hefty wages, and 2 kids being thrown to the wolves. Just yet another fuckup.

kids? he's going on 26 lol

Guest Bulgaria

Dawson had a nightmare, but some of the comments about him are out of line.

Save the personal comments for players who don't try, don't give two shiits, earn thousands without getting a sweat on, not for someone who is undeniably limited, is always available, a fan and one who is trying his best.

Same goes for Joey, yes he is limited, but no one can accuse him of not giving it his all. It's not their fault they are not up to standard.

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why do people keep forgetting how bad Wildsmith is?

Its a classic case of someone getting better the less they play. 

Dawson is much better than Wildsmith, who’s game is littered with mistakes and is even more of a table football keeper 

They are both rubbish ..... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Modge Owl said:

Rhodes got the best of if all the keepers, even Wildsmith and Dawson looked good under his coaching. Plus, he would know if they were ready or not and when they need dropping. When we got Kirkland and Westwood, both hadn't played for sometime but he got them back to their best. 

Hi Andy

How's the clown gloves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BRADDO said:

As a club we have traditionally had very good keepers. The current crop are league 2 standard at best. 

Spot on...forget this local lad been at the club years, does that make him an automatic choice. Must be a decent loan / free agent keeper out there. Sorry but our keepers are costing points every game now.

So easy for other clubs just pepper shots at the GK will parry etc etc.

We urgently need a been there done it moderate Championship keeper. Even a L1 experienced ok keeper.

We pick Dawson, does so-so, turns rubbish, we pick Wildsmith, does so-so, turns rubbish, we pick Dawson...etc etc etc 

And to believe Wildsmith still isn't getting a chance... Dawson really needs dropping and let Wildsmith come in.

Dawson still fails to command the box and have a presence there to organise the defenders, telling the play as to when he comes out and when he stands on the line (absolutely horrible when he came out against Wood and was nowhere near the ball, and for 1st and 3rd goals failing to come out), and his clearances... omfg... he used to be a decent shot stopper and that was kind of his forté but now he's making all the wrong decisions... i mean boxing straight out in the feet centre of goal, i'm no keeper but that one seems elementary.

Dawson needs dropping or we'll continue to drop points because we concede needlessly.

But defence also deserves blame here; shambolic... Börner and Lees far from 1st team ready. Really hope Flint is back Saturday, and hopefully Iorfa is fit again too. Flint and Iorfa would settle the central defence, I'm sure, otherwise we're just going to continue to leak goals.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

I’ve been saying this about Dawson since the he got his run in the team under Jos and the apparently evil Westwood was banished the first time round

I’ve been censored by Owlstalk since then (recently reinstated for some reason) for stating:

- Dawson is on par with a roadcone if it doesn’t sail straight in occasionally it will hit him and rebound out to an onrushing player for a simple tap in (they’re all now aware of this and openly mugging him off in the media about it)

- Wildsmith is like a chocolate fireguard

- Westwood is not only the best player currently under contract to SWFC (a contract he was offered freely by the club and duly signed) he is the best keeper I’ve witnessed with my own eyes at S6 in my 30 years supporting the club. He’s a proper player (indeed a “premiership player for premiership prices” player) with an aura about him on the pitch that is box office

- despite repeated cryptic ‘I know more than you do’ type posts from the site admin and a few others not one of them has managed to offer up a single piece of evidence to confirm or corroborate the conspiracy theory that Westwood is the devil, a bad egg & deservedly banished from the team 

Bullen and Bruce made sure the first thing they did was bring him back into the team and the effect on both occasions was remarkable. I was at S6 the day he returned (and Hutchinson) after Jos left and the atmosphere was electric with such a lift when he came out

If you believe I’m wrong prove it by beating me with the power of your debate......

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
2 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Lee Camp - free agent (training with us?)

Rob Elliott- free agent

Luke Steele - free agent

Are any of these any good/an improvement?

The same Camp and Steele that played in the calamitous Sunderland (till I die) season that saw them relegated to League One? 

By the way having watched that recently we’re in a far far worse position than they were then. At least they still actually created chances and scored those mystical things called goals as they went down