The CAMERON DAWSON thread

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

This.

Its crunch time for both him and Wildsmith.

Dawson has had his chance and blown it for me, give Wildsmith the shirt until January. If he’s pish, get shut of them both and bring someone in. 

We can’t keep chucking points away waiting for Dawson to turn into Buffon. It’s been clear for years now that he’s never going to cut it.

Don't be so sure ,he was only an 'O' too many  from turning in to Buffon tonight !

Next we will get the "keepers dont come in to their prime until their 30s" 

5 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

This is one of the most interesting of our fizz ups.

We had 2 young up and coming keepers. Both clearly not ready to be a Championship number 1. We can go back to Wildsmith at Middlesborough in the cup. 

Both had frailties you would expect in young keepers. Both should have been sent on loan, or properly coached and eased in, but it didn't happen. We had, in my opinion, the best keeper we've had in 20 years, replacing another quality keeper in Kirkland. But Westwood hasn't covered himself in glory over the last couple of seasons, the fifa console game tweet was embarrassing. And god knows how he is happy sitting on his arse not playing.  

All points, once again, to a huge mismanagement and undercurrent at our club. It really is a mess.

True

Losing Andy Rhodes was a blow too 

Wildsmith and Dawson both look terrified to be on the pitch. They're not up to it. They're not at this level. They should never be selected.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

This is one of the most interesting of our fizz ups.

We had 2 young up and coming keepers. Both clearly not ready to be a Championship number 1. We can go back to Wildsmith at Middlesborough in the cup. 

Both had frailties you would expect in young keepers. Both should have been sent on loan, or properly coached and eased in, but it didn't happen. We had, in my opinion, the best keeper we've had in 20 years, replacing another quality keeper in Kirkland. But Westwood hasn't covered himself in glory over the last couple of seasons, the fifa console game tweet was embarrassing. And god knows how he is happy sitting on his arse not playing.  

All points, once again, to a huge mismanagement and undercurrent at our club. It really is a mess.

What was the fifa tweet? Missed that

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't even think he's that.

Or Wildsmith

Both of them are at best U23 level

There have been that many shots against is during the last few games but can anyone remember the shot where the ball was rising and Dawson dropped to his knee?? He appears to dive out of the way of shots at the moment.

To be honest he looks like the positive end of a magnet with a positively charged ball smashed at him.

To summarize without being to harsh he's f**king w**k

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True

Losing Andy Rhodes was a blow too 

Wildsmith and Dawson both look terrified to be on the pitch. They're not up to it. They're not at this level. They should never be selected.

How can you say that when wildsmith never even gets given a chance?

Dawson is a massive liability now - and not for the first time. A keeper short on confidence, prone to glaring errors, with poor distribution is always bad news.

He's simply not good enough. 

The Westwood situation is crazy - and I dont think there's any way back now regardless of manager - so our only hope is Wildsmith who I do think has far more to him than Dawson.

Absolutely essential that we sign an experienced keeper in January - and ideally grab a free transfer quicker than that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

There have been that many shots against is during the last few games but can anyone remember the shot where the ball was rising and Dawson dropped to his knee?? He appears to dive out of the way of shots at the moment.

To be honest he looks like the positive end of a magnet with a positively charged ball smashed at him.

To summarize without being to harsh he's f**king w**k

FGS is it going to cost me £3 to edit this?? LOL

10 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

What was the fifa tweet? Missed that

It was something about him scoring higher in the ratings, and 'Even Fifa game knows'. Funny on a Whatsapp group between them, pretty effed up as a senior keeper banging it out to all and sundry in a ooh look at me social media moment. 

Play your best players, formation and system FFS. 

When you only have 3 fit CB’s don’t play 3 at the back meaning if you get an injury (Flint) you have no back up CB. 

If you want to play 3-5-2 make sure you bring in players that fit that system. Harris and Reach are no wing backs and Odubajo and Palmer cannot play CB even as cover. 

If you want to put crosses into the box for players to latch onto, A have runners getting forward and B have players on the wing that suits their favoured foot so they can get to the byline and put crosses in without having to check inside. 

Round holes, round pegs. Seems simple to say but obvious to see. 

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not read the thread. 

All I would say is that yes, Dawson is awful, but sadly so is Wildsmith. Neither anywhere close to being Championship level.

Both are league 2 at best, terrible keepers and  nowhere near champions level.

If Monk has put his job in Calamity Cam's hands then it's currently being palmed to the job  center.

Dawson was genuinely absolute garbage tonight. Totally and utterly rubbish. 
To be honest the whole team was absolute sugar, honey, ice, tea but Dawson did really put in a proper match losing performance.

To be frank he has been garbage for a good long while. 
Can’t see how there can be any choice other than to drop him as if we don’t his confidence will be shot to bits permanently.

Shot stopping is the relatively easy part of keeping. It’s mainly instinct and positioning (a narrow angle means if you stick out your arm it’s hard to get the ball past you). It’s decision making that separates the men from the boys. And Dawson’s decisions are very very bad. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Play your best players, formation and system FFS. 

When you only have 3 fit CB’s don’t play 3 at the back meaning if you get an injury (Flint) you have no back up CB. 

If you want to play 3-5-2 make sure you bring in players that fit that system. Harris and Reach are no wing backs and Odubajo and Palmer cannot play CB even as cover. 

If you want to put crosses into the box for players to latch onto, A have runners getting forward and B have players on the wing that suits their favoured foot so they can get to the byline and put crosses in without having to check inside. 

Round holes, round pegs. Seems simple to say but obvious to see. 

Name better wing-backs than Harris and Reach. 

I said it before and I will say it again we still have some rotten eggs in camp..... 

This happened with far too many managers now 

We need to start to point the finger at the players not the manager monk today looked deflated.... 

Looks like the bad eggs are getting there way again..