#LetTheFansIn

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

where do you guys stand on the Let The Fans In debate? Especially in light of yesterdays announcement.

This is a pic taken at the Palladium last night. Doesnt seem so distanced - although they are all wearing masks

image.png.9fad21f102cc5cdf64aa540178fff654.png

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

where do you guys stand on the Let The Fans In debate? Especially in light of yesterdays announcement.

This is a pic taken at the Palladium last night. Doesnt seem so distanced - although they are all wearing masks

image.png.9fad21f102cc5cdf64aa540178fff654.png

You sure that was last night?

I saw that photo at the weekend?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You sure that was last night?

I saw that photo at the weekend?

The tweet might have been from the weekend. 

Covid only gets the riffraff. That’s why you can shoot grouse and chase stags ( 150 people on Dartmoor chasing the poor bugger at the weekend.) one law for the haves and another for the have nots. That photo doesn’t exactly look a posies gig either. 

Think at present time large gatherings of 600 people at most allowed outdoors.
I know some people will say you can socially distance about 5,000 at Hillsborough but you also have to think about things like pubs around the ground and public transport to and from events.

That photo from the London Palladium does seem all wrong at the present time.

Strange that Johnson pushes on with three tier restrictions despite opposition from his scientific and medical advisors !

Kids back to school enabling parents to return to work. Teens to Universities in halls of residence.

Johnson rejecting herd immunity. You could have fooled me !

The priorities must be damping down the infection rate and establishing a Social Care plan that is fit for purpose.

Science is working hard for a vaccine, we must be patient and stay safe ! 

The economy has to wait in line, keep the printers busy printing money it's all meaningless anyway. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Strange that Johnson pushes on with three tier restrictions despite opposition from his scientific and medical advisors !

Kids back to school enabling parents to return to work. Teens to Universities in halls of residence.

The priorities must be damping down the infection rate and establishing a Social Care plan that is fit for purpose.

The economy has to wait in line, keep the printers busy printing money it's all meaningless anyway. 

Some medical advisors wanted more restrictions while others wanted looser restrictions.
Think the current ones are a bit too tight myself.

• Like 1

Should be back to 25% attendances or at least just season ticket holders. Not sure financially there is much gain in letting in just 1,000 fans so needs to be a decent chunk.

Regardless of whether they actually do any good the issue with masks for me has always been that social distancing goes down the pan as the mask gives a false sense of not needing to. With proper registration for games and planning I don't see masks being needed at least. You either sit in your home bubble group or a few seats away on your own.

52 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The high spots in the north are all university cities, Nottingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool. I'd love to know if the rise in figures is because of students in halls of residence or if it's a rise in the general population?

And I'd like to really know not just 'I bet it's the students' style Owlstalk guess.

50 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Some medical advisors wanted more restrictions while others wanted looser restrictions.
Think the current ones are a bit too tight myself.

Don't think they're tight enough personally.

Deaths are doubling every two weeks with the current restrictions. Gone from 300 to 600 a week in the last fortnight. Double that again and we've got 1200 a week dying by Halloween, without a stronger lockdown we're at around 5000 a week by December then 20,000 dead each week by Christmas and by the end of January we're losing an FA cup final crowd a week. By then though the hospitals will be full, the doctors will be overworked and the equipment will run out and we'll be back to a higher death rate per case so we'd be looking at larger numbers far higher than that.

That's the problem with exponential growth, it grows exponentially.

Obviously by that point we'll have gone back into complete lockdown and at the current rate it'll be just in time for Christmas.

Only solution I can think of would be short sharp complete lock downs while the numbers are low. Locking down late and hoping for the best kills thousands of people. If we'd had a complete lockdown for 2 weeks in September we'd have reset the numbers and we'd have lower restrictions again now and businesses could be operating more normally. Need to do that every couple of months until we get a vaccine. Any period where it's left to spread will kill thousands. Either that or track everyone with the virus but we've given billions to Dom's useless mates to mess that up already

Edited by Sultan_Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

The high spots in the north are all university cities, Nottingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool. I'd love to know if the rise in figures is because of students in halls of residence or if it's a rise in the general population?

And I'd like to really know not just 'I bet it's the students' style Owlstalk guess.

Since some of you came down to Torquay for a couple of days,the infection rate in Exeter has doubled.