#LetTheFansIn

Guest Grandad

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

To me the restrictions in the medium areas feels about right at this moment.
I dont think I would support Sheffield being moved into Tier 3 as seems very likely (Although I would still follow the rules)
Think a second lockdown only puts off the infection rate for a few weeks and the knock on effect is too great.
Everyone seems to be pinning their hopes on a vaccine due at earliest Spring 2021 with no guarantee.
I wouldnt be confident of the Government implementing the vaccine programme successfully after the Track and Trace embarrassment.

2 vaccine trials already been stopped...no silver bullets here,just trial & error over (usual) many years,sometimes decades....before a 'safe' vaccine' is found....(if ever) Carrying on like this will see a Covid 19 infection rates,probaly start to fall,ditto death rates...

But at what cost? Cancer treatment? heart attacks & strokes? Diabetes?...mental health? suicides?....all reported as suffering because of the emphasis on Covid...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

To me the restrictions in the medium areas feels about right at this moment.
I dont think I would support Sheffield being moved into Tier 3 as seems very likely (Although I would still follow the rules)
Think a second lockdown only puts off the infection rate for a few weeks and the knock on effect is too great.
Everyone seems to be pinning their hopes on a vaccine due at earliest Spring 2021 with no guarantee.
I wouldnt be confident of the Government implementing the vaccine programme successfully after the Track and Trace embarrassment.

The sage idea of a "circuit breaker" that Sir Kier is so keen on said (along the lines of) a two week total lockdown would delay the virus infection rate by 28 days. Just what is the point of that ?  When this is all over we will look back and see thousands of business ruined, many lives  (probably more than Covid deaths) lost to cancer, heart disease, stroke etc,  our economy trashed with no money left for the NHS, and mass unemployment.  If a successful vaccine was guaranteed to be ready on, say, March 2nd, I can see we have to take precautions till then, but thats not the case.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

SERIOUS MESSAGE

If anyone is being affected in any way from this discussion please do not read any more of it, and move to a different thread.

Its cheered me up no end LOL (just kidding) Got2laugh ,though..you cant watch a game of football in the fresh air,but you can in a Hospitality suite whilst the game is being played,presumably whilst your there,you can allegedly order as much cholesterol busting food as you like,& wash it down with allegedly 10 pints ,but you cant responsibly watch a game of footy,or go to a gym(tier 3)    But respect for caring(and acting responsibly) WAWAW   & we always will be

34 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its cheered me up no end LOL (just kidding) Got2laugh ,though..you cant watch a game of football in the fresh air,but you can in a Hospitality suite whilst the game is being played,presumably whilst your there,you can allegedly order as much cholesterol busting food as you like,& wash it down with allegedly 10 pints ,but you cant responsibly watch a game of footy,or go to a gym(tier 3)    But respect for caring(and acting responsibly) WAWAW   & we always will be

You can watch games of football at the moment. Plenty of non league games can let fans in (max of 600).

Hospitality suite has to follow Covid guidelines.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

You can watch games of football at the moment. Plenty of non league games can let fans in (max of 600).

Hospitality suite has to follow Covid guidelines.

Yes mate,i know,considered it myself,much cheaper too,..but we cant get 15,ooo season ticket holders to follow suit....its plain 'bizarre' to be let into a ground,where live football is being played on the pitch,to sit in a room with blacked out windows,and watch it on TV....

Suite would be enclosed,with(potentially) a allegedly higher viral load inside.....(from airborne particles)  thats why households mixing indoors  are banned in tier2,but allowed outside in the rule of six....And my point about fresh air sports spectators and indoor gyms holds fast i think....sit down order as many burger and chips as you like,wash it down with 10 pints....FINE..........

go to a gym(under tier 3) where you disinfect every piece of kit b4 & after...not allowed...

Where is the sense in this????  no more danger in a Gym or a pub,than a supermarket......a shop,  or a workplace....

Edited by parajack

12 hours ago, parajack said:

Yes mate,i know,considered it myself,much cheaper too,..but we cant get 15,ooo season ticket holders to follow suit....its plain 'bizarre' to be let into a ground,where live football is being played on the pitch,to sit in a room with blacked out windows,and watch it on TV....

Suite would be enclosed,with(potentially) a allegedly higher viral load inside.....(from airborne particles)  thats why households mixing indoors  are banned in tier2,but allowed outside in the rule of six....And my point about fresh air sports spectators and indoor gyms holds fast i think....sit down order as many burger and chips as you like,wash it down with 10 pints....FINE..........

go to a gym(under tier 3) where you disinfect every piece of kit b4 & after...not allowed...

Where is the sense in this????  no more danger in a Gym or a pub,than a supermarket......a shop,  or a workplace....

Think when Government makes rule as simple as possible for people to understand they are loads of strange contradictions and illogical things.
If they make the rules more complicated and try to cater for a lot more scenarios then people get confused and dont understand them.
Think they was a good feeling I'm March of people pulling together and doing their bit for the greater good, was slightly inevitable it was going to turn a bit sour after a while.

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think when Government makes rule as simple as possible for people to understand they are loads of strange contradictions and illogical things.
If they make the rules more complicated and try to cater for a lot more scenarios then people get confused and dont understand them.
Think they was a good feeling I'm March of people pulling together and doing their bit for the greater good, was slightly inevitable it was going to turn a bit sour after a while.

They dont have a scooby,the alleged reason they are not allowing fans in,potentially closing pubs and gyms,etc....is that the alleged breakdown of Covid spread  is 25% each across Schools & retail,  so the limitations and closures have to be elsewhere.....to keep Schools open,and shops open.

Its a Political decision.......Nottingham 900 cases per 100,000  tier 2  Liverpool 300 cases per 100,000  tier 3

Edited by parajack

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Its a Political decision.......Nottingham 900 cases per 100,000  tier 2  Liverpool 300 cases per 100,000  tier 3

Think you'll find cases per 100,000 for Liverpool is almost 700.

4 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Think you'll find cases per 100,000 for Liverpool is almost 700.

It was quoted as 300 on last nights programme,where i got my figures from,but if i took your figure,its still lower than Nottingham(sic)...Liverpool figure current 661(sic)

Edited by parajack

1 hour ago, parajack said:

It was quoted as 300 on last nights programme,where i got my figures from,but if i took your figure,its still lower than Nottingham(sic)...Liverpool figure current 661(sic)

I got the figures from the "cases in your area" on the BBC news app.

Yea, I agree the numbers are still lower than Nottingham.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

They is a good reason behind its wheather its disproportionate or not that's up for debate.

There is little 'good reason' behind it,but only the history books will show it....26 million less GP appointments than last year....life put on hold,Billions squandered,jobs in meltdown,,,and Covid 19 is worse now than in march...We need to carry  on with our lives,focus on treatments for Covid 19 (not 'cures' 7 'vaccines') 

Aids started decades ago,and there is still no vaccine for it,despite billions being spent.There are however treatments for AIDS & HIV, that prolong life,and stop both being the death sentence they once were.

As I said earlier. We've lost around 200 people a day recently. We've already killed 2000 people in the next two weeks. They're going to die and there's nothing we can do about it now.

Those with the little smiley faces on the post I had on the first page. Are you still laughing?

Can people start taking this seriously please? There are two ways to stop the economy shutting down and prevent football etc from stopping. One of them is a vaccine and the other needed to happen weeks ago.

We all want people to be healthy and we all want the economy to do well and everyone to have jobs and life to return to normal but at the moment we're shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. And it's killing thousands.

A two week fixed lock down in September could have saved lives, saved Christmas and kept everyone free to go outside. We're just sleep walking into a complete lockdown in the next month.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

As I said earlier. We've lost around 200 people a day recently. We've already killed 2000 people in the next two weeks. They're going to die and there's nothing we can do about it now.

Those with the little smiley faces on the post I had on the first page. Are you still laughing?

Can people start taking this seriously please? There are two ways to stop the economy shutting down and prevent football etc from stopping. One of them is a vaccine and the other needed to happen weeks ago.

We all want people to be healthy and we all want the economy to do well and everyone to have jobs and life to return to normal but at the moment we're shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. And it's killing thousands.

A two week fixed lock down in September could have saved lives, saved Christmas and kept everyone free to go outside. We're just sleep walking into a complete lockdown in the next month.

Wouldn't a full lockdown though just delay people dying by a few months while having a knock on effect on there economy, cancer patients, mental health etc?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wouldn't a full lockdown though just delay people dying by a few months while having a knock on effect on there economy, cancer patients, mental health etc?

Depends what you do with the months. If we're 3 months from a vaccine a short lockdown could save thousands of lives until we're in a position to roll it out. We're starting deliberate human infection trials in January, we just need to slow the thing down effectively