Favourite Wednesday Moment

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

Atmosphere at Wembley, even singing after losing and drowning out Hulls celebrations. Wonder what ever happened to Hull?

They got to the Prem lge for the 2nd time this century and stayed up for a couple of seasons, which included an exciting cf against Arsenal, where the Tigers led 2-0 early on before 'doing a Wednesday'. In the semi final they beat Sheff utd 5-2 or 5-3 I think.

Then they got relegated but went back up to the Prem automatically. No messing with play offs.  Straight down again and relegated from the Championship.  Their last game I think they were 7-0 down to Wigan at half time.  This season in Div one they won their first four league games without conceding a goal.

So its been very exciting.  Whatever happened to Sheff Wed would be a better question.  I've nearly died of boredom since Carlos went.  

Can't think of any exciting moments in the last 10 years.  The Wycombe atmosphere maybe.  Wycombe&!#!

10 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

They got to the Prem lge for the 2nd time this century and stayed up for a couple of seasons, which included an exciting cf against Arsenal, where the Tigers led 2-0 early on before 'doing a Wednesday'. In the semi final they beat Sheff utd 5-2 or 5-3 I think.

Then they got relegated but went back up to the Prem automatically. No messing with play offs.  Straight down again and relegated from the Championship.  Their last game I think they were 7-0 down to Wigan at half time.  This season in Div one they won their first four league games without conceding a goal.

So its been very exciting.  Whatever happened to Sheff Wed would be a better question.  I've nearly died of boredom since Carlos went.  

Can't think of any exciting moments in the last 10 years.  The Wycombe atmosphere maybe.  Wycombe&!#!

Never got the argument of look where they are now. 

We've done f*ck all. And you're right - it's been boring since 2016. 

I remember being sat amongst the home fans at Loftus Road for the first game of the season.

It was big Dave's first game for us.

he scored a great goal, and I thought wow what a player

sadly reality kicked in a short time later

46 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

If you're going to be clever, try getting your facts straight. After beating us in the playoffs they got relegated in their first season before being relegated again in their 2nd season back in the championship. You seem to be confusing their 2 stints in the PL. 

Surely our runs to get into the play offs were exciting? No, what about the atmosphere when we beat BHA in the first leg or stuffing Arsenal 3-0. All boring stuff indeed (tbh most of our league form has been dire i agree) but would I swap with Hull, no chance, their fans weren't even excited at reaching the playoff final.

• Like 1