Alan Biggs and Garry Monk

1 minute ago, Weshallovercome said:

My perception is the complete opposite, it's an odd world.

He doesn't have the buffooning charisma of Carlos, but he seems bright as a button to me.

THIS

And he's just honest and says exactly what's happening

I wish him well

More  though - I wish that people would listen to what Garry Monk is saying, instead of listening to what his haters are saying about him

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Almost like he's trying to do a good job with a squad full of Gary Taylor Fletcher level players isn't it

I'm amazed that managers aren't stomping to promotion  with our players

That's a fair point.

My point is that when you don't have the quality on the pitch, then you need a top manager.

A good example is when Colin took on the Rotherham job.

They looked in a worse predicament than us, but he sorted out the defence and got them motivated and fighting until the last whistle.

We don't look anything like that under Monk.

Monk may have done well with the better-class players we had several seasons ago, but I doubt he's the man for this job.

It's horses for courses.

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Until SWFC.

When he's been ******** and has found himself working for the most generous, patient Chairman.

I bet DC is every manager's dream actually... whereas some replacements should've been made earlier (looking at you Luhukay!), DC is rare in that he gives managers a bit longer than others to try come good.

This football circus is often far too fickle for its own good with immediate demands of results when someone comes in and has to play a injury-ridden squad and try to salvage what's left of a season, then is allowed - with restrictions - to rebuild the squad somewhat to their own liking - only to be heavily criticized and demanded out of their job after delivering 1-2-1 so far in the league in a season where we're underdogs and practically relegated already due to the mountain we have yet to climb.

57 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That's a fair point.

My point is that when you don't have the quality on the pitch, then you need a top manager.

They looked in a worse predicament than us, but he sorted out the defence and got them motivated and fighting until the last whistle.

At least you've given him a fair crack this season mate

You're right - we should sack him after four games with a new squad, new backroom team,  new assistant manager, a -12 points deduction, Covid, the chairman selling the ground to himself then taking out a mortgage on it, no fans in the stadium etc

Get MONK OUT

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

Interesting viewing. There is a refreshing honesty about the way he talks. .. and I think it’s genuine. However, The most satisfying thing he said was 

‘I DON’T WASTE MY ENERGY LISTENING TO NEGATIVE PEOPLE’S OPINIONS ...‘ 
Well done GM! They are essentially oxygen thieves and we have far too many negative thinking people ‘Supporting’ our club! 

Are they negative, or are they Uber fans who genuinely believe they could do better in a position of power.

The vitriol / bile thrown at Monk is a society issue, social media fuels it. Probably the same at other clubs where fans have high expectations. A lot of fans were understandably sucked in by DCs dream.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Are they negative, or are they Uber fans who genuinely believe they could do better in a position of power.

The vitriol / bile thrown at Monk is a society issue, social media fuels it. Probably the same at other clubs where fans have high expectations. A lot of fans were understandably sucked in by DCs dream.

I can’t agree more.., society wants everything and now. The over blown expectation Of some naive people is nurtured through our (90s) history, the belief that money delivers success immediately and that less fashionable clubs have success. 
Also I use to laugh a quips on here like ‘ oh another Football Manager’ but now I realise there are actually people who believes their game success is transferable you reality! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

That's a fair point.

Monk may have done well with the better-class players we had several seasons ago, but I doubt he's the man for this job.

It's horses for courses.

We cant afford either, so we get behind Monk

• Like 1

As hard hitting as I expected it to be, Biggsy was like Paxman in his prime!

Especially like the bit where they both agreed that Trevor Francis was sacked too soon. :ph34r:

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why on EARTH would anyone think it would be hard hitting?

It was a pointless love in. Although I am sure you will agree with Garry's view on the ludicrous sacking of Trevor Francis.