Alan Biggs and Garry Monk

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

This squad is light years ahead of GTF level players. 

I think that's a naive view

At the time of Taylor Fletcher our expectations and evaluation of the players had become numbed due to a lack of quality so what we saw back then as an average signing would at any other time raised eyebrows at the very least, and at other times would have raised serious concerns

Like for instance if the club had signed a player with metal pins in his legs who hadn't played a single minute of football since a horrific double leg break. (ps if  anyone can tell me how a player passes a medical in that situation I'm all ears)

Time will tell

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

The Dunkley situation is an interesting one, he was at a club that was having a firesale, he has undoubted quality, if he was fully match fit and playing I'm guessing his stock would be high with other suitors interested.

And it's a leg break which ain't like a ruptured or torn ACL that will come back to haunt you as you're career goes on.   We've taken a risk, no doubt but it's a risk worth taking IMO.

How did he pass a medical?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

The Dunkley situation is an interesting one, he was at a club that was having a firesale, he has undoubted quality, if he was fully match fit and playing I'm guessing his stock would be high with other suitors interested.

And it's a leg break which ain't like a ruptured or torn ACL that will come back to haunt you as you're career goes on.   We've taken a risk, no doubt but it's a risk worth taking IMO.

Wigan fans didn't seem to bothered about him leaving from footballing point of view, even if he was well liked. 

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody should ever take the slightest bit of notice to anyone being negative

It's just a soul sapping exercise

I would always suggest totally ignoring them or even better taking the absolute mick out of them and mocking them HARD

Anyone that enters my world with negativity is shown the door .. life is too short 

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Almost like he's trying to do a good job with a squad full of Gary Taylor Fletcher level players isn't it

I'm amazed that managers aren't stomping to promotion  with our players

lol

Players faults now. The bad eggs have gone, so now the players are just crap. Brilliant

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that's a naive view

At the time of Taylor Fletcher our expectations and evaluation of the players had become numbed due to a lack of quality so what we saw back then as an average signing would at any other time raised eyebrows at the very least, and at other times would have raised serious concerns

Like for instance if the club had signed a player with metal pins in his legs who hadn't played a single minute of football since a horrific double leg break. (ps if  anyone can tell me how a player passes a medical in that situation I'm all ears)

Time will tell

But but but the players with quality we had were all bad eggs and destroying Sheffield Wednesday according to you?

Confused 

• Like 2

Good interview, he came across very well. He has a massive job on his hands, he’s been given some of the tools he needs. Think we should all understand that he’s going to be here until the end of this season at the bear minimum, and if we finish anywhere above 22nd in the league should be viewed as a success.

if we don’t achieve that, then think all his detractors have a point, but until then, let’s leave this continuous negative drivel and get behind Monk and the boys. Although don’t hold much hope of that.

• Like 3

I may have missed one or two but the gist of Monks message is "IT IS WHAT IT IS". 

A friend and fan of Brendan but we have yet to be the recipients of a Brendan Favour.

To me I liken Monk to Matt Busby, he rebuilt with youngsters after the Air crash. Maybe Monk is trying to emmulate Sir Matt following a car crash ! Time will tell.