Alan Biggs and Garry Monk

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would you think it would be 'hard hitting?'

lol

I'd like someone to question the manager on his 5 wins in 28 league games, failure to score more than one goal in a home game in 10 months and the fact we've only won once at home this year.

But away from the actual football he seems like a nice chap.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Local writer invites Garry Monk on for a friendly catchup

The club agrees, so does Garry and it's set up to go ahead

Hirstyboywonder expects it to be a no holds barred 'hard hitting' event

lol

USER ERROR

I think you'll find I didn't expect it at all, there was a thread about it before you felt the need to start your own and I posted my view of what it would be in that so no surprise at all.

Just don't see the point of it. We learnt that Garry Monk can be an amiable kind of bloke, we didn't learn anything about why he hasn't been able to manage our football team effectively for the best part of a year. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Just don't see the point of it.  

1) Don't watch it then

2) Don't watch it then bore everyone because something that wasn't meant to be 'hard hitting' wasn't 'hard hitting'

3) Don't NOT watch it then bore everyone because something that wasn't mean to be 'hard hitting' wasn't 'hard hitting'

Like I say - USER ERROR

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) Don't watch it then

2) Don't watch it then bore everyone because something that wasn't meant to be 'hard hitting' wasn't 'hard hitting'

3) Don't NOT watch it then bore everyone because something that wasn't mean to be 'hard hitting' wasn't 'hard hitting'

Like I say - USER ERROR

I find endless rants about Gary Lineker being anti Wednesday a tad more boring mate but each to their own.

Love you Garry.

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm, not the sharpest tool in the box is he, and actually not a particularly enthralling interview

The tool box is what it is, we fill it with square pegs to fill round holes because we only have some of the tools required. That's why we persist with the same negative stifling tactics at home as away from home because we can't change the gearbox at home ourselves.

Ryan-Gosling-Mr-Bean-Meme.jpg.481dd177a9eedc3f5152e2503ace58fe.jpg

When the mechanic in charge doesn't even know what tools he needs or what to with them to make things more effective or at least going into the right gear. WTF:Monkmanface:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think you'll find I didn't expect it at all, there was a thread about it before you felt the need to start your own and I posted my view of what it would be in that so no surprise at all.

Just don't see the point of it. We learnt that Garry Monk can be an amiable kind of bloke, we didn't learn anything about why he hasn't been able to manage our football team effectively for the best part of a year. 

It’s as close as we get to getting ‘communication’ from the club ..so I welcome it 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

At least you've given him a fair crack this season mate

You're right - we should sack him after four games with a new squad, new backroom team,  new assistant manager, a -12 points deduction, Covid, the chairman selling the ground to himself then taking out a mortgage on it, no fans in the stadium etc

Get MONK OUT

To be fair, I gave him a fair crack last season.

In fact, I wanted Monk and believed that he'd been unfairly dismissed at Leeds.

The constraints you list would apply to any manager, not just Monk.

I just think that he's the wrong manager for us as we currently are.

I'm not saying that he should be sacked after 4 games, even though I think he should have gone in the summer.

But clearly if we continue to get bob results and concede deep into injury time on a regular basis, then it's either Monk or the club's Championship status.

And I'd never put any manager before the club.

• Like 1

There was a thread before the season started asking what one thing you wanted to see happen this season.

I said that after 12 months in charge i wanted Monk to give us some kind of identity and develop a style of attacking front foot football that we could all get behind..

Still yet to see it....I`m trying to be patient as he has only recently got his own staff involved but a clear improvement in our overall play is essential over the next few months no matter how hamstrung he is.

5 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

7 games actually.......................and Garry Monk has been here for more than a year now.

I dont think it is asking too much for any manager worth his salt to implement a pattern of play after 13 MONTHS in charge regardless of who his support staff is.

*sigh*

Yet again someone totally ignoring the monumental changes/barriers Monk has to overcome this summer

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

"sigh"

I am as aware as anyone of the circumstances he is working under......................but answer this question , does that really stop him from communicating to a squad of players day in. day out over 13 months the "STYLE" of play he wants to see ?

*sigh*

*wants to point out that over the 13 months the squad has totally changed and we now have completely different players*

*shakes head*

*walks off down road wondering when Wednesday fans will go back to being intelligent again*

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

He's got a style of play ,keep it tight and try and pinch a goal  ...it worked at cardiff got it half right against Watford,failed at Bristol and but for lees injury would have worked last saturday....its not exciting  but that's not important so long as it picks up points ....whether it will we have wait and see if can pick up 62pts that we probably need

Edited by torryowl
  • Like 3