Sheffield Wednesday could show matches to fans at stadiums

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's bonkers, isn't it?

I'd love to hear a government minister try to explain why it's safer for fans to sit inside a pub with the windows closed and the blinds drawn watching the very same game of football taking place 100 yards to their left than it is for them to sit outside in the open air watching it.

Just more government BS.

• Like 1

This govt. doesn't do joined-up thinking. World snooker final and 300 fans allowed in The Crucible with a capacity of less than a thousand. Hillsborough capacity over 39,000 and no fans are allowed in.

Non-league grounds are also allowed a few hundred fans but have nothing like the capacity of football league grounds.

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

This govt. doesn't do joined-up thinking. World snooker final and 300 fans allowed in The Crucible with a capacity of less than a thousand. Hillsborough capacity over 39,000 and no fans are allowed in.

Non-league grounds are also allowed a few hundred fans but have nothing like the capacity of football league grounds.

Snooker was indoors as well.

It would be easy to get a small number of fans in stadiums. They could walk round the pitch to get out.

Although if you aren't allowed leave until full time based on our home form i don't think i would risk it.

I’m beginning to think that there are only a few, rational, commonsensical types left amongst us.

Mental health issues seem to be on the increase.

Can’t have a gathering for a live match, but can have a gathering in a stadium to watch a match on a screen?

Or is it me?

Or in speed reading this, did I not read this thread correctly?

5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’m beginning to think that there are only a few, rational, commonsensical types left amongst us.

Mental health issues seem to be on the increase.

Can’t have a gathering for a live match, but can have a gathering in a stadium to watch a match on a screen?

Or is it me?

Or in speed reading this, did I not read this thread correctly?

The alternative has the same issues as the reason you can’t attend. Not sure how this option is being considered.

9 hours ago, Howards back said:

Chesterfield were told the blinds would have to be shut. 

If Chesterfield were playing in my back garden I'd probably shut the curtains.

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just let fans back in. Temp check on entry and if you fail no entry  

*hands temperature check equipment to 5 foot tall, quiet and reserved female steward and tells her to just deal with the drunken crowds of lads walking towards her and not to let them in if they fail the temperature check*

Don't see what could possibly go wrong

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The snooker was in August though and before the second wave. I bet if they had the snooker today it would be behind closed doors.

• Like 1

By the end of the month the NHS is going to be on its knees if we, as a country, don’t take drastic action now. That’s not me saying, it’s the Chief Medical Officer.  Until they develop a vaccine you can forget live football.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

*hands temperature check equipment to 5 foot tall, quiet and reserved female steward and tells her to just deal with the drunken crowds of lads walking towards her and not to let them in if they fail the temperature check*

Don't see what could possibly go wrong

Unemployment is at a all time high.... employ some big blokes lol