Zohore done

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Shame, as he was the best we’ve been linked with, a loan though, not a permanent deal

Hardly, the best we've been linked with or brought in already. He may have suited us but why pay big wages or a big fee for someone, that's had arguably one decent season a couple of years ago? I'd hope we'll be smarter than that, and seek out bargains or loan deals instead. No need to resort to desperation or straining the P&S limits again. 

9 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hardly, the best we've been linked with or brought in already. He may have suited us but why pay big wages or a big fee for someone, that's had arguably one decent season a couple of years ago? I'd hope we'll be smarter than that, and seek out bargains or loan deals instead. No need to resort to desperation or straining the P&S limits again. 

If the financials didn’t work out, sure I’m in full agreement. My point was, in terms of a centre forward, or leader of the line, he was the better than any other player we’ve been linked with for that particular role. Ignoring what any deal might cost, he has a bit of everything, and is used to playing the role we want covered. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If the financials didn’t work out, sure I’m in full agreement. My point was, in terms of a centre forward, or leader of the line, he was the better than any other player we’ve been linked with for that particular role. Ignoring what any deal might cost, he has a bit of everything, and is used to playing the role we want covered. 

I do agree with you that he suited us and we may have been able to resurrect his career. But I feel it would be too much of a risk, with the financial burden, pinning our hopes on another expensive signing and a player that looked handy a couple of years ago. If we do bring in Patterson, maybe we still might target a Zohore type to the lead line or maybe someone more mobile to lead the line and combine in a front two or front three? 

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

I do agree with you that he suited us and we may have been able to resurrect his career. But I feel it would be too much of a risk, with the financial burden, pinning our hopes on another expensive signing and a player that looked handy a couple of years ago. If we do bring in Patterson, maybe we still might target a Zohore type to the lead line or maybe someone more mobile to lead the line and combine in a front two or front three? 

Aye maybe

• Like 1