The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

On 22/02/2021 at 14:03, alanharper said:

The rhetoric is that VAR is against them. And so are the refs and the FA. And the council, and the Star, and Radio Sheffield. 

As long as you don't mention all the times when it's been in their favour, obviously. They've had at least 4 penalties awarded by VAR this season that the onfield ref either didn't see or think warranted a penalty, and Fat Billy alone benefited 3 times in 2 games with a penalty that he fouled their player for, somehow got away with a red card challenge in the same game, and then got away with fouling the Man Utd keeper for a goal in a game that he should have been suspended for - but they didn't get one at Fulham so VAR is bad, mmm-kay.

In terms of the net result of overturning on field decisions, only 3 clubs have benefited from the use of VAR more than Sheffield United this season, but yeah, VAR is against them!

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/ranking-the-premier-league-clubs-by-who-is-most-affected-by-var-in-2020-21/

You'd think the arrogant tw@t might offer some sort of an apology given he's managed to win three league games all season.

Do his promotions make him completely immune from criticism. He talks about them like they're Blackpool or something.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That interview:

this is everyone else's fault accept mine.

Complete guess, but I think the interviewer might be Danny Hall? 

He's the piggy journo who wrote a few books on them after they got a few promotions.

As a self publicist Danny Hall has been really quiet this season. Strange because it was difficult to move for him plugging his own books about the legend of the lane. I am looking forward to the updated version that will include this seasons record breaking efforts.  

12 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I haven't watched it, is this it?

The video thumbnail is spot on anyway haha.

Could that interviewer get any further up his Harris ?.........................he,s funnier than the mega bus man (who doesnt take drugs by the way )

That could almost be a Partridge type parody.

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As a self publicist Danny Hall has been really quiet this season. Strange because it was difficult to move for him plugging his own books about the legend of the lane. I am looking forward to the updated version that will include this seasons record breaking efforts.  

Yes, amazing how they all vanish when the good times start vanishing.

It's almost like when it comes to football in this city there's not much point in getting too excited and carried away,  because, at some point or another, one of us, or both of us, will completely f*ck it up.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

"Me and my mate...went down ta Wrexham in a car...

Tha were only 15 of us and da game got called off...

Went back up motorway, stopped at a service station and had a few tinnies.

Am a reyt lad me..."

What a cockwombler

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Wilder will be close to a338.gif 

32 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Could that interviewer get any further up his Harris ?.........................he,s funnier than the mega bus man (who doesnt take drugs by the way )

That could almost be a Partridge type parody.

lol

28 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

AHA !!!!!!!!!!

&@SiJlolI'm keeping it for big screen viewing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eightbelow said:

They are a shambles at the moment but I would swap places with them every day of the week.

I'm interested in this, meaning you'd want the worst season in our club's history as well as another half a dozen unwanted top flight records for being doggshit?

The laughingstock of the whole English league for the whole season & £150m down the pan on crap players.

We're currently crap but we aren't relegated in Feb.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I'm interested in this, meaning you'd want the worst season in our club's history as well as another half a dozen unwanted top flight records for being doggshit?

The laughingstock of the whole English league for the whole season & £150m down the pan on crap players.

We're currently crap but we aren't relegated in Feb.  

Yes, I would take that all day as it appears as if they have the means to get themselves out of the mess they are in, of course there is no guarantee that they will. We on the other hand are on life support and staring at L1 football next season with, no plan, no leadership, undermanned in the playing department and a childish fool running the club. We have been spinning out of control for over 24 months, slowly getting worse, while those b@stards have been doing a lot of things right off the field and building a fan base at the same time as we call our fans customers.

Suffering the embarrassment of a points deduction makes this season the worst in our history in my opinion. We have broken the rules and got caught and been punished, any claims of being a moral upstanding member of English football are now slightly tainted.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

That interview:

this is everyone else's fault accept mine.

Complete guess, but I think the interviewer might be Danny Hall? 

He's the piggy journo who wrote a few books on them after they got a few promotions.

Looking on their forum, it’s their in house media guy interviewing him. Even their fans seem annoyed that nobody will ask him challenging questions.

• Thanks 1

Just now, eightbelow said:

Yes, I would take that all day as it appears as if they have the means to get themselves out of the mess they are in, of course there is no guarantee that they will. We on the other hand are on life support and staring at L1 football next season with, no plan, no leadership, undermanned in the playing department and a childish fool running the club. We have been spinning out of control for over 24 months, slowly getting worse, while those b@stards have been doing a lot of things right off the field and building a fan base at the same time as we call our fans customers.

Suffering the embarrassment of a points deduction makes this season the worst in our history in my opinion. We have broken the rules and got caught and been punished, any claims of being a moral upstanding member of English football are now slightly tainted.

Fair enough. I just wouldn't want to swap places with them as things stand. We are very unstable off the pitch & struggling on the pitch, but we haven't set numerous new records for being fkng rubbish. Records that will last decades, at best, and we still aren't down, unlike them.

Opinions innit?