The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

42 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

This is the next part of the Wilder reputation protection strategy 

Injuries.

Never mind that you’ve had an almost unbelievably clear run free of injuries over the last 3 years.

Think that they have 4, none of which are attacking players, so doesn't impact their lack of goals..... but let's not let the facts get in the way.... again

Projected points needed to stay up is still 40 (it could be more now that Fulham are going to push Newcastle).

United need 29 points at a rate of 2.23 points per match. City have managed 2.33 so far.

W9   D2   L2 will do it.

In the world of VAR  it was a penalty all day long.

Edited by BIG D
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

He was on radio live crying when they went down to division 4 on radio hallam 

Please stay up Wednesday 

I wonder if there's any footage of the goal which sent them down to the Fourth?

I can't remember it now, but Blades fans tell me it was a good goal.

Chris Wilder:

"I'm bothered about Sheffield United and it doesn't help us to have five subs."

"My sympathy for them is not huge. If Man City are playing on a Wednesday night in Outer Mongolia and then have to play at 12.30 on a Saturday, they have to play at 12.30 on a Saturday!"

Also Chris Wilder:

"I do feel we've been cursed with injuries. We've had big injuries that have hurt us."

1029492636_WilderShock.jpg.7912572d39cb1b0f77d58d4703806451.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

The run of games has been horrendous for every single team. For Wilder to vote against having 5 subs and then pick the same players game in game out (even against lower league opposition in the cup) is bordering on negligence. 

Coulnt agree more, playing the full team in three cup games was stupidity, or he was that desperate to win games that he wasnt bothered about his players

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Projected points needed to stay up is still 40 (it could be more now that Fulham are going to push Newcastle).

United need 29 points at a rate of 2.23 points per match. City have managed 2.33 so far.

W9   D2   L2 will do it.

In the world of VAR  it was a penalty all day long.

As for the dude that predicted they would finish on 50 points, the calculation is even more basic:

39 Points, 13 Games.

WWWWWWWWWWWWW

Go for it Cwissie! garymegson

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Chris Wilder:

"I'm bothered about Sheffield United and it doesn't help us to have five subs."

"My sympathy for them is not huge. If Man City are playing on a Wednesday night in Outer Mongolia and then have to play at 12.30 on a Saturday, they have to play at 12.30 on a Saturday!"

Also Chris Wilder:

"I do feel we've been cursed with injuries. We've had big injuries that have hurt us."

1029492636_WilderShock.jpg.7912572d39cb1b0f77d58d4703806451.jpg

Not sure about this updated version of the scream painting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

I don’t think it’s a penalty. The keeper makes the save and, collided with the forward. There’s always going to be a coming together in that situation, doesn’t make it a foul.

Thought the same! I don't know what people are seeing saying it's reckless and out of control! I'd be absolutely fuming if that was Westwood and they got a penalty from it

Love the fact he and the pig fans are banging on about this penalty completely ignoring the fact they were battered for majority of that game without really causing Fulham any problems.

They got a very dodgy decision for them at the Stain when the 2 teams met earlier in the season, a game they were very fortunate to even get a point from.

O well....cry more Christopher.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Love the fact he and the pig fans are banging on about this penalty completely ignoring the fact they were battered for majority of that game without really causing Fulham any problems.

They got a very dodgy decision for them at the Stain when the 2 teams met earlier in the season, a game they were very fortunate to even get a point from.

O well....cry more Christopher.

One of mates from work keeps going on about it, even if penalty was awarded and they scored it would have finished 1-1, hardly a point that's going to change their season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

As for the dude that predicted they would finish on 50 points, the calculation is even more basic:

39 Points, 13 Games.

WWWWWWWWWWWWW

Go for it Cwissie! garymegson

If it weren't for:

• VAR
  • referees
  • lefties
  • injuries
  • the lack of fans
  • other teams spending money on their squads

I reckon they could do it.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, scram said:

In response to an injury ocurring due to the ridiculous schedule imposed on players?

Your response is laughable tbh

And for your information - i'm not watching mathes

I put my point across regarding the 'ridiculous' schedule in my previous post to you and you said it wasn't about that:

14 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you think the players would rather not play?

They are fortunate to be in a well paid job and still earning at this time. Many people have lost theirs, many others are having to work harder than they did previously. They are not being flogged. The PL season started 3 or 4 weeks later than it usually does, cup competitions have reduced extra time and replays. Oh, and they also had the option of 5 subs, wonder who voted that down?  

14 hours ago, scram said:

I'm not talking about whether players are in a great position or not

I'm talking about how the authorities deem it acceptable to carry on through a pandemic where millions of people have lost their lives

Millions of people have died

And football thinks it is so important that it carries on regardless and whatever stupid rearrangements it has to make they will do

Under the guise of FOOTBALL

It's bullshit

You wanna get on board with it then ets just agree to disagree

For someone who is not watching matches you seem able to offer an opinion on how players are doing this season and specific incidents in discussing live games: 

On 07/02/2021 at 21:00, scram said:

"This season" is a bit strong

Last few weeks maybe

And in a turgid season for opposition

Wait until the euros

he'll get found out 

Unless Pep has actually drilled it into him that its not a crime to defend when it is necessary

On 07/02/2021 at 20:30, scram said:

Being serious - how the absolute f*ck was that pen not given in real time

I mean how f*cking obvious does it need to be

The lino was 10 yards away