Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

I think I must be missing something.

The David Luiz foul last night that brought about the penalty and sending off. It seems he's (Luiz) managed to pull the wool over most peoples eyes with his 'accidental' foul.

He's done it loads of times, as have many players - make it look like you're trying to get out of the way of a players trailing legs but managing to get the slightest of touches on them to make sure they fall over.

It's a dark art!

3 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

I think I must be missing something.

The David Luiz foul last night that brought about the penalty and sending off. It seems he's (Luiz) managed to pull the wool over most peoples eyes with his 'accidental' foul.

He's done it loads of times, as have many players - make it look like you're trying to get out of the way of a players trailing legs but managing to get the slightest of touches on them to make sure they fall over.

It's a dark art!

I think that;'s true. Defenders run across the back of attackers hoping that a touch looks accidental and/or puts the attacker off

DL does it a lot, plus he has a reputation (remember the laughing at the corner flag at Old Trafford)

And yet refs seem mostly to be wise to it these days

I know Liverpool have had some bad injuries...but my christ they are playing so bad at Anfield right now. 

It's so ponderous. They just get it out wide, lump it into the box or hope that Salah can do something magical. 

The moment anyone sits in against them and gets organised, they don't have a clue how to break them down. 

Brighton thoroughly deserved that win tonight. They were excellent. 

4 hours ago, markg said:

Potter is the best manager away from the top 5 or 6 in my opinion 

Up until last week they hadn't won a home game in a year and had won 3 of 20 in the league this season. Chris Hughton got them to 40 points and 15th in his first season with them in the PL, Potter managed 1 more point with the same league position last season. Not sure what makes him stand out. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Up until last week they hadn't won a home game in a year and had won 3 of 20 in the league this season. Chris Hughton got them to 40 points and 15th in his first season with them in the PL, Potter managed 1 more point with the same league position last season. Not sure what makes him stand out. 

My opinion was based around work he had done previously too. I couldn't believe they hadn't won at home for that long until I heard it this morning

6 minutes ago, markg said:

My opinion was based around work he had done previously too. I couldn't believe they hadn't won at home for that long until I heard it this morning

What he did in Sweden was remarkable but professional football in this country is a different kettle of fish. He had a pretty average season at Swansea and is talked of highly for his style of football at Brighton but the end of the day, Hughton finished 15th and 17th with an FA Cup semi-final, since he left they have finished 15th and I'd be surprised if they do better than that this season. Hardly significant improvement. 

I think Fulham have a chance of stopping up. WBA no chance, Pigs have left themselves too much to do

Newcastle are scraping results and despite beating Liverpool, Burnley have generally lost their mojo, maybe because of the takeover shennenigens. If Brighton can dig in like they did against Liverpool they should be able to save themselves.

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Mourinho will be on his bike soon. A real embarrassment for Levy the little gremlin. Bale has been a disaster too. 

What's up with not playing Bale. Ol' Clinton Morrison was reyt peeved on the radio that JM didn't put him on even though only 2 subs had been used.

There's something going on in the background, maybe it's do with the deal done with Real Madrid. It's weird

Mike Dean showing a prime example of how out of touch with the game referees are.

He was looking at the incident before he even looked at VAR. VAR clearly shows Dean’s direction of vision. how can it take him 4 minutes to decide that’s a red card? You look at it once and it’s enough to know it isn’t!

Edited by 0wl18
  • Like 2