BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

Just now, Beholder said:

Think people have to remember it's easy to go either way, positive or negative.

I was gonna post negative but I decided to be positive. 

But it wouldn't mean anything about me if I had posted negative.

It's just an opinion. One of many possible or equally valid ones. 

Good  post

You basically just proved that before tapping a response to this signing you can choose whether or not to take a positive response, or to try and deliberately form a negative one

Positive  is always healthier

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep posting your hate for him 
I'll keep putting you right and correcting you with FACTS
What's happening here is that you've become entrenched in your position and have resorted to just screaming any old nonsense to keep your little adrenaline buzz going
It's been pointed out to you many times already that you're deliberately posting ridiculous comparisons 
And you're doing it just to make yourself feel knowledgable

You're WRONG to compare a  strikers goalscoring stats  with a  player who has played on the right of midfield

Thing is everyone reading this has seen what you're doing, and NOBODY agrees with you on this

But you'll continue because you've got so entrenched in your position as some kind of self appointed expert, and won't accept you're wrong as it will hurt your ego

Your actions aren't unique to yourself though -  what  you're going through is literally the typical  actions of an internet user, mostly seen in conspiracy theorists

I'm not going to engage with you any further as you're not accepting or listening to any actual facts

You're lost....

Now that is Narcissism!

Happy with this! 

- 1 year contract so low risk

- been in promotion winning side 

- high work rate with some pace and will enable us to press high up 

- plays in a few positions 

- we have no strikers!!! Buys us time to bring in a striker loan or two. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, flash said:

Happy with this! 

- 1 year contract so low risk

- been in promotion winning side 

- high work rate with some pace and will enable us to press high up 

- plays in a few positions 

- we have no strikers!!! Buys us time to bring in a striker loan or two. 

👍👍👍👍

Owlstalk Shop

Looks clinical with his head in and around the box, hope we give him the delivery , maybe even as a partner for Rhodes someone who can take the pressure off Rhodes needing to be the focal point (as he’s terrible at it)  Rhodes and Gestede had a great partnership at Blackburn maybe Kachunga could be the partner for him here 

18 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I can't help but feel if he's not good enough for a Huddersfield team that finished below us last season, he's just not good enough!  We've let better walk away IMO.

Last season he scored the same number of goals and got 1 more assist than Kadeem Harris - in 7 fewer appearances / 754 fewer total minutes played. And I'd say that most people on here are reasonably happy with Harris. 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're  just moaning about the platform though. That changes nothing. Never has done. Never will do.
It's never the platform that is the issue whether it be Twitter, Facebook, Forums or in the pub

If you're going to engage, just prove them wrong with facts

I'm not moaning about the platform at all.

I'm not really moaning at all.

I'm calling out negativity about a new signing who SOME are slagging without a ball being kicked & who (as you rightly say) may be played in a different position to the one where the stats are from that they are using to prove their negative point about his scoring record. Hence my slightly tongue in cheek analogy regarding Warhurst who was quite successful being played 'out of position'.

• Like 2

Just now, bigthinrob said:

I'm not moaning about the platform at all.

I'm not really moaning at all.

I'm calling out negativity about a new signing who SOME are slagging without a ball being kicked & who (as you rightly say) may be played in a different position to the one where the stats are from that they are using to prove their negative point about his scoring record. Hence my slightly tongue in cheek analogy regarding Warhurst who was quite successful being played 'out of position'.

Got ya-  sorry I misinterpreted 👍

The moaners don't bother me 

The ones deliberately  posting misleading  stats do though

That's not just moaning, it's deliberately misleading fellow Wednesday fans to try and sway their opinion against a brand new signing just so they can appear knowledagble  and win an internet argument

Low blow that to me

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good  post

You basically just proved that before tapping a response to this signing you can choose whether or not to take a positive response, or to try and deliberately form a negative one

Positive  is always healthier

Plus it doesn't lead to us losing left backs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Last season he scored the same number of goals and got 1 more assist than Kadeem Harris - in 7 fewer appearances / 754 fewer total minutes played. And I'd say that most people on here are reasonably happy with Harris. 

I wouldn't be one of them.  I think Harris started off well and tailed off badly.  His end product is well below par.  And not being funny, but scoring 3 goals in a season is the return of a right back, not someone playing in the opposition half.  Morgan Fox managed 3 last season!  We've got 1 striker at the club who has scored 8 goals in 2 seasons.  He needs all the support he can get!

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Lot of headers. 

2 hours ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

Surprising amount of headers in there 

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Hold on, he wears number 9 and scores headers galore! Mobile centre forward for me rather than right winger! 

Noticed this too from the YouTube video at least. 

We do need a guy in the box.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Jump on the knockers before he's kicked a ball for us but suppose you need someone now Nuhui and Fox have left. Deary me. 

It's not that simple though is it.  A new signing should absolutely be given a chance, but their history shouldn't be beyond scrutiny.  

Just not bothered...

The thing is in football is that absolutely NOTHING is predictable

A player's form, stats, past, history etc does not provide a basis for an accurate prediction

There are too many variables, from the team he's playing for/in, the manager, whether his contract is playing on his mind, if his dad's just died, if he's got gambling problems etc

A striker with an amazing record might not score in ten games

A striker with a rubbish past history can suddenly ignite and kick on

To predict this lad is definitely rubbish isn't just stupid it's really REALLY naive

This forum's posts over the years has proven that nobody knows anything and time and time again threads about new signings show some really embarrassing  posts later down the line

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop