BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

Think the good thing is how Huddersfield fans liked and rated his work rate and commitment. He didn't quite have the goal scoring impact in recent seasons but maybe due to him playing on the right in a struggling team. Not seen too much negative from Hudders fans basically. Which is surprising. I think Elias will be a great fit for hopefully a hard working and committed team that will have the mentality to keep going when the chips are down. Because we need that to be the case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

(despite 4 goals in 75 games)

AS A WINGER - BEING PLAYED ON THE RIGHT WING

I will correct you every single time you try to sway opinion by posting these stats whilst deliberately failing to mention he was playing on the right  side of midfield in a struggling team

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I think the -12 has people worried and the form of the second half of last season have people worried.

Dunkley

Brown

Kachunga

Widnass

All solid championship signings. Without the -12 I'd expect this squad with a couple of more additions to easily be midtable.

There lies the problem. The signings may make us a mid table side but with a 12 point deduction it will send us down. I think Kachunga is a desperately poor signing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It makes me laugh.  The same folk who point to our smelly neighbours and their King Pig as a shining light example, complain about us wasting money on expensive hasbeens on long contracts yet would have been in absolute total meltdown at some of those he signed and turned around in the past few seasons.

Free transfer, one year deal, proven at this level,  good relationship with another new recruit on loan from a top Premier League club but yes, MOAN, MOAN, MOAN fuckingMOAN!!!!!

moaning about people moaning. :bullen:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Why then, why not up front if he is so effective, Mr Selective hearing?

The only person being selective here is the person posting goalscoring stats and trying to pass it off as a strikers record to sway opinion against a brand new signing by deliberately misrepresenting the FACTS

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

moaning about people moaning. :bullen:

Shittestand laziest response EVER!!!

New season, new start, shiiiiite world, no fans in attendance, season long battle - try getting behind them and looking for positives rather than constant negatives!

I pray for you every single night.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Absolutely. The reaction to this signing has surprised me even by the usual standards of OT.

Just imagine, turn the clock back 25 - 30 ish years.

We announce a central defender is to be played 'up top' as they say now. 

Cue meltdown. Quotes a plenty in cliche land.   "4 goals in 50 appearances", "We need a big striker & get a bloody defender", "Manager hasn't a clue", "Don't rate him, we needed a proven 20 goal striker", "Not what we need" etc etc etc.

"Go on Paul Warhurst, let's see what you can do up front lad. Ignore the sniper's, they know fu*k all". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Just imagine, turn the clock back 25 - 30 ish years.

We announce a central defender is to be played 'up top' as they say now. 

Cue meltdown. Quotes a plenty in cliche land.   "4 goals in 50 appearances", "We need a big striker & get a bloody defender", "Manager hasn't a clue", "Don't rate him, we needed a proven 20 goal striker", "Not what we need" etc etc etc.

"Go on Paul Warhurst, let's see what you can do up front lad. Ignore the sniper's, they know fu*k all". 

Just ignore the moaners

They're FAR outnumbered by the positive reactions

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The only person being selective here is the person posting goalscoring stats and trying to pass it off as a strikers record

But unless he is playing Wingback, then he will play up front. His stats over his entire career are very low, he is 28 and has signed a 1 year deal on a club starting on minus 12.

The fact remains he has scored the same amount of goals in the last 3 years as Jordan Rhodes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

But unless he is playing Wingback, then he will play up front. His stats over his entire career are very low, he is 28 and has signed a 1 year deal on a club starting on minus 12.

The fact remains he has scored the same amount of goals in the last 3 years as Jordan Rhodes.

Have they both been playing as strikers every game?

Owlstalk Shop

Forum needs a reboot on attitude....'negging' when we dont bring some one in,'negging' when we do....FFs wait & see!!!...(if there any good) & than offer up an opinion!! See how there played,in what line up...see if they improve with coaching...show a bit of faith,until you have a reason not to ...

Ridiculous amount of pessimism,& negativity...     May well yet see another late loan signing or two come in,who knows?.if they dont,they, dont,we go with what we have....UP THE OWLS..  Airborne  

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest The Horse

I used to read this site several times a day.
My click count now must be way down to what it was.
Cos now I just despair of reading post after post from our entitled cry baby fans who want the moon on a stick despite us now cutting our cloth accordingly and having a structure in place that will be built on solid foundations promoting youth, energy and a professional team ethic.
But that requires patience to see through doesn't it?
And toddlers have no patience.
I'm out of here for a bit. The screaming in this creche is unbearable.

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Shittestand laziest response EVER!!!

New season, new start, shiiiiite world, no fans in attendance, season long battle - try getting behind them and looking for positives rather than constant negatives!

I pray for you every single night.

that’s very kind of you. Thank you.