Dave Allen. Visionary

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Given our recruitment so far - we may well get to see his preferred formation of 4-4-1.

Maybe we were too hard on him?

20 minutes ago, Manwë said:

He got a lot wrong, but he got the most important thing right.

Europe in five years.

Technically we were in Europe after 1 year, just not playing in different country unless you class Wales as a country. WTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The Allen era was the darkest time in our history which will never be matched . Never thought I'd ever see the day a Wednesday owner would sink so low as to take the clubs own supporters to court. Allen and his two lapdogs were a stain on our club we sadly cannot erase. 

DA never owned the club, apart from that you're spot on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Wasnt Allens biggest fan, however he never got the club into a position where we were docked 12 points. DC has taken the club to a new low.

To be fair, back in DA's day you only received a light slap on the wrist for going into admin and there was no need to skirt around FFP. You could even get promoted in the same season as going bankrupt, paving the way to win the Premier League title a few seasons later...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

The Allen era was the darkest time in our history which will never be matched . Never thought I'd ever see the day a Wednesday owner would sink so low as to take the clubs own supporters to court. Allen and his two lapdogs were a stain on our club we sadly cannot erase. 

I had a season ticket back then. Ndumbu Nsungu was entertaining, if not prolific. Had a good laugh at Proudlock's Blue rinse also.

The previous occasion I had a season ticket was when we got to the FA cup and League Cup final, with Hirst, Waddle, Warhurst, Sheridan et al. Quite a contrast. 

lol

Remind me of the lap dogs? Would Chris Turner be one? (Venemous #####)

Edited by Ozymandias Owl