Dave Allen. Visionary

Guest Grandad

6 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

One of the Highlights of DAs tenure for me was watching John Sherdan run the midfield at Hillsborough, for Oldham...

Remember that game. He never left the centre circle it seemed, ran the show. Scored a penalty as I remember?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In my opinion

If he hadn't gone, we'd either be where Chesterfield are now, or gone out of business

Fancy having to go down to the ground midweek to get a ticket to be allowed into the game on Saturday

And no tickets for sale on the day of the game

Cretin

Cretins. Another visionary moment for DA. He had mastered the art of Twitter before it was invented ...

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

What an absolute classic that was mate. Wasn't the interview live on football heaven? 

It was indeed..I listened live..quality😂

Guest Therealrealist
9 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Saw him at Greasborough club in 1970, he was one of the funniest comedians of his day.

Was that when greasborough club was where the co-op is now?

On 28/08/2020 at 13:57, Dan™ said:

To be fair, back in DA's day you only received a light slap on the wrist for going into admin and there was no need to skirt around FFP. You could even get promoted in the same season as going bankrupt, paving the way to win the Premier League title a few seasons later...

that's the STINK that is english football.

On 28/08/2020 at 20:46, ruscol85 said:

Remember that game. He never left the centre circle it seemed, ran the show. Scored a penalty as I remember?

saw don masson, and eddy kelly do it for notts county at hillsborough, ran the show from the centre circle, and we never put a man in there.

burtenshaws days i believe.