Dave Allen. Visionary

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, Jim said:

You just know he’s itching to bang his fist on the table countless times? 😂

Was he really a Wednesday fan like he claimed? He always had the look of a man who did not give a feck. If only Turners tactics were as good as some of his signings and things would not have turned into such a dire mess for DA and SWFC. 

Financially we were in a straight jacket with the Co-Op Bank. And why on earth the Co-Op bank bought the debt of the bank who lent the money to Dave Richards, I've no idea. 

47 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I had a season ticket back then. Ndumbu Nsungu was entertaining, if not prolific. Had a good laugh at Proudlock's Blue rinse also.

The previous occasion I had a season ticket was when we got to the FA cup and League Cup final, with Hirst, Waddle, Warhurst, Sheridan et al. Quite a contrast. 

lol

Remind me of the lap dogs? Would Chris Turner be one? (Venemous #####)

I urge you to get one this season.  If I have to suffer can't see why you shouldn't. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I urge you to get one this season.  If I have to suffer can't see why you shouldn't. 

I am rarely able to get to all the games, and this season its inconclusive that anyone will. 

iFollow and POTG for me again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The Allen era was the darkest time in our history which will never be matched . Never thought I'd ever see the day a Wednesday owner would sink so low as to take the clubs own supporters to court. Allen and his two lapdogs were a stain on our club we sadly cannot erase. 

Alan Biggs sucked up to him a lot

• Like 1

In my opinion

If he hadn't gone, we'd either be where Chesterfield are now, or gone out of business

Fancy having to go down to the ground midweek to get a ticket to be allowed into the game on Saturday

And no tickets for sale on the day of the game

Cretin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.