Another player attracted to SWFC by Garry Monk's CV

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

I couldn't myself see the need for him,at the time TBH..We had an abundance of striker choices,(JR wasnt in the first team,at the team,& hadnt done much allegedly for a while...nor was he a 'bargain'.) Seemed an obvious greater need to strengthen other positions after our Play Off final loss.History now though...hope Monk can get something out of him.

If it was me,i would work on his Psychology,tell him i was going to build a team around him,he was going to be my first choice striker,& that i wanted him to get into goal scoring positions,& go for goal,at every opportunity.I would be working also on improving dead ball situations,free kicks,corners,long throws...Anything to get the ball into the box...and/or score goals.

With momentum,comes confidence,and with confidence will come goals... any shot on target,forces a save from the keeper.Basic i know,but its surprising what sometimes catches the keeper out,or leads to a sloppy save,and a goal from the aftermath.(dont we know it!!)..Must work on at least 'hitting the target' more...

How many times have we seen a ball passed,rather than an attempt at goal? needs to change..

I thought last season the ball was in the area all the time but apart from Fletcher no forwards was capable of taking advantage. 

• Like 1

Is this what is stopping us getting players in.

With no success whatsoever and a reputation for falling out with players is this holding us back?

It seems like one way traffic at the moment with loads leaving and not many coming in.

Also players opting for the likes of Birmingham instead of us.

The season is fast approaching and we need to add quality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yep I noticed a more flamboyant style, just need some top quality forwards to put the chances away. 

Depends, if you look at the Blades(Yahhh,Boooooo..%&***££!!) got that out of the way, by throwing bodies forward & creating spaces,at times outnumbering defenders,goals were coming from all over..https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/163/Show/England-Sheffield-United    Maybe circumstances will make Monk adopt a similar style of play...

On 28/08/2020 at 11:46, @owlstalk said:

They're not at all

A tiny teeny weeny minority are crying like babies because Chansiri hasn't sacked Monk yet, but they're not overwhelming anything or anyone - they're just being proven incorrect with their mad statements, their crazy stats and their views using selective parts of Monk's career/season

lol

No point in getting any older if you don't get wiser. Your optimism is admirable, same sort of spirit we had at the charge of the Light Brigade, and equally misplaced. But time will tell.

On 28/08/2020 at 11:46, @owlstalk said:

They're not at all

A tiny teeny weeny minority are crying like babies because Chansiri hasn't sacked Monk yet, but they're not overwhelming anything or anyone - they're just being proven incorrect with their mad statements, their crazy stats and their views using selective parts of Monk's career/season

lol

Exactly.

And that's why I've got nappy rash.

We can't afford a "yet", because we start the campaign twelve points behind everyone else.

We don't have the luxury of waiting 10-15 games just to convince ourselves of Monk's unsuitability.

Snooze and you lose, or something like that.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Some people have different views mate

And some don’t really have any views but will put forward an argument to the death just to make themselves seem all educated on football etc 

Its really interesting to watch human behaviour like that

This is no time to be people-watching, and trying to decide - by their motion - whether they're real or not.

And especially not if your wife's looking.

That's the stuff of pavement cafes abroad.

garymegson

• Haha 1

Dele-Bashiru's older brother is at Watford and cannot get a look in - even when they were allowed 10 subs he wasn't in the reckoning

I know somebody that works in football who is well aware of both the brothers and i remarked to him that i hope our version is better than Watford's - his reply is that ours is better - by a distance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, scram said:

Dele-Bashiru's older brother is at Watford and cannot get a look in - even when they were allowed 10 subs he wasn't in the reckoning

I know somebody that works in football who is well aware of both the brothers and i remarked to him that i hope our version is better than Watford's - his reply is that ours is better - by a distance

After watching over 50 PL2 games these last few months he would have been nowhere near my list of top 20 players I would want us to have a look at. But, then again what do I know... 

On 28/08/2020 at 10:59, @owlstalk said:

"He has just told me to work hard every day, even if I am coming in and I am not feeling the best and getting little niggles. He wants me to work hard and be competing."

Inspirational stuff.

Plus, give it 110% even if you're injured.. can see that working well for us over the course.. 

4 minutes ago, malek said:

After watching over 50 PL2 games these last few months he would have been nowhere near my list of top 20 players I would want us to have a look at. But, then again what do I know... 

No idea myself tbh

Just was hoping we had a better player than his millionaire (not even) benchwarming brother - which i was assured we have

might be damned by faint praise - but maybe something to be hopeful about

1 hour ago, scram said:

No idea myself tbh

Just was hoping we had a better player than his millionaire (not even) benchwarming brother - which i was assured we have

I must have misread your previous post: does your Watford contact feel SWFC have the better brother?

1 hour ago, scram said:

No idea myself tbh

We signed him as he dominated physically against 18 years old players, Agents talk to get him fixed with the club in my humble opinion. Passenger in both games I"ve seen him play. 

There were many better midfielders to pick out there. Bur than again we resigned Polupessey, so nothing makes much sense for me... 

12 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I must have misread your previous post: does your Watford contact feel SWFC have the better brother?

Yes

That is the jist of it

The player we signed is considerably better than his brother - who has been severely underwhelming 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, scram said:

Yes

That is the jist of it

The player we signed is considerably better than his brother - who has been severely underwhelming 

Let's hope we can develop him into a top class player we have tried many times in the past maybe we are due one