Another player attracted to SWFC by Garry Monk's CV

39 minutes ago, heppers said:

We would need to be signing players like Messi every day to stop that.

Even the temporary respite of a 19 yr old potential Messi would be a relief. 
I get so pissed off by continual posts knocking everything about the current set up.

Just can’t believe how miserable some of the regulars on here must be to keep spouting the same stuff. Sure it’s a difficult situation but it’s not that difficult and those of us that have been around long enough have seen worse.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I get so pissed off by continual posts knocking everything about the current set up.

Just can’t believe how miserable some of the regulars on here must be to keep spouting the same stuff. Sure it’s a difficult situation but it’s not that difficult and those of us that have been around long enough have seen worse.

Been a reader of the forum on and off,for some time,and posting for only a short while...been surprised at both the 'negativity' & aggression/hostility....TBH

Social media i know can be a toxic place,because people can hide behind usernames and speak in a way frankly they wouldn't,if it was face2face.

Well,not without getting chinned anyway most likely. Creates a false vacuum where people want to 'win' 'shoot down'  other peoples points,rather than engage in friendly debate,and agree to disagree,if necessary..

Inevitably leads to a race to the bottom.....insults,multi-posts,,to 'win'..Trouble is no one wins...Just drags the forum down...

• Like 2

Guest hk_owl
7 hours ago, parajack said:

Trouble is no one wins...Just drags the forum down...

Owlstalk is just a reflection of society. The polarisation gets a rise, whips people up and encourages response.

Being so pro-Monk, Neil whips up OT with the “Gary Monk Era” and “Gary Monk’s CV” nonsense and ignores the doubters, suggesting that his view is “common sense”, suggesting we’re a brigade and we’re “crying”...

Results weren’t good enough to see us 12 points clear of the relegation zone last season... relationships weren’t built between the manager and the squad and the replacements we have signed so far haven’t come close to replacing those we lost.

I’ll be 100% behind Monk when we’re getting the results on the pitch. We can start by smashing Leicester later.

7 hours ago, parajack said:

Been a reader of the forum on and off,for some time,and posting for only a short while...been surprised at both the 'negativity' & aggression/hostility....TBH

Social media i know can be a toxic place,because people can hide behind usernames and speak in a way frankly they wouldn't,if it was face2face.

Well,not without getting chinned anyway most likely. Creates a false vacuum where people want to 'win' 'shoot down'  other peoples points,rather than engage in friendly debate,and agree to disagree,if necessary..

Inevitably leads to a race to the bottom.....insults,multi-posts,,to 'win'..Trouble is no one wins...Just drags the forum down...

8ollocks lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, parajack said:

On the surface I agree with your points but I find that in one thread I'm siding with someone and then in another thread I'm try to rip their points apart.   

Just have to accept that we all have different views and will never agree 100% with someone and don't take it personally. 

I believe that we often we post a comment thinking that its a reasonable well constructed post only for someone to take it completely different and a battle ensues. When if you was face to face with them you could quickly resolve the misunderstanding.

How we perceive someone's negativity might come as a shock to the poster when they thought it was a reasonable thing to say.   

That's why I have stopped using the politics room so much as every word is poured over, examined and challenged. So people quickly fall out over nothing.  

I rarely set out to offend but I do wonder how many are offended by some of my posts when it was never my intention to do so.

Just have to keep a pinch of salt at the side of you.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

On the surface I agree with your points but I find that in one thread I'm siding with someone and then in another thread I'm try to rip their points apart.   

Just have to accept that we all have different views and will never agree 100% with someone and don't take it personally. 

I believe that we often we post a comment thinking that its a reasonable well constructed post only for someone to take it completely different and a battle ensues. When if you was face to face with them you could quickly resolve the misunderstanding.

How we perceive someone's negativity might come as a shock to the poster when they thought it was a reasonable thing to say.   

That's why I have stopped using the politics room so much as every word is poured over, examined and challenged. So people quickly fall out over nothing.  

I rarely set out to offend but I do wonder how many are offended by some of my posts when it was never my intention to do so.

or keep your head down at matches

• Haha 1

I wonder how many times altercations on here have spilled over into the real world at games? Can remember chance encounters with a couple of people I’ve had heated debates with on here, at Ipswich and QPR away. Quite funny actually, as both turned out to be decent blokes, one of which I’d known from games for a long while. Think I’ve mellowed with age, and am less confrontational than I used to be on here Probably true in life also

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder how many times altercations on here have spilled over into the real world at games? Can remember chance encounters with a couple of people I’ve had heated debates with on here, at Ipswich and QPR away. Quite funny actually, as both turned out to be decent blokes, one of which I’d known from games for a long while. Think I’ve mellowed with age, and am less confrontational than I used to be on here Probably true in life also

Never had that experience but it doesn't surprise me that they turned out to be decent blokes they probably thought the same about you.

The perception and the reality. 

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Never had that experience but it doesn't surprise me that they turned out to be decent blokes they probably thought the same about you.

The perception and the reality. 

Not after I’d tvatted them😏

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blatter said:

One of the reasons I don't come on here very often, I cant afford theTramadol for the depression I get reading the same people doing the same moaning.

Edited by Owling Wolfe
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

One of the reasons I don't come on here very often, I cant afford theTramadol for the depression I get reading the same people doing the same moaning.

Moaning about the moaners, even I'm been dragged down to a moaner with the lack of action in the transfer market, were doomed.  Pass me the Tramadol pal.

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Well said mate 👍

Owlstalk Shop

23 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Wages, potential playing time and convenience are what will attract players to the club, everything else is just soundbites.

I've never heard a player not say something good about the manager when they have just signed, it's part of the game.

Then when that manager, leaves and a new 1 arrives, it starts all over again....

Exactly, but i love Neil's enthusiasm for Monk, it'll end in tears though