Another player attracted to SWFC by Garry Monk's CV

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

0_Fisayo-Dele-Bashiru-10.jpg

"The original reason why I chose Sheffield Wednesday was because I know his (Monk's) CV," said Dele-Bashiru. "I know he likes playing young, hungry players and I felt like I fell into that dynamic.

"He has just told me to work hard every day, even if I am coming in and I am not feeling the best and getting little niggles. He wants me to work hard and be competing."

"He [Monk] laid down our goals and stuff for this season so I feel like everyone is on the same page. Everyone knows what we need to do to get those points back and I feel like we are ready for it."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/dele-bashiru-sheffield-wednesday-monk-18842275?fbclid=IwAR3CY7eKQij8h_fShIi-lPFlVbmuPdlb4HfUKRnbec879GeI4woOYCzqV-s

Sackings and failure. I hope this lad isn't on the same level.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Monk's CV

5 clubs in 6 years

One of the worst win ratios of any manager in our history. 

4 wins in last 22 games

18pts from last 66pts 

At last. Some truth for once. He's simply not a good manager. He's got no personality and his ability to spot talent is none existent. How confident are any of us really in the 3 players he's recently recruited? We all know they'll flop or be average at best so let's stop sugar coating things and say it as it is. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's ok mate - I've heard he's going to skateboard into press conferences doing jazz hands from now on so you can be more impressed with him

Just a few wins would do. 

• Like 1

0_Fisayo-Dele-Bashiru-10.jpg

"The original reason why I chose Sheffield Wednesday was because I know his (Monk's) CV," said Dele-Bashiru. "I know he likes playing young, hungry players and I felt like I fell into that dynamic.

"He has just told me to work hard every day, even if I am coming in and I am not feeling the best and getting little niggles. He wants me to work hard and be competing."

"He [Monk] laid down our goals and stuff for this season so I feel like everyone is on the same page. Everyone knows what we need to do to get those points back and I feel like we are ready for it."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/dele-bashiru-sheffield-wednesday-monk-18842275?fbclid=IwAR3CY7eKQij8h_fShIi-lPFlVbmuPdlb4HfUKRnbec879GeI4woOYCzqV-s

Let's be reyt here he came because no one else was in for him 

Interesting quote there:

Makes you wonder if we had some players at the club last season who Monk felt didn't meet these expectations.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's ok mate - I've heard he's going to skateboard into press conferences doing jazz hands from now on so you can be more impressed with him

That's terrifying, he looks half asleep most of the time, like Droopy Dog, I'm sorry, but he's no Churchill.

15 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Interesting quote there:

Makes you wonder if we had some players at the club last season who Monk felt didn't meet these expectations.

We did

Monk said as much many times

I'm glad he's flushed out the instagrammers in our squad

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Interesting quote there:

That stood out for me too. I suspect that could be where the fallings out with Hutch and Westwood could have come from. Two players with a history of injuries who understandably may well have not wanted to train when they felt niggles.

I'll let people make up their own mind on whether expecting players to train through niggles is a good thing or not.

• Like 1

They're not at all

A tiny teeny weeny minority are crying like babies because Chansiri hasn't sacked Monk yet, but they're not overwhelming anything or anyone - they're just being proven incorrect with their mad statements, their crazy stats and their views using selective parts of Monk's career/season

lol

I don't agree with the monk outer's, but I think the only proof of the pudding is when we actually play games and manage not to lose 70 odd percent of them. But a few more signings like the ones we have made and we will begin to look like we can go somewhere. 

Edited by Daizan10
  • Like 3

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why do you think that, have you seen him play?

Very little but yeah I’ve seen him play for city a few times in the uefa youth league. Im confident he will be be a regular starter in centre midfield. For a starter you can’t compare him and Hunt, they’re miles apart. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, northeastowl said:

Very little but yeah I’ve seen him play for city a few times in the uefa youth league. Im confident he will be be a regular starter in centre midfield. For a starter you can’t compare him and Hunt, they’re miles apart. 

Thats sounds promising, hopefully he will be playing in the Prem with us next season lol.