Leko the Wanderer

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You’re talking rubbish. So if he does turn round and sign now, what do you think?

The rumour that he wants to stay in Birmingham is a rumour and only that. He might want to join Birmingham because they sold the club better than we did, they’re offering more money, he thinks they have a better chance of promotion, it’s closer to his family and friends. Could be a number of reasons why he chooses them over us. 

I just don’t really get what point you’re trying to make. If he turns us down it doesn’t mean he didn’t have the right attitude to play for us, he just thought the other club was better for him.

My first words were ‘If it's true...’

Seriously, do you understand what that means? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Well when we had Hutchinson playing in the first 23 games (ok 18/19 of them) we were 3rd and organised. Ok that was a inflated position as to how we were playing but like i said there was some organisation.

Then Monks influence took hold, rifts started to set in players stopped playing for him and look what happened. Players were at fault too but the blame has to mostly land with monk should have been gone in Feb.

Boooooring😪😪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So your entire post is pure conjecture. 

And still if he’s already chosen Brum as his destination, that has nothing to do with his attitude. 

Of course! I don't see how it's possible to understand it any other way!?

If (there's that word again - careful) he's already chosen Birmingham and (if) the reason is because it's local then, yes, it says something about his attitude - especially, if his mind was already made up before even talking to us.

But I don't know how close to the truth these ‘reasons’ are. He's moved to Bristol and London on loan before (well I assume he wasn't commuting daily, at least not to London), so who knows.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

Of course! I don't see how it's possible to understand it any other way!?

If (there's that word again - careful) he's already chosen Birmingham and (if) the reason is because it's local then, yes, it says something about his attitude - especially, if his mind was already made up before even talking to us.

But I don't know how close to the truth these ‘reasons’ are. He's moved to Bristol and London on loan before (well I assume he wasn't commuting daily, at least not to London), so who knows.

But again if he has already made his mind up to join Birmingham, the deal collapses and he then decides to join us. What do you think? Not the right attitude and we should turn him down? 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But again if he has already made his mind up to join Birmingham, the deal collapses and he then decides to join us. What do you think? Not the right attitude and we should turn him down? 

What? My whole point pre-supposes the truth that his reasons for choosing Birmingham are that it's local. It's all predicated on that actually being true.

If he doesn't choose Birmingham but opts for us then what do you think it says about the truth of his reasons for choosing Birmingham over us being that it's local - given, yer know, that he wouldn't actually have chosen Birmingham (because he chose us)? Why are you finding this difficult?

11 minutes ago, cowl said:

What? My whole point pre-supposes the truth that his reasons for choosing Birmingham are that it's local. It's all predicated on that actually being true.

If he doesn't choose Birmingham but opts for us then what do you think it says about the truth of his reasons for choosing Birmingham over us being that it's local - given, yer know, that he wouldn't actually have chosen Birmingham (because he chose us)? Why are you finding this difficult?

I’m not finding anything difficult. Your original post was full of conjecture with the belief that if he doesn’t want to leave Birmingham he hasn’t got the right attitude to play for us. Which is just a load of rubbish. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m not finding anything difficult. Your original post was full of conjecture with the belief that if he doesn’t want to leave Birmingham he hasn’t got the right attitude to play for us. Which is just a load of rubbish. 

Why? I take it you've never interviewed people for a job before? It's not about judging their attitude to be good or bad, but it ought to set alarm bells ringing as to the suitability of a candidate if an unwillingness to move remains a big factor. You should strive to find a good match as much for your own sake as employer as theirs (as employee).

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

Why? I take it you've never interviewed people for a job before? It's not about judging their attitude to be good or bad, but it ought to set alarm bells ringing as to the suitability of a candidate if an unwillingness to move remains a big factor. You should strive to find a good match as much for your own sake as employer as theirs (as employee).

Why would someone apply for a job somewhere they were willing to move too? 

However, if you were offered 2 jobs, one required a new life, and one didn't.... 

5 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Why would someone apply for a job somewhere they were willing to move too? 

However, if you were offered 2 jobs, one required a new life, and one didn't.... 

It's Sheffield Wednesday's perspective as employer that primarily concerns us though - even wanting to find a ‘good match’ for the sake of both ourselves and potential employee has selfish (but reasonable) intentions at heart.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cowl said:

What on earth. Why would you apply for a job you’re not willing to travel for anyway.

Besides as if football is the same as normal employment. The lad hasn’t applied to sign for Sheffield Wednesday

lol

Leko staying in Birmingham would make sense as it’s close to home for the Congolese born forward who has had loan spells in London and Bristol. The lad clearly had trouble leaving the end of his street without getting homesick. 

FFS. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Leko staying in Birmingham would make sense as it’s close to home for the Congolese born forward who has had loan spells in London and Bristol. The lad clearly had trouble leaving the end of his street without getting homesick. 

FFS. 

still confident he’s signed? 😬