Leko the Wanderer

I’m with Grandad. You don’t get promoted with 2nd rate strikers. Mr C is going to have to pull out a wedge or do some much cleverer negotiating.

Our success this season depends on us bringing in quality strikers to the club who can regularly score. Or hope that Monk listens to me and gives Iorfa a chance up front.

Iorfa is the new Paul Warhurst, I’m convinced of it.

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

Can't we close the thread now?

I've just read 23 pages of an emotional rollercoaster, will he, won't he, is he good enough, isn't he? 

Then I find out he's not signed.

I wouldn't want anyone else to go through that.

I agree close thread

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m with Grandad. You don’t get promoted with 2nd rate strikers. Mr C is going to have to pull out a wedge or do some much cleverer negotiating.

Our success this season depends on us bringing in quality strikers to the club who can regularly score. Or hope that Monk listens to me and gives Iorfa a chance up front.

Iorfa is the new Paul Warhurst, I’m convinced of it.

Pigs got promoted with second rate strikers like Leon Clarke and McGoldrick so if there is a system in place and a good team spirit in the dressing room it can be done

I personally think we should be looking abroad for strikers as in England they cost a fortune, take Brentford splashing out £10m on a League One player 

There are a lot of gems to be unearthed abroad, I remember when the likes of Mahrez and Benrahma came to England as relative unknowns and now they're worth millions

Guest Grandad

Hes managed an avarage of 12 games a season for 4 years. We don't want more players to keep our physions busy.

Anybody who thinks we've learned lessons from the past - this potential transfer suggested we hadn't/ we can't afford (literally) this kind of massive risk

4 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Pigs got promoted with second rate strikers like Leon Clarke and McGoldrick so if there is a system in place and a good team spirit in the dressing room it can be done

I personally think we should be looking abroad for strikers as in England they cost a fortune, take Brentford splashing out £10m on a League One player 

There are a lot of gems to be unearthed abroad, I remember when the likes of Mahrez and Benrahma came to England as relative unknowns and now they're worth millions

I wonder if Brexit plays into the planning? No freedom of movement in general terms between European countries now, though not sure what the visa / work permit situation is like post Brexit.

Don’t suppose it changes for countries outside the EU but that means anyone we go for has to have “x” amount of international caps I think.

43 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Signed for Birmingham on three year deal.

Cant say I’m surprised. Monk will be disappointed im sure and there will be other strikers on our radar. I know the transfer window shuts in October but we need two strikers minimum in ASAP.

• Like 1

I suppose of we had a bid of £1m accepted then at least we have some money to spend.

Depending on what happens with the accounts could see a situation where we can spend money on players but keep wages lower than those in the past.