Leko the Wanderer

26 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

pity when its more than 1 to 1 it goes t!ts up !!!

Matchday squad talks = 4 wins out of 23.

Press talks = The Balls are Out - as Dom would say.

Aye, all monks fault for poor squad talks (allegedly).

If it's true that Leko prefers Birmingham over us and it's down merely to the fact that he wouldn't have to move house, then unless there's a very particular reason for why he wants to remain in the area, it doesn't strike me as the right kind of attitude to have.

It's a big move for him whomever he chooses and he really ought to treat it as such; if moving house is too much trouble for him, then let him choose Birmingham and good luck to him.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Aye, all monks fault for poor squad talks (allegedly).

Well when we had Hutchinson playing in the first 23 games (ok 18/19 of them) we were 3rd and organised. Ok that was a inflated position as to how we were playing but like i said there was some organisation.

Then Monks influence took hold, rifts started to set in players stopped playing for him and look what happened. Players were at fault too but the blame has to mostly land with monk should have been gone in Feb.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

If it's true that Leko prefers Birmingham over us and it's down merely to the fact that he wouldn't have to move house, then unless there's a very particular reason for why he wants to remain in the area, it doesn't strike me as the right kind of attitude to have.

It's a big move for him whomever he chooses and he really ought to treat it as such; if moving house is too much trouble for him, then let him choose Birmingham and good luck to him.

Let’s not think because he turns us down the lad has a bad attitude. 

In his lifetime Birmingham are probably a bigger club, been in the Premier League and won a major trophy in the last 20 years. 

Take it on the chin if he turns us down, but if he does it’s not because he’s a a bad egg etc.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In his lifetime Birmingham are probably a bigger club, been in the Premier League and won a major trophy in the last 20 years. 

Take it on the chin if he turns us down, but if he does it’s not because he’s a a bad egg etc.

and hope we have some other targets to move on to ASAP, and not rubbish like Da Cruz! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bad egg? Bad attitude? What are you talking about?

It's been said that his preference is for Birmingham because it's local. I don't know whether it's true, but it's what is being said.

All things being equal, why would a player ever choose to move house if they don't have to? But things aren't equal, and our task would be to sell Sheffield Wednesday to him - and yet it sounds that irrespective of us having even got that far that his preference is for Birmingham for reasons that it's local. That doesn't make him a bad egg, nor even say his attitude is ‘bad’, as you put it, but with all the talk now of us having got rid of a certain, and alleged, ‘bad’ element at the club - a view you've endorsed yourself, I recall, then surely it's paramount we bring in players that are motivated by and buy into what we're doing and what we're trying to achieve this season and beyond.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

Bad egg? Bad attitude? What are you talking about?

It's been said that his preference is for Birmingham because it's local. I don't know whether it's true, but it's what is being said.

All things being equal, why would a player ever choose to move house if they don't have to? But things aren't equal, and our task would be to sell Sheffield Wednesday to him - and yet it sounds that irrespective of us having even got that far that his preference is for Birmingham for reasons that it's local. That doesn't make him a bad egg, nor even say his attitude is ‘bad’, as you put it, but with all the talk now of us having got rid of a certain, and alleged, ‘bad’ element at the club - a view you've endorsed yourself, I recall, then surely it's paramount we bring in players that are motivated by and buy into what we're doing and what we're trying to achieve this season and beyond.

You’re talking rubbish. So if he does turn round and sign now, what do you think?

The rumour that he wants to stay in Birmingham is a rumour and only that. He might want to join Birmingham because they sold the club better than we did, they’re offering more money, he thinks they have a better chance of promotion, it’s closer to his family and friends. Could be a number of reasons why he chooses them over us. 

I just don’t really get what point you’re trying to make. If he turns us down it doesn’t mean he didn’t have the right attitude to play for us, he just thought the other club was better for him.

• Like 1

Hope we can still get Leko and/or Murphy or someone similar. That's the type of dynamic player we need but just importantly we need strikers and a defensive midfield beast. The players we have brought in look promising and some of the linked players sound like we're looking at being more solid, athletic and dynamic as a team. Hopefully our remaining signings will be as astute as those we have already brought in during this window. It's not the end of the world if we do miss out on some ideal targets, as long as we have other options of similar quality and attributes to go for. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I wonder how much the -12 does matter to some potential signings. Will it put some players off? 

I think what's in a players wage packet would soften the blow of - 12 

• Like 1