Leko the Wanderer

He’s a good player and great value at £1m, but wouldn’t be overly concerned we don’t get him 

Hopefully it makes us change tracks and go after a more central striker

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

What on earth. Why would you apply for a job you’re not willing to travel for anyway.

Besides as if football is the same as normal employment. The lad hasn’t applied to sign for Sheffield Wednesday

lol

That really isn't relevant though is it. You still need to have a sense of a player actually wanting to play for your club, and you seem to be under the impression that if a player is unwilling to move house to play for your club that surmising this isn't a good match is somehow unreasonable.

Furthermore, the reasons that have been put forward for his wanting to go to Birmingham are that it's local. Everything I've said is taking that to be true. If it's not true then nothing I've said is relevant here. It doesn't even sound all that plausible to me anyway given the that he's already gone on loan to Bristol and London, but it's the reason that has been put forward nevertheless.

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Signed for Brum. ITK innit. 

Not Yet

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Leko staying in Birmingham would make sense as it’s close to home for the Congolese born forward who has had loan spells in London and Bristol. The lad clearly had trouble leaving the end of his street without getting homesick. 

FFS. 

Its Mr  ITK nailed on signing. Just hush

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Brum just signed Jon toral, so maybe we have a chance if they see leko as a winger, toral would be instead of? 

Toral isn't a winger or striker. He's a no.10 

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

rumours down your way that he will sign for Brum ahead of us? 

Vulva knows more than I. lol kidding aside I don't know and claiming otherwise would be unfair on you and make me look a t*t

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I wonder how much the -12 does matter to some potential signings. Will it put some players off? Is the only way to persuade certain players to sign by offering them more money than rivals. 

It has to have an impact. We are joint 2nd favourites to get relegated.

Money aside ending up in league 1 isn't going to do a potential signees career any good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Toral isn't a winger or striker. He's a no.10 

Poor signing that,  24 games in 3years at Hull I think I read somewhere ,  can play a bit if he’s fit but think he rarely ever is 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 24/08/2020 at 21:34, IWEDFM said:

Perhaps, Dunkley chose us over other clubs so there is hope

Whew here is KevOwl when you need him. Wait a minute...

People's memories are very short. Like they've forgotten our injury record..

if we bring this guy in we'll have bough in 4 new guys.. one who's never played and 3 who missed half the previous season thru serious injury.

And folk are like "reyt good signing".. jeez

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

People's memories are very short. Like they've forgotten our injury record..

if we bring this guy in we'll have bough in 4 new guys.. one who's never played and 3 who missed half the previous season thru serious injury.

And folk are like "reyt good signing".. jeez

Agreed. There's definitely an argument to look at players that have lets say played 100 games in the last 3 seasons. Durable and reliable should be two buzz words in the recruitment team at present! 

2 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Agreed. There's definitely an argument to look at players that have lets say played 100 games in the last 3 seasons. Durable and reliable should be two buzz words in the recruitment team at present! 

is "hungry" so yesterday ?

• Haha 1