Twitter - Odubajo

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't have an issue with anyone expressing an opinion, criticising a player or judging if they're good enough

There's nothing wrong with that really

But where it crosses the line is being downright abusive - that's another level

BUT

Where it REALLY goes beyond any level of acceptability is when they tag the player/coach in the tweet to guarantee they'll be unable to avoid seeing it. That's the really lowest of the low and the equivalent of writing it down on a piece of paper, getting in your car, knocking on the players door, waiting for them to answer then reading it out loud to them, and then leaving them the paper with the abuse on it..

Couldn’t agree more, people do have the freedom to criticise and express disappointment. It is the fact that people use it to make sure that they are tagged in the post, make it personal and remind them how they are not performing. Literally like someone shouting in your face at work saying how poor you are doing.

• Like 1

Just now, SwellOwl said:

Couldn’t agree more, people do have the freedom to criticise and express disappointment. It is the fact that people use it to make sure that they are tagged in the post, make it personal and remind them how they are not performing. Literally like someone shouting in your face at work saying how poor you are doing.

Exactly 

And if the tables were turned... 

Owlstalk Shop

About time. 

I’d be a rubbish pro, I wouldn’t be able to bite my tongue as long as these players have. 

Might force a few of the people that @ players to rethink what they’re doing on social media. Good on him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Don't go on Twitter, you don't get abused.

Why do you choose to blame the person being abused, what a strange take, and even stranger so many agree.

Everyone talking about how poor the team has been, that is completely irrelevant, this is someone abusing a player for wishing a former club well, how fragile does someone have to be to blow their top about that, and I'm not sure why you'd blame Odubajo for that happening.

If after every time you posted on here I replied and abused you and you got annoyed should we just say, "Don't go on Owlstalk, don't get abused" to you, or should we blame the person giving the abuse? 

Edited by Guest

If some random bloke goes out of his way to call you a wánk c-unit, then you're perfectly within your rights to reply to them. Response is quite reserved to be honest. So can't see how anyone can have a go at Moses for that.

Logic isn't the fans strong point either. He doesn't like a player looking out for former club's results, and as a result threatens to flounce off and watch some other club... 🤔

9 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

I'm not having it . You dont go 3rd up until Christmas then absolutely free fall there after the players and manager are at fault for this. They deserve some stick for that. 

Harris looked a reyt player first few games and just disappeared 

If they are not happy get another club we need players that have bags of confidence.

lost them when the love for money got more powerful than playing for the love of the game 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

If I was performing poorly in my job - I’d rightly deserve criticism - our players have a weak mentality ingrained in them 

Would you deserve to be called a ‘w*nk c*nt’ and to ‘f*ck off back to’ your previous employer though?

Surely it's the tone of the abuse that Odubajo is reacting to. After all, he was merely commiserating with some former colleagues.

Don't think Twitter is the place for players, always attracts morons who say unacceptable things, not representative of most fair minded fans, in relative anonymity.

Fair response from Odubajo. Fine to critique performances after the event, but counterproductive to use as a stick to beat players with constantly, does nothing for confidence and ultimately hampers the team.

37 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Don’t agree with abusing players but at the same time I also don’t agree with giving them the time and energy to reply - it’s their oxygen.

Either Moses has been poorly media trained or he has poor discipline.

Nope

The ONLY person at fault here is the person who threw the abuse directly at a player on their own personal social media account

Nobody else

To suggest anything else is at fault here is to condone the actions of the abusive fan and to attempt to excuse it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

The ONLY person at fault here is the person who threw the abuse directly at a player on their own personal social media account

Nobody else

To suggest anything else is at fault here is to condone the actions of the abusive fan and to attempt to excuse it

I don’t see it in such a binary way. 

Moses isn’t at fault, but he should recognize that responding has the potential to draw more of it towards him.

Exactly the same way that people who reply to people like Katie Hopkins to tell her how horrible she’s being actually perpetuate her hate.

Don’t reply. It’s the best way.

Even this thread will probably have the troll jacking off in his room over his notoriety (and yes, I realize I’m culpable by commenting about it too)

Cut the oxygen (like, views, comments).

There are plenty more constructive yet critical fans players could rationally interact with

Edited by McRightSide

Just now, McRightSide said:

I don’t see it in such a binary way. 

Moses isn’t a fault, but he should recognize that responding has the potential to draw more of it towards him.

1) I'm sure he 100% DOES recognise that

2) That doesn't change the fact that those tweeting direct abuse to players are the ones and ONLY ones at fault here

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) I'm sure he 100% DOES recognise that

2) That doesn't change the fact that those tweeting direct abuse to players are the ones and ONLY ones at fault here

I tried to separate the two.

Clearly wrong what the guy did, Moses shouldn’t have to reply.

But his response indicated he was blaming a whole fanbase for a tweet from one idiot. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steveraper said:

Can someone tell me, where does this hate, bile, anger come from? And please don't tell me it's passion, I'm passionate without this poo. I don't care how many games this bloke goes to and how much money he spends, I think my club is better off without him.

An earlier poster called it spot on. Working class lads are completely lost and need something to direct their anger at. You see it all the time on Twitter. Pure hatred and bile spouted by people behind a screen which is just completely unnecessary. This lad isn’t an exception.

• Like 1