Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

Neither player would get near the starting 11 of any of the playoff teams or in the match day squad of the promoted teams. They are mid table/lower mid table players with no resale value whatsoever so resigning them shows exactly where we are as a club.

6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Neither player would get near the starting 11 of any of the playoff teams or in the match day squad of the promoted teams. They are mid table/lower mid table players with no resale value whatsoever so resigning them shows exactly where we are as a club.

Don't forget that were paying PL prices to keep our PL players at the club - oh wait...

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Don't forget that were paying PL prices to keep our PL players at the club - oh wait...

PL prices but we haven’t had any PL players at the club since the turn of the century apart from Fletcher.

3 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

SWFC is the hotel California..you can check in but you can never leave

It's check-out not in.

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax", said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

PL prices but we haven’t had any PL players at the club since the turn of the century apart from Fletcher.

Indeed - perhaps our leader thinks these two players fall into the category of 'key senior players'?

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

As I’ve said before with Lee, I’m guessing he would be a good influence and provide valuable experience in what will hopefully be a younger dressing room next season.  If he has any ambitions to move into coaching I would look to keep him at the club, providing salary reflected fact that he was unlikely to be a regular starter.

With regard to Atdhe, I’ve never been a fan, but have found myself warming to him since he chose to extend his contract to the end of the season.  On the basis that we're building a team for survival next season, I can see a case for re-signing on sensible terms for another 12 months.  HMS PTL will just have to wait.

• Like 1

Wait a minute

Been told for the last 7 years that nuhiu would be full of offers from championship clubs but yet the only offer on the table is from the club that released him 

Seems the know it alls are wrong again 

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

Wait a minute

Been told for the last 7 years that nuhiu would be full of offers from championship clubs but yet the only offer on the table is from the club that released him 

OR

He's always wanted to stay here (true) and It's always been known he's staying if we didn't get relegated by the EFL hearing and now we haven't been he's continuing with us.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

OR

He's always wanted to stay here (true) and It's always been known he's staying if we didn't get relegated by the EFL hearing and now we haven't been he's continuing with us.

Maybe 

But like I say there's one offer on the table and it's from the club that released him.

So the 'other championship clubs would love to have him' is a load of BS 

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Wait a minute

I haven't heard he's had any offers from other clubs........................but..........................I haven't heard he hasn't.

• Like 1

Just now, Hookowl said:

I haven't heard he's had any offers from other clubs........................but..........................I haven't heard he hasn't.

Exactly 

We (And I include @Sticky Micky in that) don't know at all

So to make stuff up and post it as fact on here to try and win a debate is poor form in my opinion

Fair enough if people don't like him as a footballer but to make up stuff is just pants

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Exactly 

We (And I include @Sticky Micky in that) don't know at all

So to make stuff up and post it as fact on here to try and win a debate is poor form in my opinion

Fair enough if people don't like him as a footballer but to make up stuff is just pants

Hahahaa

How rich 

Your the main guy whose been sprouting for years that championship clubs would snap Dave up 

Show me the offers? 

Surely if he was as brilliant as you describe he would have endless offers 

The only fact here is he has one offer and that is the club that released him 

I'm sure the guy who sent the tweet would know if Dave had other options 

I'll happily hold my hands up if another club come in for him but as of now there is one club only 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Hahahaa

How rich 

Your the main guy whose been sprouting for years that championship clubs would snap Dave up 

Show me the offers? 

Surely if he was as brilliant as you describe he would have endless offers 

The only fact here is he has one offer and that is the club that released him 

I'm sure the guy who sent the tweet would know if Dave had other options 

I'll happily hold my hands up if another club come in for him but as of now there is one club only 

Think you're really struggling with this one mate

You're probably best sitting this thread out...

lol

Owlstalk Shop