Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

Thanks but no thanks, How can we ever improve if we keep looking backwards. We need fresh blood not aged players not up to the job. Lee is a decent player but a crock, Nuhiu has proven he’s just a wardrobe and performs 1 in every 7 games. 

Sentiment doesn’t win games. A fresh start requires them both to be shown the door if we are to push on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Really dont understand such comments...would you like him to be running at a tired Wednesday defence at 80 minutes plus,for another Championship side? with us starting -12?...no thanks,We might need those 6 points...On his money,with only 1 recognized striker,it would be good business for us.I still think if he doesnt stay,he will go abroad,but if not,i would be happy for him to stay.

Sorry, just got to pull you up there 'Running' - when??????? I would love Nuhiu to line up against us TBH - I really think he is that crap!!! 

But if sentiment is your thing we could just plant a tree in the 6 yard box at one end.

My opinion is he's Shi te - others have theirs - I'm sure people wont like it. 

Be interesting to see where he goes or what offers he's had after us - I'm sure there will be lots of clubs (that we cannot pronounce or spell) just chomping at the bit to sign him up!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

What an international striker coaching young championship strikers?

Seriously the skillsets required for playing and coaching are far from identical. 

I know but the general consensus on this site as well as the larger fanbase is we need new blood. Nuhiu and Lee are yesterday's news and need to be moved on plain and simple. They have served the club well but their time is up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, runningaround said:

Can’t understand this post. He’s a good player for what he brings which is closing out teams and bringing others into play 

Do you know which one he is?

Hes the one that looks knackered after a 10 minute stint, where he hasn't moved much, in that time he has given away multiple free kicks, and he's actually jumped lower than when he is just standing straight.

Lets wait and see where he ends up if we get rid, I'm sure there will be multiple clubs after his signature.

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

Do you know which one he is?

Hes the one that looks knackered after a 10 minute stint, where he hasn't moved much, in that time he has given away multiple free kicks, and he's actually jumped lower than when he is just standing straight.

Lets wait and see where he ends up if we get rid, I'm sure there will be multiple clubs after his signature.

Sorry, that cracked me up lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I just think it is time for both to go they have been good servants but with limit money to try and rebuild the team, for me Lee is going to be on £10-15k a week and Nuihu probably at least £10k a week for that we could get in 3 or 4 younger hungry players that are going to be able to play 40+ games not 20 games.

I think 'young and hungry' needs to be blended with a bit of experience, though. Compared to Fletch, those sort of wages seem reasonable for proven Championship players.

Just now, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Respect the opposing view. I believe though that they would be useful retentions for reasons already mentioned in this thread. Even If they do stay there'll still be huge changes and likely many younger players with us next season. I think we'll need what these two bring........ all subject to appropriate contracts admittedly.

I respect the opposing view but all the vast majority of those wanting them to stay will be saying that Bullen should go as he has been complicit in the failure of the last few seasons. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid. 

A new start is just that get them gone and get someone in who is hungry and driven not just when he needs to play for a new contract

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I respect the opposing view but all the vast majority of those wanting them to stay will be saying that Bullen should go as he has been complicit in the failure of the last few seasons. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid. 

I'd be ok with Lee and Nuhiu staying as squad players but I have to say I agree with this point

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I don't have strong views on Bullen. I could we'll see the logic though in Monk appointing his own full complement of support coaches which may, or may not, include Bullen.

Back on topic I see clear value in retaining Lee and Nuhiu subject to reasonable contract terms.

We will agree to disagree on the 2 players.