Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

10 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Do you know which one he is?

Hes the one that looks knackered after a 10 minute stint, where he hasn't moved much, in that time he has given away multiple free kicks, and he's actually jumped lower than when he is just standing straight.

Lets wait and see where he ends up if we get rid, I'm sure there will be multiple clubs after his signature.

I do and he’s been kept on by 5 managers now to do that job. Must be a reason why. Course I agree not the man to fire us to promotion. A different argument 

Bizarre that everyone saying we need a clear out, get rid of the dead wood etc are now saying we should re sign these two.

K. Lee was a great player a few years ago,  but unfortunately injuries have taken their toll.

AN has been one of the biggest lumps of deadwood hanging around the club for 7 years.  When he starts games we rarely win.

Time to move on, we can't afford to waste a million pounds a year in wages (if both on 10K a week) on a player who is going to be out injured half the season and one who is only good for the last 10-15 mins of a game occasionally. 

I suspect the only reason they would want to sign a new one year deal with us is because they can't find another club.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, runningaround said:

I do and he’s been kept on by 5 managers now to do that job. Must be a reason why. Course I agree not the man to fire us to promotion. A different argument 

Geez, what are your ambitions for the club, and why have him then?

I dont think I've ever thought 'I hope we sign him, he will keep us stagnant'.

Would you say the 5 managers that kept him on were successful?

I'm not sure that is the best way to defend him.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He doesn't really start games

I know but the reason for that is that he's simply not good enough..

The last 2 seasons I think he's started 28 games of which we won 6 of and one of those he was replaced at half time when we were losing.

38 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Sorry, just got to pull you up there 'Running' - when??????? I would love Nuhiu to line up against us TBH - I really think he is that crap!!! 

But if sentiment is your thing we could just plant a tree in the 6 yard box at one end.

My opinion is he's Shi te - others have theirs - I'm sure people wont like it. 

Be interesting to see where he goes or what offers he's had after us - I'm sure there will be lots of clubs (that we cannot pronounce or spell) just chomping at the bit to sign him up!!!

You can put as many exclamation/question marks,in your post as you like...Doesn't make you right...There's no half measure with Big Dave,people like you will never be convinced,so i wont embark on long monologues to try.

Even with Dave's(mainly) limited game time,he still has 10 Goals,& 3 'assist' in season 2019/20 (not too bad for a 'tree' eh?) &  many of which scored after 90. That's what we use him as,an impact player,to keep a lead,or try to nick a draw/win,in the last 10,or 15 minutes of a game.Dave's impact on games by his presence,makes defenders make mistakes,do fouls,and creates space for others to capitalize,just by being on the pitch.https://www.fctables.com/players/atdhe_nuhiu-211158/

Were we to have had more effective strike partners,attacking wing backs/midfielders we may have seen more goals(whats Reach done recently,as a comparison?He doesn't get slammed though does he?)

Compare that JR....(6)..goals....Yet no mention of him from you.....Presumably you will look forward to Jordan heading up Wednesdays attack,this coming season....?  https://www.fctables.com/players/jordan_rhodes-259948/

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I respect the opposing view but all the vast majority of those wanting them to stay will be saying that Bullen should go as he has been complicit in the failure of the last few seasons. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid. 

A new start is just that get them gone and get someone in who is hungry and driven not just when he needs to play for a new contract

Cant get everyone gone at once mate,its a rebuilding job,needs a mixture to start with,replacing all would place a massive burden on the ones coming in,with a short pre season,& little time to gell,and settle with each other.

-12 is a daunting task for players to deal with,& i personally would want to try to keep as many 'clean sheets' & force opponents to work really hard for any goal scoring chances,and goals.

That may mean we see a very defensive minded Wednesday,9at least in the first half of the season) with maybe counter attacking(if we have the players) to a nick a 1 nil 1-1  etc..in many match's   With that scenario,Big Dave would serve a useful purpose with his 10 goals,and 3 assists,as this season.

Ditto with Lee,a steady influence IF his fitness stabilizes & he remains injury free.I can see Monks thinking if that's his plan.If it goes to plan,Wednesday can still push for a late run at the Play offs,depending on other Teams form.(though obviously avoiding relegation alone is a more realistic objective)

49 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Do you know which one he is?

Hes the one that looks knackered after a 10 minute stint, where he hasn't moved much, in that time he has given away multiple free kicks, and he's actually jumped lower than when he is just standing straight.

Lets wait and see where he ends up if we get rid, I'm sure there will be multiple clubs after his signature.

In between scoring 10 goals & 3 assists...

Nuhiu is a proper wildcard player. Bringing him on in the last 10 minutes when players are knackered and they have no idea how to handle him.

Always remember his solo dribble from the sideline and scoring. I’d keep him for this season to see us through.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, parajack said:

You can put as many exclamation/question marks,in your post as you like...Doesn't make you right...There's no half measure with Big Dave,people like you will never be convinced,so i wont embark on long monologues to try.

Even with Daves(mainly) limited game time,he still has 10 Goals,& 3 'assist' (not too bad for a 'tree' eh?) & a many of which scored after 90. Thats what we use him as,an impact player,to keep a lead,or try to nick a draw/win,in the last 10,or 15 minutes of a game.Dave's impact on games by his presence,makes defenders make mistakes,do fouls,and creates space for others to capitalize,just by being on the pitch.https://www.fctables.com/players/atdhe_nuhiu-211158/

Were we to have had more effective strike partners,attacking wing backs/midfielders we may have seen more goals(whats Reach done recently,as a comparison?He doesnt get slammed though does he?)

Compare that JR....(6)..goals....Yet no mention of him from you.....Presumably you will look forward to Jordan heading up Wednesdays attack,this coming season....?  https://www.fctables.com/players/jordan_rhodes-259948/

Good afternoon Mrs Nuhiu,

I did say people wont like my opinion in my original post, which I'm sensing you didn't.

Thank you for bringing up the failings of other players that have 'absolutely nothing to do with this thread' and careering off on some mindless rant. I fully understand that exclamation/question marks are never a reason to make someone right, apologies for my overly exuberant use of them. I also, understand that nobody wants to see Jordan Rhodes leading the line of attack next season, but he is contracted to the club and therefore harder to move on. But, bringing your husband back to the club Mrs Nuhiu, would then take up another squad place with another poor player - two wrongs never make a right. It is my honest hope that you and your husband make a new life in Belgium or wherever it was reported that you were to settle. 

So last season we ended in mid table and if we hit the same points total again next season we will be relegated.

And you want to bring back players that are a year older and were crap last season?

We have got used to self harming so I guess I understand how some Owls fans feel.

Watch tonights play off final and tell me which one of our players would get in either of those two teams...because that is the standard we need to be at next season.

(answer is none btw)

• Like 3

There may be a sway from player power going into this season.    All of a sudden players wary they have to take a drop in wages to secure a contract.

I'd expect both may have tested the water elsewhere and curbed expectations, but likewise the club and Monk in particular probably understands there is going to be a task and a half to have a squad ready for the season too.

It could well be a compromise on both sides if this happens, because i'm pretty sure the decision for these players to move on was mutual.

• Like 1