Forestieri, Fletcher and Fox

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Decent watch that video.

Knowing what we know now, if you were Fletcher, Fox, Winnall etc would you want to be on board this sinking ship right now?

Its hardly the player’s fault that the club allowed them to run down their contracts and walk away for nothing.

Fletcher, Fox, Winnall, Hutchinson & Forestieri will all get themselves another Championship club for next season IMO.

Not on the money they allegedly were on here they wont...

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

But not on the wages we paid them!

19 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not on the money they allegedly were on here they wont...

Is there an echo in here?

I haven’t mentioned wages.  I’m not sure why it matters to us fans what they’re earning.

I predict those 5 players will get offers from Championship clubs this summer.  Probably Nuhiu too.  Just sayin’.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I haven’t mentioned wages.  I’m not sure why it matters to us fans what they’re earning.

I predict those 5 players will get offers from Championship clubs this summer.  Probably Nuhiu too.  Just sayin’.

14 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Thats rocknroll..'innit'? ha ha..we are in FFP trouble,partly as a consequence of said 'wages'.But to answer your Q..Time will tell if these players are sought after,Foresteri & Big Dave i expect to move abroad for their football.

Fletcher not wanted by Aberdeen,a Club he has recently been linked with,depends on his wage/contract lenth demands,& if he can pass a  medical,at a new Club.WE shall see...

Fox,may have some offers,a few were linked to him,pre Covid 19,i believe? Winnal,not the same player since his injury at Derby,may get a Barnsley offer out of sentimentality,without that i think he may drop a division.,(Rotherham maybe fancy him? if he is cheap on his wage/contract wants?Thats why i raised it.. might see him in the Championship after all? )

Hutchinson,may have some London contacts to call on,but to me frankly he looks like a player approaching the end of his playing career.He may be better off looking(or maybe training) for his coaching badges ,if he fancys it.

Only my opinion,good luck to all,who have worn a Wednesday shirt,at their next Clubs,or ventures..

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Fletcher, Forestieri along with previously released Abdi, Boyd, Jones and Hooper will massively help with the wage bill. Barring Fletcher that group were poor value for their expense.

In the end the trio who wouldn't extend temporarily actually saved us a little bit of money too without impacting on our survival in the championship.

Except for Fox and Hutch it's likely that none of them will ever again come close to what they earned with us.

Good bye.

Hooper wasn't poor value overall, and FF we managed poorly. If we'd had the first 18 months and sold when we got that stupid offer we'd have done unbelievable off him. Instead we rewarded petulance with a big new long contract

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Cos us fans then have our team start on - 12 if we breach FFP? 

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Hooper wasn't poor value overall, and FF we managed poorly. If we'd had the first 18 months and sold when we got that stupid offer we'd have done unbelievable off him. Instead we rewarded petulance with a big new long contract

We got a good hooper for 50% of the time we wer payin him..if my car broke down every other time I drove it I Wundt call it good value..and if my car wer textin me from the golf course whilst it wer in the garage I mite think it wer takin the ********

With the current financial insecurity a lot of teams will be running with much smaller squads next season, so there will be a few free agents either dropping down a league or getting a significant wage reduction (or both); this is the worst time to be out of contract..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

We got a good hooper for 50% of the time we wer payin him..if my car broke down every other time I drove it I Wundt call it good value..and if my car wer textin me from the golf course whilst it wer in the garage I mite think it wer takin the ********

If you get a player of the class of hooper for what we paid, and get his goal returns we got for the years he was hex he was good value. Injuries stopped him being among the best forwardin the league, but he still gave us value 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

If you get a player of the class of hooper for what we paid, and get his goal returns we got for the years he was hex he was good value. Injuries stopped him being among the best forwardin the league, but he still gave us value 

‘For what we paid’..you think he wer cheap?? There’s no doubt in he wer quality..but value for money..you are avin a laugh

If they extended for a month and got injured it would have stopped them getting a deal they have probably lined up elsewhere.

Can see why fans wouldn't like it but can see why they have done it.

Anyone expecting FF to be loyal to anyone else apart from his bank balance and his own ego is urinating in the wind.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Hooper was without doubt a very good player and I do think if he played in our 2017 play off games we would have been promoted. He was injured a lot though and for how some people rave about him on here after he left, he went onto play in Australia.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Hooper was without doubt a very good player and I do think if he played in our 2017 play off games we would have been promoted. He was injured a lot though and for how some people rave about him on here after he left, he went onto play in Australia.

Correctamondo..very few of our ex players move onto bigger and better things

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

‘For what we paid’..you think he wer cheap?? There’s no doubt in he wer quality..but value for money..you are avin a laugh

Look what they have been paying for forwards since.  In the scheme of things he was better than Madine who went for £6m and never scored for Cardiff. ( ok I know that one is a bit long in the tooth now but there have been others)

9 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Hooper was an excellent player when I saw him. But didnt have best injury record when we brought him so was a gamble that failed (again).