Forestieri, Fletcher and Fox

5 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Disagree. 

He was an important player in the best 2 seasons we've had in the past 20 years.

Yes his injury record was bad and his last 12 months he wasn't value for money, but he was the best striker in that team

We've had far less value from players over the years then Gary hooper 

Absolutely. And I don't know where JO'C got his figures from but he is definitely understating how many goals Hooper scored for us

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

In the very well paid four years he was here he spent a substantial part of it playing Fortnite on the treatment table. This includes nearly a year out under Jos and this season missing most of the period from early Dec.  He is clearly the key part of the team this season, and our season collapses without him in the team. We slide further and further down the table, and he comes back fit and refuses to extend, despite the lack of other options we had .

The disgraced steven fletcher is a disgrace. He has taken and taken from this club, been hopeless or crocked for a lot of his career here,  and left us high and dry in June when he could have dug in for one more month. 

I was annoyed that some players after the lockdown didn't want to play the extra month.
But footballers are always a bit selfish in things like this.
I dont think I would clap Steven Fletcher if he plays against us but think calling his a disgrace is a bit harsh.

28 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Disagree. 

He was an important player in the best 2 seasons we've had in the past 20 years.

Yes his injury record was bad and his last 12 months he wasn't value for money, but he was the best striker in that team

We've had far less value from players over the years then Gary hooper 

That may be true . But Hooper was only capable of looking very good occasionally and mainly  with his link up play. I recall him having a very good match home to Cardiff where he nearly got a hat trick but generally he offered occasional reminders of past ability and a silky style

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I was annoyed that some players after the lockdown didn't want to play the extra month.
But footballers are always a bit selfish in things like this.
I dont think I would clap Steven Fletcher if he plays against us but think calling his a disgrace is a bit harsh.

I will refuse to watch any match where the disgraced Steven fletcher is taking part.

He just had to give us one more month. 

19 hours ago, parajack said:

Thats rocknroll..'innit'? ha ha..we are in FFP trouble,partly as a consequence of said 'wages'.But to answer your Q..Time will tell if these players are sought after,Foresteri & Big Dave i expect to move abroad for their football.

Fletcher not wanted by Aberdeen,a Club he has recently been linked with,depends on his wage/contract lenth demands,& if he can pass a  medical,at a new Club.WE shall see...

Fox,may have some offers,a few were linked to him,pre Covid 19,i believe? Winnal,not the same player since his injury at Derby,may get a Barnsley offer out of sentimentality,without that i think he may drop a division.,(Rotherham maybe fancy him? if he is cheap on his wage/contract wants?Thats why i raised it.. might see him in the Championship after all? )

Hutchinson,may have some London contacts to call on,but to me frankly he looks like a player approaching the end of his playing career.He may be better off looking(or maybe training) for his coaching badges ,if he fancys it.

Only my opinion,good luck to all,who have worn a Wednesday shirt,at their next Clubs,or ventures..

Hutchinson will get plenty of offers far from past it.(check our results when he was in the team and then post fallout) . FF and Fletcher may have to significantly lower wage demands to get fixed up, while Fox more than likely will be hunting a pay rise as he left with his reputation at its highest and allegedly a host of clubs interested. 

43 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He did what he thought was right for him and his family - a bit like you or I would do. 

Nope. i would have played until the end of the season. don’t make excuses for the disgraced Steven fletcher.  What was he doing when we were plunging down the league in July ? He wasn’t playing football anywhere else . Did he enjoy watching us get beat when he was sat on his sofa ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Nope. i would have played until the end of the season. don’t make excuses for the disgraced Steven fletcher.  What was he doing when we were plunging down the league in July ? He wasn’t playing football anywhere else . Did he enjoy watching us get beat when he was sat on his sofa ?

You are just a WUM plain and simple as no-one can be that thick

Edited to add that it is Owlstalk after all so anything is possible

Edited by soldierboyblue
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We stuck by Forestieri when he was banned for 6 weeks for racially abusing an opponent, this was after he refused to play for us.

We paid Steven Fletcher a fortune in wages to spend a lot of time out injured.

All 3 of these players were paid (to my knowledge) in full for not working when football was suspended due to the COVID19 outbreak.

In return the club asked for another 4 weeks to see us through to the end of the season and they couldn’t get out of the door quick enough.

F**k em.

I can't argue with that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hutchinson will get plenty of offers far from past it.(check our results when he was in the team and then post fallout) . FF and Fletcher may have to significantly lower wage demands to get fixed up, while Fox more than likely will be hunting a pay rise as he left with his reputation at its highest and allegedly a host of clubs interested. 

If he is well connected(he may be) OR his agent is,you might be right,alternatively he may be sought after.Personally i have stated my view....time will tell which of us is proven right... 

On 02/08/2020 at 19:23, Emerson Thome said:

Why do people go to the trouble of posting these videos? Fletcher was injured. What would be the point in him signing a contract extension? £100k to do rehab for a month?

Same reason you saw so many wanting Hooper to be given another contract. 

Given the abuse Fox received for a lot of his time here I certainly wasn't surprised to see him on his way.

I'm sure after the season he's had he'll be able to secure himself a top half championship club. Anyone putting themselves in Morgan Fox's position with no emotional tie to Wednesday would've done exactly the same. 

• Like 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

The club propaganda on here is getting Goebbels esque

My eyes tell me that Nando, Fletch, Hutch, Westy etc are 10x the players that Ginger Jos is assembling and players I didn’t mind paying my exorbitant season ticket money for

Not the players fault the club offered them ridiculous contracts and wages and they duly accepted them and no amount of this softening up and pathetic tales of them being ‘disloyal’ and ‘bad eggs’ will change that

Pathetic