Forestieri, Fletcher and Fox

13 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

The club propaganda on here is getting Goebbels esque

My eyes tell me that Nando, Fletch, Hutch, Westy etc are 10x the players that Ginger Jos is assembling and players I didn’t mind paying my exorbitant season ticket money for

Not the players fault the club offered them ridiculous contracts and wages and they duly accepted them and no amount of this softening up and pathetic tales of them being ‘disloyal’ and ‘bad eggs’ will change that

Pathetic 

tenor.gif?itemid=9255321

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hutchinson... check our results when he was in the team and then post fallout

We're not seriously still buying into this simplistic nonsense that our post-Christmas collapse was no more complicated than one or two players being removed from the team are we (especially when a closer examination of the actual results does not demonstrate the neat, clean break implied here).

7 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

The club propaganda on here is getting Goebbels esque

My eyes tell me that Nando, Fletch, Hutch, Westy etc are 10x the players that Ginger Jos is assembling and players I didn’t mind paying my exorbitant season ticket money for

Not the players fault the club offered them ridiculous contracts and wages and they duly accepted them and no amount of this softening up and pathetic tales of them being ‘disloyal’ and ‘bad eggs’ will change that

Pathetic 

No.  They can fizz off.  Thanks for the memories.

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

We're not seriously still buying into this simplistic nonsense that our post-Christmas collapse was no more complicated than one or two players being removed from the team are we (especially when a closer examination of the actual results does not demonstrate the neat, clean break implied here).

It was one player - Fletcher.

And yes even a microscopic examination of the results bear that out. 

Im not saying there weren’t other underlying issues. I’m no fan of Monk. But losing Fletcher turned our season upside down. 3rd form to distant bottom form. 

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Who knows what caused the split , I don't claim too. What I do know that replacing Hutchinson with Joey or a couple of U23 players did not work. We were steam rollered in a number of games with a total lack of bite in midfield. After the lockdown missing Fletcher and Fox also had an impact.(FF and Winnall not really missed as not involved most of season ). People on here still pedalling the Hutchinson injury prone myth (basically fit last 2 seasons). The problems at this club are deep lying but not helped by a manager who (like Jos before him) puts his own ego first. If you don't use the best assets at your disposal don't expect to achieve the best results. Says much to me about Monk that when he put up the rallying cry that we must win the last game at all costs (against a very poor Boro side) we failed to even get a point. 

Fletcher has earned a move and he contributed well in his time at the club. Obviously I’d have liked him to stay but he leaves with my blessing.

Forestieri however has been one of the biggest wastes of money the club has ever spent. Huge amounts of ability but not enough return for the outlay. He should have been booted out and sold straight after his antics where he refused to play. 

As for Fox he will never play for a club as big as Wednesday again his career. Another disappointing signing bar the last part of his spell at the club. An average full back who will be forgotten in no time.