Athde

Guest mrbluesky
12 hours ago, DidOwl said:

I’ve heard enough bs about this man. On tonight as a sub, and again three or four (at least) unnecessary fouls. He has no pace and no place in a team that aspires to get to the premiership. He is nice, but you could say that about half the folk that post on this site.

Steady.

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

After 7 years, it still bemuses me that so many have failed to master the spelling of a word which has only 5 letters in it. A-T-D-H-E.

Not one for being pedantic, but it`s a name, not a word. 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

name

/neɪm/

noun

a word or set of words by which a person or thing is known, addressed, or referred to.

"my word is John Parsons"

:biggrin:

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If ever a post showed a total and complete lack of understanding of previous history of players, substitutions, performances and changing games it's this one 
Two sentences of getting it totally wrong

lol

it was more a point of we spunked a crazy amount of money on a “goal scorer” but the manager doesn’t even bring him on when we need a goal. One of a few big money transfer dealings that hasn’t worked and is a big reason why we are in such a mess. Nice dig though. 

15 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Needed to score tonight and Monk brings Nuhiu on and leaves Rhodes on the bench. Crazy that we have a 6 million plus player that Monk doesn’t even bring on when we need a goal. Unfortunately shows what Monk thinks of Rhodes. Shame. 

He probably thinks the same as Carlos, Jos, Bullen and Bruce so he's in good company.

Nuhiu is not worst player Wednesday have ever had, cant fault his effort and rapport with the crowd.
I would give him a clap if we were allowed into last game of the season but time to move him on.
I don't want any talk of him being a 'Great Servant' or 'Good for the dressing room'

These are just clichéd nonsense.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DidOwl said:

I’ve heard enough bs about this man. On tonight as a sub, and again three or four (at least) unnecessary fouls. He has no pace and no place in a team that aspires to get to the premiership. He is nice, but you could say that about half the folk that post on this site.

he’s shybo mate...fans keep calling for the club to move forward and improve (releasing players etc...) but fans still pining for this clown. 

“He tries”

”he loves the club”

”impact sub”

FFS...give me a shirt and over 250 appearances and I’ll tick all three boxes!!! Doesn’t mean I’m good enough. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

he’s shybo mate...fans keep calling for the club to move forward and improve (releasing players etc...) but fans still pining for this clown. 

“He tries”

”he loves the club”

”impact sub”

FFS...give me a shirt and over 250 appearances and I’ll tick all three boxes!!! Doesn’t mean I’m good enough. 

Do you think you would last 7 seasons and 250 appearances?

Now, why might that be?

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

After 7 years, it still bemuses me that so many have failed to master the spelling of a word which has only 5 letters in it. A-T-D-H-E.

I still don't know how to spell Lee's first name.

Is it Keiren, Keiron or some other derivation? :wacko:

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

it was more a point of we spunked a crazy amount of money on a “goal scorer” but the manager doesn’t even bring him on when we need a goal. One of a few big money transfer dealings that hasn’t worked and is a big reason why we are in such a mess. Nice dig though. 

Because he offers virtually nothing.

There's a reason why in recent games Monk has preferred 4 loanees (3 of whom aren't even recognised strikers) and an out of contract player ahead of him as attacking options. The fact that he cost a lot of money and scored a lot of goals 5 years ago doesn't mean that he's going to provide a goal now.

12 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Do you think you would last 7 seasons and 250 appearances?

Now, why might that be?

Yeah cos some silly sausage would keep playing me!!! if nuhiu as been around this long then there’s hope for lots of us. 

Do you honestly think other clubs at this level would have kept him this long? 

16 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Needed to score tonight and Monk brings Nuhiu on and leaves Rhodes on the bench. Crazy that we have a 6 million plus player that Monk doesn’t even bring on when we need a goal. Unfortunately shows what Monk thinks of Rhodes. Shame. 

On that alone, if I were Rhodes, I don't think my confidence could sink any lower. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

A £6 million + £4.4 million player who we can't get rid off for £1 or 2 million. I'm guilty, I was advocating signing him as the missing link. Guess in a way he was.

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

On that alone, if I were Rhodes, I don't think my confidence could sink any lower. 

And despite being fresh after being an unused sub in the last 2 games, an on loan winger and an on loan attacking midfielder were preferred as strikers ahead of him in the starting lineup. This says it all.