Athde

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

And despite being fresh after being an unused sub in the last 2 games, an on loan winger and an on loan attacking midfielder were preferred as strikers ahead of him in the starting lineup. This says it all.

Our owned strikers are dire. One a 'footballing' household name that cant score, the other a name that nobody can pronounce that cant score. 

• Like 1

Atdhe has averaged a goal every 286 minutes in his entire Wednesday career. Not amazing, but equates to a goal every 3 and a bit games.

GIven that he was a free transfer, rarely gets injured, and will be on a fairly modest wage, it's pretty good compared to our other main strikers below from the last few years who all cost a lot of money in fees and/or wages. Also bear in mind that his record includes a season under Gray without the creativity and style that benefited some of the others in the first couple of Carlos seasons.

Winnall - 1 every 341 minutes

Rhodes - 1 every 310 minutes (better than I expected tbh, although this is skewed by 3 in 28 minutes against Forest and 2 in 7 minutes in a league cup game at Bolton. And yes I know you could say this about any player who's bagged 2-3 in a game)

Nuhiu - 1 every 286 minutes

Lucas Joao - 1 every 227 minutes

Forestieri - 1 every 227 minutes

Fletcher - 1 every 223 minutes

Hooper - 1 every 203 minutes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Atdhe has averaged a goal every 286 minutes in his entire Wednesday career. Not amazing, but equates to a goal every 3 and a bit games.

GIven that he was a free transfer, rarely gets injured, and will be on a fairly modest wage, it's pretty good compared to our other main strikers below from the last few years who all cost a lot of money in fees and/or wages. Also bear in mind that his record includes a season under Gray without the creativity and style that benefited some of the others in the first couple of Carlos seasons.

Rhodes - 1 every 310 minutes 

I think it should also be factored into the equation that Rhodes has built a reputation as a goalscorer. Even some of his admirers have confessed that he offers little else. No one considers Nuhiu like that. Often he's thrown on to hold the ball up, rough defenders up a bit or even for defending set pieces at the other end. So for him to have outdone Rhodes in that regard, is even more remarkable - for both of them.

Unfortunately, some will accept nothing other than a relentless battering ram who single-handedly fires us to the title. If that's the kind of standard we are setting, then how many players in our recent history can be said to have lived up to that? Yet for some reason, this guy has probably had more criticism than many of them combined. Sometimes inspirational, sometimes infuriating - but given his reputation and respective cost, Nuhiu has more than adequately fulfilled his role as a rotational option in the squad. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Rhodes - 1 every 310 minutes (better than I expected tbh, although this is skewed by 3 in 28 minutes against Forest and 2 in 7 minutes in a league cup game at Bolton. And yes I know you could say this about any player who's bagged 2-3 in a game)

When I see the team try to link with him it just reminds me of kicking a ball against a garage wall as a kid, apart from the fact that after a while the bricks started to move.

Just big and cumbersome, personally not the type of striker I like to see. Some of the goals he has scored have been good, and the flick for Murphy's goal recently was good. But that is all I have to remember him by, he will dwindle into obscurity once he leaves us as he hasn't done anything memorable. A sad reminder of the times we have found this club in.

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

Nuhui is a lumbering fool,

Gives free kicks away endlessly,

Has no place,no ability,and a strike rate..well,

He is a Trier but no ability,been here far too long, time to go..