3 years a long time in football for Da Cruz

Was arguably MOM on Saturday, gave the QPR defence a torrid time.  Sent in yet another lovely corner (Would it have gone straight in if Windass hadn't finished it off?) 

Snarled at one or two QPR players, was desperate for the team to win, could see in his body language how frustrated he was when he set up other players.   Was pleased for his teammates when they scored.

If he keeps this up they might be others sniffing round him.   

He can run with ball from midfield (Yes! From the midfield)

Can cross, dribble and has real pace.

Admittedly needs a couple of goals and needs for his teammates to read him better as he finds space so easily, but they don't notice (but are starting to).

Monk obviously likes him and I can see him playing in all the remaining games if fit.

Sign him I say.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I like him. Was great to see him get round the back a few times against QPR. I keep willing him to score. That may settle him. 

Just wish people would stop saying this.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, trev said:

Anyone else noticed he does that weird no look pass thing when taking a corner?

Bit strange.

Oh and btw I think if Monk rates him we should try and sign him. He won't cost much and is young and promising. Exactly what we need.

The no look corner suggests a massive amount of confidence in his own ability.

Lets hope its justified or he'll come off a reyt plonker trying things like that if he turns out to be poo in the long run

Guest wilyfox
32 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Just wish people would stop saying this.

Does it bring back painful memories? I'll be gentler next time .. :ph34r:

Edited by wilyfox

What's the point of a no-look corner? I thought the no-look pass is to deceive the opposition into thinking you'll pass the other way, but when you're about to take a corner its quite obvious what's going to happen next and the general direction the ball will travel in.

• Haha 1

Has some potential, it takes some foreign players a while to adapt to English football particularly the championship.  Not saying he's anywhere near the same level but the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and Evra took a while to find their feet over here.  We're often too quick to dismiss a player if they don't impress on their first few appearances.  

Hopefully he starts tomorrow night and impresses on our home pitch and then I would be very keen for us to snap him up before others do

Edited by Owls-Fan

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
6 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

He has the basic's to be a very good player, seem's to have lost his way a little over those years.

He give's us some thing that we have not had for a long time, pace, strength and a positive attitude.

But then, so did Joao, hope fully he will be more consistent.

Strength? 

You’ve seen him play right? 🙄

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Quite a bizarre footballer. Very fast, fit, strong and can hit it.   
but he is so unconventional in his play , he  must be a nightmare to play with , but also possibly to play against
. His runs and movement are like something you would see in Sunday youth football . It’s hard to judge him post lockdown as you can’t see his movement on tv as you can in the stadium. 
I have said before, he needs a lot of work and patience on the training pitch. He is like an even more erratic version of JJ , something I never thought I would see.

I'm sure I read things like that said about Adama Traore a year or two back. If Da Cruz develops in anything like the same way I'd love to have him at S6.

He is a quality player. You can see it from the way he plays, always in space, pacey and direct, plays with no fear, great at set pieces, good cross on him and he also seems to have the work ethic to go with it. 

It is a no brainer from me to sign him.