3 years a long time in football for Da Cruz

He has the basic's to be a very good player, seem's to have lost his way a little over those years.

He give's us some thing that we have not had for a long time, pace, strength and a positive attitude.

But then, so did Joao, hope fully he will be more consistent.

Edited by adelphi1867

he's got some pace and ability whether he's got the mentality and nous to make the best of what he's got will be the making or breaking of him . ....i quite like him but he seems to let himself down with some of the decisions he makes . 

Guest wilyfox

I like him. Was great to see him get round the back a few times against QPR. I keep willing him to score. That may settle him. 

So you all hate the Sun but you want to read an article printed in it?

You all hate Nixon but everyone wants to know what he’s saying.

Well done all those who can’t wait to tell us every single time.

Ill just go and see if there’s anything in the Mail

• Like 2

Does the above just sound a lot like another player we had a few years ago, you can have all the talent in the world but if you don't apply yourself you end up with Jack.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11258841/royston-drenthe-actor-rap/

I personal don't think DaCruz is worth the £2m he will cost us though he did look better in the last match against a very poor QPR.

Edited by room0035
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Does the above just sound a lot like another player we had a few years ago, you can all the talent in the world but if you don't apply yourself you end up with Jack.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11258841/royston-drenthe-actor-rap/

I personal don't think DaCruz is worth the £2m he will cost us though he did look better in the last match against a very poor QPR.

2 million, you really think he will cost that much? No way is he worth that imo. 

Anyone else noticed he does that weird no look pass thing when taking a corner?

Bit strange.

Oh and btw I think if Monk rates him we should try and sign him. He won't cost much and is young and promising. Exactly what we need.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

2 million, you really think he will cost that much? No way is he worth that imo. 

I am sure I heard when we signed him we could make the deal permanent for £2m, I may be wrong but for me other than a couple of crosses and Saturday and for the first time this season he showed a bit of energy he has not shown much to warrant spending any money on him. There are better players in league one who will add more to the team than him.

Marcus Maddison case in point right winger - had a torrid time at Hull, but his stats at peterboro make very good reading. 212 games - 52 goals and 76 assists in 5 1/2 season, at 26 he will get better and he is a free agent. 

• Like 3

He’s the type of player we should be looking to sign. Strong, pacy and young enough to be developed into a saleable asset. Used in the right way as he was at QPR he is the kind of player that defenders hate running in behind them. The fact that he was once on the radar of Arsenal and Liverpool is evidence of his ability. With good attacking coaching and regular game time I reckon he could regain that form that brought him to the attention of top clubs.

As for the £2 million asking price, that surely was the starting point for negotiation pre Covid. Times have changed and a better deal should be possible now. If not look elsewhere.

• Like 2

Quite a bizarre footballer. Very fast, fit, strong and can hit it.   
but he is so unconventional in his play , he  must be a nightmare to play with , but also possibly to play against. His runs and movement are like something you would see in Sunday youth football . It’s hard to judge him post lockdown as you can’t see his movement on tv as you can in the stadium. 
I have said before, he needs a lot of work and patience on the training pitch. He is like an even more erratic version of JJ , something I never thought I would see.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I clicked the link so you don't have to.

ARSENAL have moved ahead of Liverpool in the race to sign Alessio Da Cruz, according to reports.

The Novara star, 20, is thought to have already held talks with Gunners chiefs.

Da Cruz joined the Italian Serie B side from FC Twente last summer.

And with five goals and two assists in 18 appearances so far this season, he has caught the eye of Premier League suitors.

Jurgen Klopp is well aware of the Dutchman's talents - but trails Arsene Wenger in the quest for a signature.

Inter Milan are also monitoring the situation should a Premier League move fall through.

Sky Italia claim Emirates bosses met Da Cruz over the past few days.

They are targeting a switch to the English top flight next summer.

Da Cruz spent last season on loan at Dordrecht in the Dutch second tier.

He scored five goals in 29 appearances after originally coming through the youth ranks at Ajax.

image.png.38ddf0bc22cd97584a6cb30b6e6e2e99.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I am sure I heard when we signed him we could make the deal permanent for £2m, I may be wrong but for me other than a couple of crosses and Saturday and for the first time this season he showed a bit of energy he has not shown much to warrant spending any money on him. There are better players in league one who will add more to the team than him.

Marcus Maddison case in point right winger - had a torrid time at Hull, but his stats at peterboro make very good reading. 212 games - 52 goals and 76 assists in 5 1/2 season, at 26 he will get better and he is a free agent. 

This is the sort of player Wilder would sign. He would check out his personality and attitude, and, for free, give him a chance. Don't know much about him but heard he was watched by big clubs at Peterboro.

Da Cruz for free I'd also give a chance but not even £200,000 never mind £2m.

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

he's got some pace and ability whether he's got the mentality and nous to make the best of what he's got will be the making or breaking of him . ....i quite like him but he seems to let himself down with some of the decisions he makes . 

Should come with experience, not had a full season here yet and he's still relatively young