3 years a long time in football for Da Cruz

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

he's got some pace and ability whether he's got the mentality and nous to make the best of what he's got will be the making or breaking of him . ....i quite like him but he seems to let himself down with some of the decisions he makes . 

I agree. But surely this is where some good coaching comes into play? Too many players with talent seem to come and go. When was the last time we really improved a player during his time at S6?

Da Cruz at the moment is a very rough diamond. But if we can tap into that potential then we could make a lot of money on this guy if he starts firing. Confidence is a strange thing. If he gets 1 goal, who knows.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelerian said:

I agree. But surely this is where some good coaching comes into play? Too many players with talent seem to come and go. When was the last time we really improved a player during his time at S6?

Da Cruz at the moment is a very rough diamond. But if we can tap into that potential then we could make a lot of money on this guy if he starts firing. Confidence is a strange thing. If he gets 1 goal, who knows.....

Couldn’t agree more.  We need to recruit talented coaches almost as much as players.  If we’ve learnt anything from the EFL debacle it’s that we can’t just buy our way into the Premier League. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

Does the above just sound a lot like another player we had a few years ago, you can have all the talent in the world but if you don't apply yourself you end up with Jack.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11258841/royston-drenthe-actor-rap/

I personal don't think DaCruz is worth the £2m he will cost us though he did look better in the last match against a very poor QPR.

His contract is up in August if transfermarkt is correct so could have dropped on there

If the price is right, I'd take him.

Pace, keeps the ball, works hard, takes a good corner. Looks a good squad player that can contribute now and could improve to be a regular starter (and gain some value). I must be watching different games to those that think he looks way out of his depth,

• Like 2

23 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

He has the basic's to be a very good player, seem's to have lost his way a little over those years.

He give's us some thing that we have not had for a long time, pace, strength and a positive attitude.

But then, so did Joao, hope fully he will be more consistent.

Reminds me physically and the way he plays of Tudgay. 

If he can get that consistancy and work rate he could be very good player for us. 

If he is cheap enough id get him. A good coach (which we dont currently have but im hoping this can be rectified in the summer) could make him into a better player whos value could increase and we could benefit.

Biggest bit of business we will do this summer is in the managerial department. IF we beat this EFL charge and IF FFP gets suspended then we are in a good position. New squad required money available, we all of a sudden become an attractive proposition. Two big ifs tho !!!

Sacking Monk and getting a new manager in at the end of the season is a must even if we dont get the two ifs above.

Beattie has done well with strikers before hasn't he?

If we finally get him in the summer could be the coach everyone is saying Da Cruz needs

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

If he is cheap enough id get him. A good coach (which we dont currently have but im hoping this can be rectified in the summer) could make him into a better player whos value could increase and we could benefit.

Biggest bit of business we will do this summer is in the managerial department. IF we beat this EFL charge and IF FFP gets suspended then we are in a good position. New squad required money available, we all of a sudden become an attractive proposition. Two big ifs tho !!!

Sacking Monk and getting a new manager in at the end of the season is a must even if we dont get the two ifs above.

How many times over the last 35 years have we tried that route, and look where it has got us.

We celebrate 2 failed seasons under a manager who has had the most money to spend on players in the clubs history as success!.

WTF?.

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

🥱