Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

6 minutes ago, cain said:

And I think we all know who is to blame for that......this is as bad as the Dave Allen era.....as least when MM was in charge, we had no money but we had unity and hope

Unity & Hope

Both big players in the Wednesday world. 

We have underdog syndrome so without togetherness and some hope, well its like cutting off the oxygen. We don't function well with their absence. 

5 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I suppose for me I’m asking a couple of questions 

Is he better than what we have already got?

Will he have capacity to improve and therefore potentially have a resale value?

If we get a yes to either of these questions then bring him in

To be understood, everything I write is just my opinion.

He is a central midfielder who is poor on the ball and passes most of the time backwards. I guess he got good physicality so it could be a reason why he got contract offer from City.

I don't know who recommended him to us, but I don't see him as mprovement on Pelupessey for next season.

Just now, malek said:

To be understood, everything I write is just my opinion.

He is a central midfielder who is poor on the ball and passes most of the time backwards. I guess he got good physicality so it could be a reason why he got contract offer from City.

I don't know who recommended him to us, but I don't see him as mprovement on Pelupessey for next season.

oh great that’s really cheered me up, he must be shocking to be no better than Pelupessy. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

oh great that’s really cheered me up, he must be shocking to be no better than Pelupessy. 

Again, just my opinion that I hope is wrong.

I just hope that Monk watched him play and it was his decision to bring him in.

6 minutes ago, malek said:

you think more of a league one type of signing? I guess like a lot of people I hear Man City product and i automatically assume he is a good player when obviously it doesn’t always work like that. Like you say I hope Monk has watched him and it is his signing and not someone else at the club who has also thought he must be good just because he’s at city. 

16 minutes ago, malek said:

My gut feeling is, it isn’t? I think it’s somebody else’s but who? No idea?

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

you think more of a league one type of signing? I guess like a lot of people I hear Man City product and i automatically assume he is a good player when obviously it doesn’t always work like that. Like you say I hope Monk has watched him and it is his signing and not someone else at the club who has also thought he must be good just because he’s at city. 

I know Malek watches a lot of football at this level, and is pretty knowledgable about players a lot of us have never heard of. In these matters, I always take note of what he’s saying. However, in this case, if it’s correct that City have offered him a four year deal, he’s perhaps considered a bit better than what we see in those clips

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Exactly, with most of our lot stuck in the past, it’ll be a good education for Wednesday fans to take an interest in what’s happening with the modern game Still not sure I’d expose these youngsters to Monk’s style of football though

Monk said yesterday, change was happening regardless. I took that as it could well include him as he had to point out he was under contract until told otherwise. When a manager has to point that out, they’re usually at the exit door waiting for it to open?

Guest gizowl
42 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So just wages etc to be agreed. Surely the lads needs to know what league we will be in though. 

If the story is accurate he wants first team football  worst case scenario in league one but with a club with great potential, stadium and playing surface. Playing in front of 20k min for home fixtures if he does well it hopefully means the team is doing well or the scouts will be out in force from other clubs. 

We have to start rebuilding, so I'm positive with this one..even if he turns out to be a back passing attacking midfielder (oxymoron?). Like others have said, City offering a 4-year-deal is something to raise our hopes of signing a good player.

17 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Would you sign for a club potentially being relegated to league 1 by a points deduction? Fair play if he is, we are massive 

Playing for a big club with great supporters week in week out, and this club being near to where he already lives..... Yes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I know Malek watches a lot of football at this level, and is pretty knowledgable about players a lot of us have never heard of. In these matters, I always take note of what he’s saying. However, in this case, if it’s correct that City have offered him a four year deal, he’s perhaps considered a bit better than what we see in those clips

Malek also raves about Paul Corry, Nathan Modest and Luke Boden. Not the best judge of a player over the years

• Haha 1