Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon now confirming there is something in this. Also saying we have others lined up. 

It’s interesting hearing Monk’s comments about how he’s excited about what they are trying to do.  Maybe we are going to become a club that develops young players. We’ve got an opportunity now to fill the squad with youth snapped up from PL academies with the promise of more regular first team football

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

It’s interesting hearing Monk’s comments about how he’s excited about what they are trying to do.  Maybe we are going to become a club that develops young players. We’ve got an opportunity now to fill the squad with youth snapped up from PL academies with the promise of more regular first team football

I just really hope that we get to do that in the Championship and not league one. 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just really hope that we get to do that in the Championship and not league one. 

Indeed, sometimes there’s a different way to go in League One, plus we might miss out on some of the brighter prospects if we drop down

Oh, how far we’ve fallen....a 6 page thread on a young player who no one has ever heard of........Just goes to show how depressing it is supporting Wednesday at this time when we are looking for any scrap of something, no matter how small, to give us a bit of cheer 

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, cain said:

Oh, how far we’ve fallen....a 6 page thread on a young player who no one has ever heard of........Just goes to show how depressing it is supporting Wednesday at this time when we are looking for any scrap of something, no matter how small, to give us a bit of cheer 

Just look at how far we've fallen thanks to players we have heard of who failed to deliver on the pitch didn't give a fig then walked away with no conscience and bulging bank accounts. 

Thought it was just someone for the U23s when I first saw but seemingly not.

This is the direction I’ve been hoping the club takes. Can’t sit here and pretend to know anything about him but on paper it looks like a move in the right direction 

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Just look at how far we've fallen thanks to players we have heard of who failed to deliver on the pitch didn't give a fig then walked away with no conscience and bulging bank accounts. 

Exactly, with most of our lot stuck in the past, it’ll be a good education for Wednesday fans to take an interest in what’s happening with the modern game Still not sure I’d expose these youngsters to Monk’s style of football though

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Hes signing for the first team he has to be there is no sense turning down a 4 year contract at city where he has access to better facilities and can play in their prem 2 team. 

I watched lot of PL 2 football this year and after checking out I can say that I watched him play for City U-23's two times. Having to check if I've seen him play says a lot about how well he did in those. City didn't look great in either game and only player that really impressed (and run their midfield) was another central midfielder - Tommy Doyle.

Edited by malek

34 minutes ago, gizowl said:

And I think we all know who is to blame for that......this is as bad as the Dave Allen era.....as least when MM was in charge, we had no money but we had unity and hope

1 minute ago, malek said:

I watched lot of PL 2 football this year and after checking out I can say that I watched him play for City U-23's two times. Having to check if I've seen him play says a lot about how well he did in those. City didn't look great in either game and only player that really impressed (and run their midfield) was another central midfielder - Tommy Doyle.

I suppose for me I’m asking a couple of questions 

Is he better than what we have already got?

Will he have capacity to improve and therefore potentially have a resale value?

If we get a yes to either of these questions then bring him in