Sheffield Wednesday open up all season ticket rebate options at 1pm

3 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Pity those Arsenal workers don't have someone similar backing them. 

I'm not one for footballers need to get into the real world or anything like that. They are in a privileged position for a reason. I just think when clubs look to the future then it will be us fans that are still going to be pumping money in as we have done for a century and a half. Look after number 1 as the saying goes. 

Our staff have been on full  pay thanks to chairman and us fans

Edited by bladeshater

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

Absolute p*sstake. I've had a 20% pay cut, been furloughed for 4 weeks on top of that and am currently up for redundancy along with many others. 

They have had my money for next season already, which is looking increasingly likely I won't be able to attend. Yet I'm expected to wait from June until November for approximately 120 quid whilst they pay players 1000's per week, some for refusing to play. They could have furloughed Fletcher, Foristieri, Westwood and Hutch and have enough change left from the pot to refund fans immediately. Seriously thinking next season can do one as well and I'll ask for a refund ASAP as I paid for it the credit card luckily. 

Know others can afford to let their money sit and I'm in a sort of unique case but if I was returning a shirt or cinema tickets I wouldn't be expected to wait months for the funds to be back in my account. 

Good luck with the redundancy.

59 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I won't give you a flippant, clever t wat reply. Feel for you

I'm pretty sure your case isn't an isolated one - and as furlough monies run out there will be many others in your situation.  Its a pity our club, owned as it is by a billionaire with unlimited funds to invest in the club if only he was allowed by the EFL - can't refund monies in a timely fashion to supporters who have been incredibly loyal and patient.

WTF?!??

Are the EFL also preventing the Chairman from giving our fans their refunds too?

That's shocking if true

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF?!??

Are the EFL also preventing the Chairman from giving our fans their refunds too?

That's shocking if true

This is nowt to do with the EFL, this down to Wednesday taking the p155 and dragging their heels giving supporters OUR money back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

There were certain players who quite clearly were not going to be used and therefore could have been furloughed.

Hutch and foriestieri a prime example 

They would have to have agreed to be furloughed - and accepted a maximum of £2,500 per month. How likely do you think that was?

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They would have to have agreed to be furloughed - and accepted a maximum of £2,500 per month. How likely do you think that was?

Why would they have to agree to be furloughed?

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Why would they have to agree to be furloughed?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-you-could-be-covered-by-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

1st line - if you and your employer both agree.

People generally agreed to be furloughed because the other option was the business making them redundant or going bust as not being able to afford to pay them. Plus, the some the £2,500 per month wasn't far off their wage anyway, the businesses were saving a significant amount in this respect and so some topped up to full pay anyway.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't have to be agreed to be furloughed. You either accept furlough or you're made redundant 

3 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

You don't have to be agreed to be furloughed. You either accept furlough or you're made redundant 

So in which case either you leave as you ain't gonna be played again or you accept furlough. What makes a footballer more entitled to anything above any other working person in this country. If you can explain that one I'll accept it?

It was a golden opportunity for football clubs to reset. Sadly they missed it just like they did when itv digital went bust and the EFL refused 40% in perpetuity from Sky I believe it was in solidarity payments over a higher singular figure for 3 years. 

Edited by TheGaffer
Spelling

4 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

You've literally just written that in order to be furloughed you do have to agree to it - as per the government guidance that I posted a link to. I also said the likelihood is in the normal world of work that most will agree as the other option is probably loss of job.

Footballers are different from those of us with jobs in the real world - they do not get made redundant for not agreeing to furlough.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You've literally just written that in order to be furloughed you do have to agree to it - as per the government guidance that I posted a link to. I also said the likelihood is in the normal world of work that most will agree as the other option is probably loss of job.

Footballers are different from those of us with jobs in the real world - they do not get made redundant for not agreeing to furlough.

Yes I did. Explain to me the difference to between an employee in a factory who has closed down to a football club not playing games?

I'm not wanting to get into a ridiculous debate about it but in a fundamental level the Professional Footballera Association (union) has no further weight behind it than that of unite and unison etc. There isnt a job for those footballers to carry out therefore they could have been furloughed. Just like further down the leagues. They could have accepted it or fizzed off. Simple

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Also very much so that footballers are different from us in the real world. Not accepting furlough to them is not likely to put them at risk of not paying the mortgage, not putting food on the table, not making the choice between those two things, whether to pay electricity bills or let the lad / daughter go on trip out with his mates because like the rest of us normal folk they have been stuck in the house too for the past four or five months. They aren't normal. Just like those in charge aren't normal. They won't see the impact of any of this in the same way as nurses and doctors having to do triple shifts to cover. No they ain't normal. They can and could have ridden this out with minimal impact. Have they? Have we ALL been in it together?