Sheffield Wednesday open up all season ticket rebate options at 1pm

26 minutes ago, Watto said:

Wtf is happening about this season's refund options ?

Will we be able to access ifollow again ?

Unless I've missed something the club have said nothing 

At moment we're only going to miss the one home game this month and we'll be allowed back for QPR game at start of next month. 

They did ask a couple of weeks ago for details of max 4 people attending in bubbles. 

9 minutes ago, bradowl said:

At moment we're only going to miss the one home game this month and we'll be allowed back for QPR game at start of next month. 

They did ask a couple of weeks ago for details of max 4 people attending in bubbles. 

That's not a definite though about fans retuning in October is it ? 

All depends on the covid situation 

13 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

I’ve not had the Bristol City ticket money back either. 

A mate called in ticket office other week with his Bristol City ticket and they took his details and he was told it's same refund policy as season tickets from last season. 60 days or whatever it is. 

I found this a bit bizarre. 

13 minutes ago, Watto said:

That's not a definite though about fans retuning in October is it ? 

All depends on the covid situation 

Correct. 

Has anyone actually got any money back yet for this season or last.

As I have not seen a great deal reported other than the USA site we sign up with, that is currently getting so much bad press online for not paying any refunds for tickets with the American team.

#asking for a friend

On 18/08/2020 at 22:45, TheGaffer said:

Having thought about it further and being in a sector of employment that relies heavily on contract staff. I'm still not seeing how football contract law is different to that of of the general population. 

For example, for anyone who isn't a permanent employee of a company that I work for they immediately lose there rights to that contract if a permanent employee holds the same role. Therefore regardless of whether that employee has been employed for 4 years or more on a fixed contract he or she holds less rights than someone on the same title under a permanent contact. I'm pretty sure I'm right on that. 

Footballers are ALL fixesd termed contracts. However very few are 4 or more. How does this work? Has this ever been challenged since sir Jimmy the chin successfully and rightly at the timed campaigned for the abolition of maximum wage and further to that the bosman ruling?food for thought 

If you can’t see where footballers employment is different to others then you need to give your head a wobble.

for example, I can hand my notice in tomorrow and walk to a competitor.....footballers can’t do that.

Having spent gazillions on Allison can you imagine Liverpool telling him to fizz off if he won’t accept furlough.....and I can’t imagine they can have one rule for some and another for others.

i also know a couple of county cricketers who were furloughed.....govt rule prevented them from any cricket related activities while on furlough.....I know we didn’t exactly rip the league up when we came back but can you imagine the carnage if some teams had been training and others not!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Heard nothing about my refund. 

Club taking fans for mugs once again. 

Absolutely. I was told the club wanted everyone to confirm basically what options they wanted by the end of August so i think that refunds will be issued no later than the end of this month.

3 hours ago, Ian said:

If you can’t see where footballers employment is different to others then you need to give your head a wobble.

for example, I can hand my notice in tomorrow and walk to a competitor.....footballers can’t do that.

Having spent gazillions on Allison can you imagine Liverpool telling him to fizz off if he won’t accept furlough.....and I can’t imagine they can have one rule for some and another for others.

i also know a couple of county cricketers who were furloughed.....govt rule prevented them from any cricket related activities while on furlough.....I know we didn’t exactly rip the league up when we came back but can you imagine the carnage if some teams had been training and others not!

So the cricketers and Joe public law are the same then? Glad I gave my head that wobble

Don't get all this anger re peeps wanting a refund. I have been a season ticket holder (on and off) since 1966. However pre lockdown I had unlimited work in construction at very good rates, during lockdown I had no work, post lockdown I have part time temporary work at poor rates, my income is down 75%.  Do i continue to support players that have lost what % income?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

6 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Don't get all this anger re peeps wanting a refund. I have been a season ticket holder (on and off) since 1966. However pre lockdown I had unlimited work in construction at very good rates, during lockdown I had no work, post lockdown I have part time temporary work at poor rates, my income is down 75%.  Do i continue to support players that have lost what % income?

Is there anger

5 hours ago, Ian said:

I have not had any refund or further news about a refund from last season either. This 60 days thing seems to be on a rolling contract.

Meanwhile, on a more reasonable part of the planet, Yorkshire CCC have given members several options. We have gone for the donation of our entire membership fee for the current season and, in return, you get mentioned in the AGM minutes, in the Yearbook and on the wall in the members' Long Room. You also get concessions and priorities on tickets for the next three seasons (including the Ashes), upgrades to guest tickets, free access to any games that might happen this year (unlikely now, I guess), access to hospitality for one match, access to a first team training session and a few other bits and bobs. Sort of makes you proud to support YCCC, I guess?!

• Like 1
  • Love 2