Sheffield Wednesday open up all season ticket rebate options at 1pm

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This is nowt to do with the EFL, this down to Wednesday taking the p155 and dragging their heels giving supporters OUR money back. 

Seems at odds that the EFL are very quick to assert themselves when clubs do wrong unless that wrong is towards the customers, in which case it's ok.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Also very much so that footballers are different from us in the real world. Not accepting furlough to them is not likely to put them at risk of not paying the mortgage, not putting food on the table, not making the choice between those two things, whether to pay electricity bills or let the lad / daughter go on trip out with his mates because like the rest of us normal folk they have been stuck in the house too for the past four or five months. They aren't normal. Just like those in charge aren't normal. They won't see the impact of any of this in the same way as nurses and doctors having to do triple shifts to cover. No they ain't normal. They can and could have ridden this out with minimal impact. Have they? Have we ALL been in it together? 

Completely agree, I said they aren't like people in normal jobs in this respect, unfortunately very little that can be done about it though

37 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Yes I did. Explain to me the difference to between an employee in a factory who has closed down to a football club not playing games?

I'm not wanting to get into a ridiculous debate about it but in a fundamental level the Professional Footballera Association (union) has no further weight behind it than that of unite and unison etc. There isnt a job for those footballers to carry out therefore they could have been furloughed. Just like further down the leagues. They could have accepted it or fizzed off. Simple

Unfortunately footballers have binding contracts for set periods of time and if they don't want to agree to furlough then clubs have to pay them what they signed up for up until the conclusion of the contract unless they do something that is badly in breach of the terms of the contract.

Those contracts unfortunately mean they are unlikely to accept or 'fizz off' as they don't have to. Said many times during lockdown that it was a bit off that players were continuing to get full pay but little could be done about it. Players have had the aces for a long time now.

Having thought about it further and being in a sector of employment that relies heavily on contract staff. I'm still not seeing how football contract law is different to that of of the general population. 

For example, for anyone who isn't a permanent employee of a company that I work for they immediately lose there rights to that contract if a permanent employee holds the same role. Therefore regardless of whether that employee has been employed for 4 years or more on a fixed contract he or she holds less rights than someone on the same title under a permanent contact. I'm pretty sure I'm right on that. 

Footballers are ALL fixesd termed contracts. However very few are 4 or more. How does this work? Has this ever been challenged since sir Jimmy the chin successfully and rightly at the timed campaigned for the abolition of maximum wage and further to that the bosman ruling?food for thought 

Just now, TheGaffer said:

Having thought about it further and being in a sector of employment that relies heavily on contract staff. I'm still not seeing how football contract law is different to that of of the general population. 

For example, for anyone who isn't a permanent employee of a company that I work for they immediately lose there rights to that contract if a permanent employee holds the same role. Therefore regardless of whether that employee has been employed for 4 years or more on a fixed contract he or she holds less rights than someone on the same title under a permanent contact. I'm pretty sure I'm right on that. 

Footballers are ALL fixesd termed contracts. However very few are 4 or more. How does this work? Has this ever been challenged since sir Jimmy the chin successfully and rightly at the timed campaigned for the abolition of maximum wage and further to that the bosman ruling?food for thought 

The above is all in context of the current situation where an employer has to reduce staff

Looking on websites of a few other clubs I don't think fans from other clubs have been refunded yet, some are saying 6 to 8 weeks and one local club is pushing for fans not to claim a refund as it would be a financial blow for club. 

Edited by bradowl

I'm owed  £75 refund and in normal times would not be bothered in gettting it back and keeping it in the club. I have also put in a section 75 claim on my credit card for monies paid for the 2020/21 season cos im not going to fund the club while Monk is here. 

I can put up with Mr C messing up cos he is funding the club but Monk pick the team and while players like Pelupessy are given extended contracts then its a no from me.

Rant over

UTO

1 minute ago, William 1867 said:

I'm owed  £75 refund and in normal times would not be bothered in gettting it back and keeping it in the club. I have also put in a section 75 claim on my credit card for monies paid for the 2020/21 season cos im not going to fund the club while Monk is here. 

I can put up with Mr C messing up cos he is funding the club but Monk pick the team and while players like Pelupessy are given extended contracts then its a no from me.

Rant over

UTO

I'm glad there's not a chance of sitting next to you this season 

Thanks

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, William 1867 said:

I hope you will one of the 8K allowed in Hillsborough this season.

You deserve it.

There’s a few fans on here who seem to take offence at other fans wanting a refund..it’s utterly bizarre..

41 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Still waiting for contact from SWFC ticket office for 2019/20 part refund. Anyone had contact yet as its getting beyond a joke?

No, not heard nothing from the club. Its time they paid up. 

On 19/08/2020 at 10:50, William 1867 said:

I hope you will one of the 8K allowed in Hillsborough this season.

You deserve it.

I hope you don’t bother coming back, regardless of Monk 

14 minutes ago, Watto said:

Wtf is happening about this season's refund options ?

Will we be able to access ifollow again ?

Unless I've missed something the club have said nothing 

I was wondering this. 

If i had a choice, I'd say keep the money, i'll not bother coming this season (if we're allowed) and use the funds to prefund my season ticket for 2021/22