Sheffield Wednesday open up all season ticket rebate options at 1pm

6 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Why is everyone moaning about money that they never expected to see back anyway

grow up

Its just another stick to beat the owner with in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Should have had the refund by now.....END OF.......end of rebate period PLUS 60 days....piffle...........29th June confirmation....then WITHIN 60 Days of rebate end date which was not indicated ??...........GET IT SORTED !!!

This

30 days after applying, nobody would have batted an eyelid

If I'd received an email at day 28 to say 'Due to demand we are working out way through the list and will get to you as soon as possible' that would have been fine

But 80 days in nobody knows anybody who's even received any contact about it

“Pro rata credit refund

You have selected to take a Pro rata credit refund as your Season Ticket Rebate. A member of the Ticketing team will be in touch on the number you provided to arrange your refund within 60 days of the end of the Season Ticket rebate period.”

“The Owls can confirm the deadline for 2019/20 Season Ticket rebates as Tuesday 1 September”

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, Grandad said:

Cut them some slack?

It's 80 days ago today that the club announced you could apply for a refund. 10 days off 3 months.

The season has started again and finished since that announcement

The new season has started now. 

As far as we are aware not a single fan who applied for a refund has even been contacted yet, never mind seen a £1 in a refund.

Many fans, particularly self employed, are struggling financially as a result of Covid-19 restrictions on their earning capacity.

We have (supposedly if you listen to the sycophants 🙄) a billionaire Chairman who really cares about the fans.

Our fans pay more than they ever have in real terms for the season tickets. They put their money where their mouth is every time its requested.

And still. Nothing.

How much 'slack' do you think is appropriate? Genuine question

We put in 8 different options, ending 1st September. Refunds to be paid in 60 days. Simple as that, you can choose to moan about it all you want but they haven’t broke any promises made.
The club is also suffering from the effects of Covid as well and the chairman is taking the hit, no need to be a sycophant to understand this.

Prices have nothing to do with it, if your not happy don’t buy one. Like I said earlier when people bought their season ticket were they expecting a refund, no.

If your not happy then fine, but personally don’t have an issue.

7 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Why is everyone moaning about money that they never expected to see back anyway

grow up

If you pay for a service and it isn't provided you are entitled to your money back.

The service was access to 23 football matches.

If you book a holiday for example or flight, if it was cancelled due to covid, you are entitled to your money back.

From the post, I assume Ecclesfield owl would be happy to book many holidays, not go because they were cancelled and not claim his money back because "he'd never expect to see it back anyway"

Thats from a grown up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“Pro rata credit refund

You have selected to take a Pro rata credit refund as your Season Ticket Rebate. A member of the Ticketing team will be in touch on the number you provided to arrange your refund within 60 days of the end of the Season Ticket rebate period.”

“The Owls can confirm the deadline for 2019/20 Season Ticket rebates as Tuesday 1 September”

Wasn't that the revised period after being extended?

2 minutes ago, steve simpson said:

If you pay for a service and it isn't provided you are entitled to your money back.

If you book a holiday for example or flight, if it was cancelled due to covid, you are entitled to your money back.

From the post, I assume Ecclesfield owl would be happy to book many holidays, not go because they were cancelled and not claim his money back because "he'd never expect to see it back anyway"

Thats from a grown up.

You’re getting your money back - something that some clubs haven’t offered

Not the clubs fault people can’t read simple instructions and behave like petulant children 

3 minutes ago, steve simpson said:

Thats from a grown up.

Or go to the pictures, but be kicked out half an hour before the end

That’s the end of the rebate period

Which was extended by a month, after people assumed the clock had already started and was nearly a month in iirc.

That was poor form. 

Edited by NeonLeon

Guest Willow Owl
15 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Should have had the refund by now.....END OF.......end of rebate period PLUS 60 days....piffle...........29th June confirmation....then WITHIN 60 Days of rebate end date which was not indicated ??...........GET IT SORTED !!!

Try looking at the update posted 18th Aug. Where the club had to put in a Closing date as numerous season ticket holders had failed to make their decision on what rebate they wanted. They would then start the process of 60 days from 1st September.  

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The extended rebate period

The September 1st date was put in because numerous fans had not chosen there method of rebate. Club issued statement 18th August 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Genuine question was Willow the club employee who fooked up the refunds ? 

🤣

After likes again. If I needed to listen to an a-hole I would Fart.

20 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

The September 1st date was put in because numerous fans had not chosen there method of rebate. Club issued statement 18th August 

The  phased options were available from an early date.....pro-rata-monetary refund was the last to be added....29th June..........these"numerous" fans who had not chosen ????..........convenient or what ??.................29th June (last option added)...50 days later  to 18th August statement issued..................NO EXCUSE TO DELAY THOSE  "MORE THAN NUMEROUS FANS  " who played ball (unlike some of our under performing players)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EcclesallOwl said:

You’re getting your money back - something that some clubs haven’t offered

Not the clubs fault people can’t read simple instructions and behave like petulant children 

Surely its not legal clubs not offering money back on a service they couldn't provide?

Not sure people are behaving like children just criticising a poor service.
Other things that were cancelled in the summer I have received a full refund by now on everything except my SWFC season ticket.

• Like 3

Guest Willow Owl
53 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

The  phased options were available from an early date.....pro-rata-monetary refund was the last to be added....29th June..........these"numerous" fans who had not chosen ????..........convenient or what ??.................29th June (last option added)...50 days later  to 18th August statement issued..................NO EXCUSE TO DELAY THOSE  "MORE THAN NUMEROUS FANS  " who played ball (unlike some of our under performing players)

Did any of these early dates state that it would be 60 days from that date. If they did I can see your argument. 
Convenient is whether you believe the club or not. One of my mates has failed to pick an option so it’s highly likely there are others too. You obviously believe the club is lying without actually having any facts, and that is your opinion.

Personally I don’t think the club has done anything untoward and has given clear precise details. Something that cannot always be said of them.