Academy Retained List

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Borukov was the one everybody said would be better than George Hirst

Though not perhaps those who watched him regularly Need to recruit some strikers at this level with all 5 leaving the U23s, and only Hagan stepping up from the U18s

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Though not perhaps those who watched him regularly Need to recruit some strikers at this level with all 5 leaving the U23s, and only Hagan stepping up from the U18s

And all but 1 leaving the first team squad too

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So we have gone from having about 11 strikers at the club to 2. When contracts are up I mean. Tells you our problem for the last few years doesn't it.

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And all but 1 leaving the first team squad too

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So we have gone from having about 11 strikers at the club to 2. When contracts are up I mean. Tells you our problem for the last few years doesn't it.

Yep, we need to get busy recruiting strikers

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Sad for you lads but a certain Leicester and England forward was shown the door here ,Prove them wrong here .Good luck 

Didn't hurt him dropping down to semi pro with Stocksbridge Park Steels. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Yeah, our strikers weren't good enough. 

Guest Grez Bez
29 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Borukov was the one everybody said would be better than George Hirst

Only those who've never seen him play.

Hope they all get sorted. Would have like to see Kirby stay on but he shy get a club

O Brien always looked good but has struggled with injuries unfortunately.

Due to the lack of options we have in the middle of the park I am surprised Kirby was not offered a deal, at the very least we could have had a proper look at him in the final 8 games of the season.

He has been on loan at Macclefield all season and by all accounts has acquitted himself very well considering everything that is going off there making 39 appearances.

I think one or two of the players we have released will have a decent career at some level. I think an urgent review is needed though of the whole development structure within the club due to the amount of good under18's talent we have had in the last 5 years and the complete lack of player development except 1 or 2. Borukov was an international player and very highly though of for fast tracking to the first team, yet has fallen away after starting this season very well for the under 23's. Preston was giving a first team contract 2 years ago but then has not either been sent on loan or given any first team chances. There is something massively wrong with our youth set up and I believe it is because we have too many ex players in the coaching staff when we should have qualified top quality youth coaches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What that our midfield is crap because none of them get any service. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I guess Preston mustn’t have built on last season but I thought he looked good.

O’Brien seemed to score a few so who knows what you need to do to stop on!

Maybe look like you can or will be able to cut it in the first team, and only Hunt has done that, apart from the keepers of course. Had it not been the situation we are in now we may have kept on a few more. But there is no point paying the likes of Stobbs and preston a few grand a week for a league cup appearance. 

• Like 2