THE EFL HEARING THREAD

BBC have an article.

When the verdict is announced, we have 14 days to lodge an appeal and then it has to be heard within 21 days.

With the administrative end of season being begging of August, 4th i read somewhere, if an appeal is still on going a points deduction would be applied next season.

Cue relegated clubs getting lawyers involved.

10 minutes ago, September65 said:

My understanding (which I am happy to be corrected on) is that the Panel sat for three weeks. I assumed they sat as long as they needed to in order to make a decision. I don't think they are considering the evidence currently are they? 

It that is correct, and they for whatever reason haven't made a decision, what are they waiting for? To see how many points everyone ends up with so they can make a deduction that either maximises or minimises impact?  To wait until the Derby case is heard?

Sorry but I just don't get the whole thing.

EFL say the panel haven't reached a decision yet.

29 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

As much as I hate to say it.  Football seems to bobbing on ok without fans at the moment.

In the short term with TV money yes it is. The EFL can't operate without the fans.

40 minutes ago, bradowl said:

This might have already been posted, I'm busy working. 

Alex Miller from Star.

Just received a call from the EFL to provide clarity on an aspect of last night's statement.

To be clear.. the point on any punishment being enacted this season is pertinent only to Wigan's very separate situation. They will be punished after the final whistle tmrw.

#SWFC

I'm still not clear on this lot. Does it actually mean that we won't get any punishment this season? If so then I'll happily take our chances next season with a deduction should we be found guilty. 

Still praying we're cleared mind you. 

Edited by latemodelchild

8 minutes ago, September65 said:

My understanding (which I am happy to be corrected on) is that the Panel sat for three weeks. I assumed they sat as long as they needed to in order to make a decision. I don't think they are considering the evidence currently are they? 

It that is correct, and they for whatever reason haven't made a decision, what are they waiting for? To see how many points everyone ends up with so they can make a deduction that either maximises or minimises impact?  To wait until the Derby case is heard?

We don't know why it is taking as long as it is taking for the independent panel to reach a decision and from the tone of yesterdays announcement neither do the EFL. It could be the volume or the complexity of evidence; it could be that one of the panel is not available due to other commitments or illness; it could be lots of things but one of them isn't waiting to see how many points they need to deduct to relegate/not relegate (delete as needed for the conspiracy theorists) Wednesday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

E48AF5C5-6F6B-4F28-A3E2-EBA765FDB98F.jpeg

The Sheffield Star lads once again getting the story and bringing us the info we are looking for 

Its time for those with outdated views of The Star to recognise the job that Joe Crann and Alex Miller are doing for us right now 

Bravo.............

5* journalism right there...

In Theory = haven't a clue, but seen it in other social media platforms so will use it anyway !!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, September65 said:

My take on it is that it took 3 weeks for the club & the EFL to present their evidence. The independent panel is still deliberating on the evidence provided.

23 minutes ago, September65 said:

The IDC started work in April and the final stage of the proceedings, the hearing, started on 22 June and was expected to last for a week.

Since then we've all been guessing. Either the hearing is still ongoing (unlikely), the IDC is still deliberating (possible) or they have come to a decision and are sitting on it.

25 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Cant if they are the rules they all signed up to, but again it is the EFL

but any further legal action cant start until after Aug 4th so that would mean next season cant start until after the new court hearing, unless the club taking action is just after compensation

Could get even more messy yet

Edited by the third man

27 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

BBC have an article.

When the verdict is announced, we have 14 days to lodge an appeal and then it has to be heard within 21 days.

With the administrative end of season being begging of August, 4th i read somewhere, if an appeal is still on going a points deduction would be applied next season.

Can't see how that would work. The independent panel are making the decision and I wouldn't think the relegated clubs could sue them.

32 minutes ago, September65 said:

Panel of 3 1 votes guilty 1  votes innocent the other is undecided, they then go and seek clarification on some points from the EFL, Club and experts, just a thought.

1 hour ago, September65 said:

The Independent Commission has sat, finished, made its decision, hasn't it? So why hasn't the EFL communicated it?

Brings into question the whole issue of validity of the term Independent Commission; Someone has been bringing pressure to bare in order to slow down the process under an agreement of mutual none disclosure. Could be us, could be the EFL.  

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

17 minutes ago, mogbad said:

My take on it is that it took 3 weeks for the club & the EFL to present their evidence. The independent panel is still deliberating on the evidence provided.

A crown court trial can take weeks but a jury is expected to return a decision within days!