THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

A crown court trial can take weeks but a jury is expected to return a decision within days!

That's the relevant bit...........................expected.

This panel was expected to return a decision within a short time but, as occasionally happens in crown court cases, it can take longer than expected.

55 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Could they take the points from our 2017/18 season please? I.e. when the 'crime' was committed.

Backdating things is what got us in this mess in the first place. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

E48AF5C5-6F6B-4F28-A3E2-EBA765FDB98F.jpeg

The Sheffield Star lads once again getting the story and bringing us the info we are looking for 

Its time for those with outdated views of The Star to recognise the job that Joe Crann and Alex Miller are doing for us right now 

"In Theory" means he knows as much as we do. Hardly an exclusive scoop from the hacks at the Star. 

10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

This panel was expected to return a decision within a short time but, as occasionally happens in crown court cases, it can take longer than expected.

By that then, are they..does it have to be a unanimous decision.

Or is one getting lairy and thinks we are guilty..🤥

9 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Conjecture my friend. I just can't believe that they (The Independent Panel) are still pondering the case.  

Right mate, thought you were stating as fact.

I can only guess that there are some sort of technicalities involved that are hard to ascertain and the panel are having difficulty in coming to a conclusion.

But, as you say it is all conjecture until anything is decided and published.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

By that then, are they..does it have to be a unanimous decision.

Or is one getting lairy and thinks we are guilty..🤥

I should think it has to be unanimous, if they gave a 2 to 1 verdict either way you'd think one party would automatically appeal.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

I should think it has to be unanimous, if they gave a 2 to 1 verdict either way you'd think one party would automatically appeal.

Mm..

But then if no verdict can be reached..go through it all again with new panel members..

Or case thrown out, not proven..

Tbh, no idea how the whole system works,

Seems to me their aim is to keep everybody in the dark.

34 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

A crown court trial can take weeks but a jury is expected to return a decision within days!

29 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Surely we must be getting close to a case not proved scenario

• Like 1

How the hell can it take weeks to find out when the sale of a football ground took place, and which set of accounts its gone in to ???

I mean come on, what the f..k can you talk about for 8 hours a day for 3 weeks and still not know the answer to a simple question 

Think this may be an all expenses, 100 quid an hour party !

• Like 1