THE I-FOLLOW THREAD - All IFollow questions/problems in here

Best method purchase an Amazon Firestick currently £19.99:they are a handy little device that plugs into the side of your TV via HDMI they will allow you to watch various apps from Netflix to BBC iPlayer you can then use this device to watch I-FOLLOW on the TV via their browser called SILK 

Other methods like a HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV will also work.

Anyone with an iPhone iPad should go throw it in the bin and climb in with it! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Well it seems to be registered in the account section as Android device so I see no reason why it wouldn't I tried via my TV browser first and failed this logged me in and accepted code first time it's able to watch all matches currently available so I think as it's Android based we'll be fine but of course only time will tell have faith though lol

Tried tv browser first too with the same result. lol

• Haha 1

LEES.jpg

CHECK YOUR I-FOLLOW IS WORKING

The big Championship kick-off is coming up and we'll all be having to log in and use the I-Follow service to watch the match.

This brings many challenges with it, as the service has never handled as many fans using the service all at once like it will tomorrow. This could bring technical issues that I-Follow will have to deal with

BUT

There will also be fans leaving it until tomorrow just before kick-off to start logging in, testing the stream, testing their HDMI cables, testing whether it works on their TV's or not and seeing if their firesticks can cope with the throughput of the video being sent by I-Follow.

So - consider this your warning to CHECK YOUR IFOLLOW NOW and don't leave it till the last minute as there will no doubt be many fans coming a right cropper.

This service has been flaky to say the least, but there are also a whole heap of fans who find that I-Follow doesn't work as smooth as they would like because they haven't bothered to set it up properly.

If you're going to be watching on a phone or tablet then chances are you might be just fine if you're on a fast wi-fit internet service. TEST IT ANYWAY!

If you're going to be doing something whacky like trying to watch it on your big TV then this is where you'll come into issues and all kinds of problems.

If you're going to be connecting via HDMI cable from your laptop you need to test it

If you're going to try streaming it from your phone/tablet/laptop then test it

If you're thinking of using the TV in-built browser then definitely definitely test it as most TV's aren't compatible

If you think you'll be ok - TEST IT ANYWAY

Tomorrow is going to be maximum fun, and we want to be talking about the lads on the pitch, the goals we'll be scoring, the three points we'll be gettting. We don't want to be reading about fans who have tried logging on last minute and can't get the match working and blaming I-Follow

TEST

YOUR

I-FOLLOW

NOW

*end of message*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

The woman on the phone said most of the codes haven't been sent out yet.

But then again I thought half of the posters on here were too miserable to consider watching it tomorrow

The grumpy ones will be spaffing their knickers tomorrow before kick-off

They're just doing that old Sheffield thing where you pretend to not be bothered about summat but you know when the time comes you'll be jizzing over it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I'm not the best with technology so was wondering if anyone can help. I wanted to stream through my TV if possible. It is an LG smart TV, with a browser, is it possible? Or can I stream using an X-Box or PS4? 

Failing that I have a Firestick I haven't a clue how to use & an ipad as back up. 

Any help appreciated.

I have an iFollow audio account for the season and assumed that I would be able to listen to the match as normal. However, I can't see any reference to audio-only coverage in their pre-match blurb.....does anyone know if this will be working?

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

LEES.jpg

CHECK YOUR I-FOLLOW IS WORKING

The big Championship kick-off is coming up and we'll all be having to log in and use the I-Follow service to watch the match.

This brings many challenges with it, as the service has never handled as many fans using the service all at once like it will tomorrow. This could bring technical issues that I-Follow will have to deal with

BUT

There will also be fans leaving it until tomorrow just before kick-off to start logging in, testing the stream, testing their HDMI cables, testing whether it works on their TV's or not and seeing if their firesticks can cope with the throughput of the video being sent by I-Follow.

So - consider this your warning to CHECK YOUR IFOLLOW NOW and don't leave it till the last minute as there will no doubt be many fans coming a right cropper.

This service has been flaky to say the least, but there are also a whole heap of fans who find that I-Follow doesn't work as smooth as they would like because they haven't bothered to set it up properly.

If you're going to be watching on a phone or tablet then chances are you might be just fine if you're on a fast wi-fit internet service. TEST IT ANYWAY!

If you're going to be doing something whacky like trying to watch it on your big TV then this is where you'll come into issues and all kinds of problems.

If you're going to be connecting via HDMI cable from your laptop you need to test it

If you're going to try streaming it from your phone/tablet/laptop then test it

If you're thinking of using the TV in-built browser then definitely definitely test it as most TV's aren't compatible

If you think you'll be ok - TEST IT ANYWAY

Tomorrow is going to be maximum fun, and we want to be talking about the lads on the pitch, the goals we'll be scoring, the three points we'll be gettting. We don't want to be reading about fans who have tried logging on last minute and can't get the match working and blaming I-Follow

TEST

YOUR

I-FOLLOW

NOW

*end of message*

How? There’s nowt on! :duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

I'm not the best with technology so was wondering if anyone can help. I wanted to stream through my TV if possible. It is an LG smart TV, with a browser, is it possible? Or can I stream using an X-Box or PS4? 

Failing that I have a Firestick I haven't a clue how to use & an ipad as back up. 

Any help appreciated.

Any of those should work fine in theory, but iFollow is hella picky about browsers.

If you can log in to iFollow on any of them, and get to your account page then back to the SWFC site while still logged in, then you *should* be able to watch the game no problem.

Chrome has always worked for me, while Firefox doesn’t because of the privacy/security settings I’ve got it set up with. iFollow pretty much makes you disable everything privacy-related to it can dribble cookies and trackers all over your system. Grr.

Edited by Mr. Tom

I have an iFollow audio account for the season and assumed that I would be able to listen to the match as normal. However, I can't see any reference to audio-only coverage in their pre-match blurb.....does anyone know if this will be working?

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The grumpy ones will be spaffing their knickers tomorrow before kick-off

They're just doing that old Sheffield thing where you pretend to not be bothered about summat but you know when the time comes you'll be jizzing over it

lol

Like an old yellow sock.

18 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

Any help appreciated.

Did that exact thing last night. Used the amazon silk internet browser on the firestick and it was sorted after entering my details. Checked it and looks fine. 

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but when I try to register it says email address not available. Have tried different ones and emailed them so awaiting reply but just wondered if anyone had this and got it sorted. Why is nothing ever straight forward. 😰

Just now, Blue&White Wizard said:

Did that exact thing last night. Used the amazon silk internet browser on the firestick and it was sorted after entering my details. Checked it and looks fine. 

You may as well be speaking klingon?

I understood about 2 of those words.🖥️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but when I try to register it says email address not available. Have tried different ones and emailed them so awaiting reply but just wondered if anyone had this and got it sorted. Why is nothing ever straight forward. 😰

Did you try to use different e mails to log into the existing account?

Register from scratch again using the different e mail address as if you’ve never registered before & use new password.