THE I-FOLLOW THREAD - All IFollow questions/problems in here

Guest freerole
26 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Is there a way I can watch the game on my telly from my iPhone.  UTO 

Does Gary Rowett know??

Guest freerole
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All these problems are why you should be checking your IFollow TODAY and not leaving it till tomorrow and finding you can’t log in or stream it 

Don't wait.....do it! 

7 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I have logged on to my iFollow account and my dad's iF account using my tablet, because my dad only has a tablet and the thing I have found is that if you download the app and use that on your android device, it will not allow you to cast it to a telly, but if you just open up swfc iFollow in your web browser and log in, you are able to then cast it to a tv.

I guess you can do the same with a fire stick or similar. 

Yeah that looks the way to do it 👍

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

As I dont have a code for ifollow, who should I call?

Looks like it's on it's way mate

iFollow promo codes emailed to Season Ticket holders should be redeemed at the earliest possible opportunity.

Supporters who submit their Season Ticket rebate iFollow bundle option by 5.00pm today will have their code sent in time for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, mark.flem said:

I'm not the best with technology so was wondering if anyone can help. I wanted to stream through my TV if possible. It is an LG smart TV, with a browser, is it possible? Or can I stream using an X-Box or PS4? 

Failing that I have a Firestick I haven't a clue how to use & an ipad as back up. 

Any help appreciated.

So you have a smart TV, an x-Box, a PS4, an iPad and a Firestick - but you're 'not the best with technology'?

You must be a real glutton for punishment...      but then again so is everyone else on here! lol

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Looks like it's on it's way mate

iFollow promo codes emailed to Season Ticket holders should be redeemed at the earliest possible opportunity.

Supporters who submit their Season Ticket rebate iFollow bundle option by 5.00pm today will have their code sent in time for tomorrow.

Thanks mate, far easier pub and match than this I don't know how people cope with this all time I'd rather waste £150 going match than have this stress lol

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Thanks mate, far easier pub and match than this I don't know how people cope with this all time I'd rather waste £150 going match than have this stress lol

The fun's only just begun

Wait till 30,000 Wednesday fans all try logging onto I-Follow  at five to 3

lol

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Been trying to sort mine out for the last half hour but apparently my code isn’t valid.

Sent an email to Ifollow but no chance this’ll get sorted out in time for the match tomorrow.

Stick with it 

What is it saying when you try?

Have you tried logging into the SWFC site and checking there?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All these problems are why you should be checking your IFollow TODAY and not leaving it till tomorrow and finding you can’t log in or stream it 

Sorry big brother, but you can only test your account and access functionality today. Whether or not we can all manage to stream the content tomorrow is a separate worry altogether. Making the decision to play the games from tomorrow should have been put back another week until all this was up and running.  

I tested and set up as much as I could as soon as I was able to, but I asked the EFL when they first proposed using iFollow, why they were not doing something with Quest, or another tv channel too, because of all the many IT issues that could prevent people from viewing or getting a a good picture, sound etc. I have had the internet service since Wednesday first started using it, because I work abroad a lot and it has always been flaky even on the commentary only option, but even that has got worse lately. The digital option has so many limitations from their servers struggling to handle all the extra clients, internet providers playing around reducing bandwidth, more people putting heavier and heavier demands on the networks by Skyping, Whatsapping, Zooming (and all the other methods of online meetings), gaming, streaming films, music and tv using Netlix, Prime, Sky, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal etc also drags the speeds down, so if by Saturday not everybody can get set up to watch at 3pm.

The whole thing is very last minute from the EFL and even more last minute from the clubs. As usual Chansiri has had to put his monetary twist on it by not allowing ALL season ticket holders the opportunity to watch games, only those over 18, despite the EFL making iFollow available to all season ticket holders. Some people will not have even had chance to mess about doing everything that they need to do yet, given the short space of time to do it, so there will be some disappointed punters tomorrow. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Stick with it 

What is it saying when you try?

Have you tried logging into the SWFC site and checking there?

The promotion code you entered is not valid.

I’d have not usually left it so late but I wanted to give the pass to my mum so waited until I stopped by her house to drop her shopping off and just thought I’d register it through her IPad.

I’ll keep trying and see what happens, still got a bit more time yet pal.

1 hour ago, kevtheowl said:

Is there a way I can watch the game on my telly from my iPhone.  UTO 

If you've got a smart tv you can use the mirror function. If not you need a firestick or Chromecast

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The promotion code you entered is not valid.

I’d have not usually left it so late but I wanted to give the pass to my mum so waited until I stopped by her house to drop her shopping off and just thought I’d register it through her IPad.

I’ll keep trying and see what happens, still got a bit more time yet pal.

Is it a promotional code or just a code?  (if that makes sense)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, mark.flem said:

I'm not the best with technology so was wondering if anyone can help. I wanted to stream through my TV if possible. It is an LG smart TV, with a browser, is it possible? Or can I stream using an X-Box or PS4? 

Failing that I have a Firestick I haven't a clue how to use & an ipad as back up. 

Any help appreciated.

Use the firestick and use the Amazon Silk browser. You may need to download it if you haven't used it before but it's easy. Silk works well with ifollow.

I tried alsorts and couldn't get Chromecast to work from an Android tablet or iPhone even using Chrome browser.

Unbelievable the actual App doesn't have the cast option in it

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

7E45E6EB-7A91-42BD-8D40-126177562E88.jpeg

304A38D0-4DC5-45DF-B9FF-58E40D5AA075.jpeg

705015E4-7C8C-4071-BC59-38C405E5381E.jpeg

Here at Owlstalk HQ we are testing streaming the match from a MacBook Pro to our TV via Airplay and it’s working like a dream

TEST YOUR I-FOLLOW TODAY

Cannot stress this enough peeps

489Mb down connection, Cat7 cable direct into router so I don't get wi-fi lag.   If I have any issues, it won't be my side.

2135757-200.png

THE OWLSTALK EASY GUIDE TO STREAMING FROM IPHONE/IPAD/MACBOOK TO SMART TV (Your TV must support Airplay)

1) First let's set up your device..

• Click 'Settings'
  • Click 'General Airplay & Handoff'
  • Click 'Automatically AirPlay to TV's'
  • Set this setting to 'Automatic'

2) Now let's stream from your device to your Smart TV

• Click a video
  • Click play
  • Click the little airplay tv icon to the left of the play button (shown at top of this post)
  • Choose your TV
  • Enjoy!

*troubleshooting*

If your device says that there's an issue with 'cross site tracking':

• Click 'Settings'
  • Click 'Safari'
  • Go down to privacy and security
  • Go to 'prevent cross site tracking' and turn that OFF
  • Go back to your browser and restart it
  • Go back to section number 2 above
  • Like 2

Owlstalk Shop