THE I-FOLLOW THREAD - All IFollow questions/problems in here

Just a bit of help if you are struggling. Got this working on mine following these steps. Afraid I will not be able to reply to any queries because we are doing a skype pub quiz with some friends tonight and it is going to be a long and boozy session (The Jimmy Carr lockdown quiz) but hopefully this will work for you too, unless something else is amiss.

To cast iFollow to your tv you need to bypass the android app. It does not allow casting.

If you have the app installed make sure you are logged off and it is closed.

On your android device, use the browser to open the SWFC ifollow main website. Nothing android related just the normal SWFC iFollow website.

Sign into your account on the website.

Cast to your tv as normal so that you can choose a video to watch and click play. 

If your account is working this should enable you to watch on the tv. No idea how stable it will be when everbody and their grandads are using it tomorrow, but unless they rewrite the app, this is my dad's only way of watching it on anything he can see!

Good luck and UTO!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

How? There’s nowt on! :duntmatter:

You can watch the 'highlights' of the Brentford and Derby matches if you want to get back into the swing of remembering how we play! 

:bullen:

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

7E45E6EB-7A91-42BD-8D40-126177562E88.jpeg

304A38D0-4DC5-45DF-B9FF-58E40D5AA075.jpeg

705015E4-7C8C-4071-BC59-38C405E5381E.jpeg

Here at Owlstalk HQ we are testing streaming the match from a MacBook Pro to our TV via Airplay and it’s working like a dream

TEST YOUR I-FOLLOW TODAY

Cannot stress this enough peeps

Can my dad come round tomorrow? He'll bring a chair, a flask of tea, he doesn't cough much now, has no annoying habits, very rarely uses bad language and never boos.

I only registered for mine at 6.15pm tonight.

I assumed in today’s digital age I was doing it early and not leaving it to the last minute.

Seems I’ve actually left it too late. They need headlines specifying the deadline for me to notice things like that.

oh well, I’ve not missed it one jot for two months, I’ll cope with another week.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Been trying to sort mine out for the last half hour but apparently my code isn’t valid.

Sent an email to Ifollow but no chance this’ll get sorted out in time for the match tomorrow.

Try on internet explorer and then reset password. Then try logging in on internet explorer again...painful but might work...did for me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, owls about that said:

I have used I follow before and coverage normally begins a just a few minutes before kick off, will this apply

for this package or does the coverage start earlier.

Kick off time on the iFollow countdown suggests bang on 3pm, but Sky have shown the minutes silence and bending down on one knee stuff for the two games on Wednesday night. You would hope the EFL would do a bit of something before kick off. 

Maybe a bit of Morris Dancing in the two teams colours?

• Haha 2

I-FOLLOW  FAQs extended;

Q) I am trying to register for iFollow, but my email address is not being recognised.

Apple / iPhone users - there is a known issue with users who are attempting to register for iFollow using the Safari browser. Please try again, using Google Chrome or Firefox if possible.

You may have already registered an iFollow account. Please try and reset your password using the link on iFollow.

You could also try registering an account with an alternative email address if you have one.

Q) I have my codes, but I’m still having trouble logging into iFollow. How do I contact iFollow support?

If you are having trouble logging in, or with other aspects of iFollow – please contact the iFollow support team by email (iFollow@efl.com)

Q) Can I access iFollow on more than one device?

It is possible to access iFollow on more than one device, but NOT at the same time. If you wish to use an alternative device, you will need to log out of iFollow on the original device, before logging in again. You will not need to enter your promo code a second time.

Q) Will I have access to all iFollow content with my Season Ticket holders code?

You will have access to live matches and ‘Freemium’ content. Supporters may query the issue that they cannot see certain types of VOD content (premium). This is normal and expected. Live games will be available

Q) Can I use a Smart TV to watch the matches?

iFollow is not available on Smart TVs. Please use a laptop, tablet, or smart phone using your club’s iFollow app from the relevant app store.

Q) I don’t qualify for a code, but I’d still love to watch the match! How do I do that?

78 out of the remaining games will be available to watch on iFollow / club streaming services as pay-per-view, costing £10 per match, including Wednesday v Forest this weekend.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How come it’s too late for me to receive a code for tomorrow for a season ticket but not too late for me to watch it if I pay £10?

weird

I'm sure you can guess mate, if I've not got a code I'll either pay a tenner or nip my dads to watch it.

Come Monday though I'll be changing my mind and just getting a full refund as too much hassle plus my now 18year old who doesn't live with me can't have a code.

You would have thought swfc would have simply emailed every season ticket holder with a code and simple step by step guide on how to use it.

Also why not just have all the games on the red button for those with Sky.

Just tested it on Android. Can get both the app and the website to screen mirror on both the Chromecast and the LG bedroom TV. The picture is average and a bit jerky on the TV, it's much better on the phone. Obviously with screen mirroring it won't fill the TV screen. 

Honestly can't believe how bad iFollow is. Paid for it without realising such a basic function as Casting wouldn't be available. The BT Sport app looks great cast onto my TV. 

Just been reading that there won't be any red button games as well. So if we aren't on Sky Sports Main channels iCrap is the only option. Hi ho hum Sheffield Wednesday. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have you double checked your SPAM folders?

Yea, and I phoned them up this morning..lady was really helpful.

My account had my brothers email connected with it and they just changed it to mine.

Hope I don't have to phone them again tommorrow.